Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Quarterback Possibilities for the Carolina Panthers

Recommended Posts

I’m actually hoping that Cam has to sit next year. That means we suck again, the 2020 qb class is stacked and Ron/Marty will be gone.

 

A win for everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

I’m actually hoping that Cam has to sit next year. That means we suck again, the 2020 qb class is stacked and Ron/Marty will be gone.

 

A win for everyone

Ideally, if we have to compete for the first pick in the coming seasons I hope it is in 2021. Trevor Lawerence is the QB in college now who I think is going to be a superstar in the NFL. He drops absolute dimes all over the field and has a cannon. I know it’ll probably never happen, but a guy can dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joemac said:

Ideally, if we have to compete for the first pick in the coming seasons I hope it is in 2021. Trevor Lawerence is the QB in college now who I think is going to be a superstar in the NFL. He drops absolute dimes all over the field and has a cannon. I know it’ll probably never happen, but a guy can dream.

Cam vs. Luck = Tua vs. Trevor all over again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Growl said:

I'm going to keep screaming my point every time it comes up because no topic we have ever discussed on this forum has been more important to the long term success of the Carolina Panthers.

Either Cam is healthy and you have an All-Pro QB, or you've equipped yourself to go get Tagovailoa.

The in between methods are sweet sounding poison. Do not get sucked in.

I sort of agree.  If it comes down to Cam missing next season, I wouldn't mind if we picked a qb in the first round, signed a free agent or two for the oline, and drafted defense after the first.  

We try the new guy out for a year, and if he works out and Cam comes back healthy and ready the following year, we have a choice to trade a healthy veteran or a promising rookie.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  And we hopefully improve the defense enough to win next year with a rookie qb.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lasus83. said:

Cam vs. Luck = Tua vs. Trevor all over again?

They both are going to be studs I think. The only difference btw now and then is that I don’t think anyone would stay in college an extra year just to avoid playing for the Panthers now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheRed said:

 

 

 

Are the longtime huddlers here going to have the balls to say something about this or what?

I will say it.  I am also a Panthers fan first and formost. And the rest of Igo's opine is spot on in IMO.

Nice post Jermy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, TheRed said:

 

 

 

Are the longtime huddlers here going to have the balls to say something about this or what?

WOW the white supremacy goes all the way to the TOP!!

 

That's what you want someone to say, right?  Who am I kidding, it's not a real question because you've made it abundently clear that's how you cache even the most mild criticism of a crippled QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Let's be honest here, he hasn't been able to do it for two years. Hes literally gone from a top 5 deep ball QB to a bottom 5 deep ball QB.

0 for on throws over 30 yards last two seasons

25 completions on over what 90-100 attempts over 20 yards last two seasons.

His shoulder is damaged goods, if Rivera and Hurney were smart they'd use a 1st or 2nd on a qb either via draft or trade. 

It's not just his shoulder though.

His contract expires in two years, and with his health being what it's been there's a real possibility that the Panthers and Newton's agent might be pretty far apart in their expectations. 

Heck, who knows if Tepper would even be willing to pay a blockbuster QB contract when the league is trending away from that idea? Drafting a young QB and trying to win while he's still on his rookie deal is a big thing right now.

As heartless as it might sound, and as much as I know we're all gonna hate the idea, the time has come that the team will have to start thinking about planning for a post Cam Newton roster.

Yes, it would suck monkey balls to see him finish his career elsewhere.  It would suck equally to see him finish his career with his arm diminished.  But the sad truth is that both of those things are real possibilities.

As has been quoted many times, hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I sort of agree.  If it comes down to Cam missing next season, I wouldn't mind if we picked a qb in the first round, signed a free agent or two for the oline, and drafted defense after the first.  

We try the new guy out for a year, and if he works out and Cam comes back healthy and ready the following year, we have a choice to trade a healthy veteran or a promising rookie.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  And we hopefully improve the defense enough to win next year with a rookie qb.  

There has been nothing to indicate Cam will miss next season. The concern centers around being prepared to get another star if his shoulder issue reemerges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

WOW the white supremacy goes all the way to the TOP!!

 

That's what you want someone to say, right?  Who am I kidding, it's not a real question because you've made it abundently clear that's how you cache even the most mild criticism of a crippled QB.

Crippled, really? Wow.

This from the poster that recently changed his username from "Camvp". I have never seen anyone that fickle. Pretty damn embarrassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Growl said:

There has been nothing to indicate Cam will miss next season. The concern centers around being prepared to get another star if his shoulder issue reemerges.

Which is why I said if.  There has been nothing to indicate he will be available either.   And the shoulder issue hasn't gone away for it to have to re-emerge.   But if the problem continues, they may have to consider sitting him for the season, and should be prepared to do so.  Hope for the best, plan for the worst.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Which is why I said if.  And the shoulder issue hasn't gone away for it to have to re-emerge.   But if the problem continues, they may have to consider sitting him for the season, and should be prepared to do so.  Hope for the best, plan for the worst.    

Something has got to give.  We cannot continue on this way.  Cams shoulder has got to be addressed, and fixed this offseason, or he needs to sit the entire year to try and get better.  Then you have his contract coming up for renewal next year.  It could be a sticky situation, and if Cam does need to sit out an entire year, we could be in line for the first pick.  It would be very tempting to take Tua or whomever and let Cam walk.  Use that 25 million a year in other positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


52 minutes ago, Lasus83. said:

Cam vs. Luck = Tua vs. Trevor all over again?

I'd love Tua or Trevor. I would not love the season we would have to endure in 2019 or 2020 for a shot at either of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Crippled, really? Wow.

This from the poster that recently changed his username from "Camvp". I have never seen anyone that fickle. Pretty damn embarrassing.

 

Life moves on; no reason my handle shouldn't.

Igo's factually correct statement regarding Cam's throwing range - obvious to anyone with a functioning brain stem - eliciting such a tantrum from you goes to show how deep this persecution complex on behalf of Cam goes.  

At least be intellectually honest and explicitly say what you think all these perceived barbs at Cam actually indicate, instead of constantly making insinuations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

 

Life moves on; no reason my handle shouldn't.

Igo's factually correct statement regarding Cam's throwing range - obvious to anyone with a functioning brain stem - eliciting such a tantrum from you goes to show how deep this persecution complex on behalf of Cam goes.  

At least be intellectually honest and explicitly say what you think all these perceived barbs at Cam actually indicate, instead of constantly making insinuations.

 

Meh. You're a weak minded person. Your cowardly actions speak for themselves.

I've already stated my peace on all this.

But keep calling people crippled like you aren't a fickle little bitch. We both know you would lose your poo if someone said that about CMC if he was playing through a bad hamstring injury or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...