Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Eagles looking to trade Foles. Would you want him?

On 1/6/2019 at 6:24 PM, Moo Daeng said:

I don't believe the sentiment to be true and assuming it is there is no way we trade for another 20 million dollar QB. 

No, I don't think we'd spend $20 mil for a 1 year rental. 

I think Foles may be very similar to Jake Delhomme...really good in Philly but that's probably got more to do with the situation, coaches and he loves being an Eagle.  I don't think Foles or Delhomme would do great on other teams.  

1 hour ago, Gucceland said:

I think Foles may be very similar to Jake Delhomme...really good in Philly but that's probably got more to do with the situation, coaches and he loves being an Eagle.  I don't think Foles or Delhomme would do great on other teams.  

Foles is a Super Bowl Champion and MVP.....not at all similar to Jake, or Cam for that matter.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

For a mid round draft pick? I'd say yes.

But can he throw the ball over 20 yards???

18 hours ago, Gucceland said:

All players are similar in that regard.

again again again

some coaches can only get guys that fit what they want and are very square,.. a very few can adjust their systems to their players.

im not saying you could take David Carr and swap him with Tom Brady— but does anyone think Tom Brady would have had the success or possibly be forgotten by now somewhere else?

what if Tom had played for Cinci or Fishers Rams or the Titans when they had Kerry Collins? 

What if David Carr had gone to a team that had a great offensive line and a playcaller like Pat Shurmer or Andy Reid instead of running for his life in Houston under Dom the dildo?

Brett Favre famously would have died in Atlanta— and under most WCO coaches would have been a journeyman,..

but Holmgren adjusted his whole offense  to Brett. 

Doug Pederson runs 2 different offenses, Wentz and Foles— completely different and it that was publically stated not speculation.

we all have seen Cam be very different with Chud vs Shula vs Norv vs Broken Cam with Norv.

good coaches change— and great players are often duds on other teams,.. but it’s not the players,.. it’s the coach!

Edited by JARROD

On 1/6/2019 at 8:10 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

For a mid round draft pick? I'd say yes.

I'd trade a mid round pick for Aaron Donald. What's that? Oh I thought this was a thread where we list unrealistic hypotheticals.

Bidding for Foles STARTS at a first round pick and is likely to go up if he keeps making noise in the playoffs. 

He'd be a good insurance policy for Cam but we're kidding ourself if we think Philly won't laugh in our face if we propose a mid round pick for him. They'll be so insulted they won't even counter, just hang up immediately. 

Nick Foles is perfect for his system, and his system only.

And Foles isn’t being shipped to a team with an established franchise QB. And he’s not being claimed for mid-round currency. It’s not even worth a debate. 

Edited by je1005
  • Pie 1

Tampa and Miami and the like are gonna sell the farm for Foles our situation is not that serious yet. Just move some rookies higher up on the draft board as insurance.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:43 AM, GeorgeHanson said:

Foles is a Super Bowl Champion and MVP.....not at all similar to Jake, or Cam for that matter.

Guess you missed my point.  I don't think Foles success in Philly will translate to success for other teams.  I think Philly is a great fit for Foles, just like Carolina was a great fit for Delhomme.  Neither are stand alone types of QBs that could succeed in multiple systems or on multiple teams.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, JARROD said:

All players are similar in that regard.

good coaches change— and great players are often duds on other teams,.. but it’s not the players,.. it’s the coach!

Foles didn't show much for the Rams...also he has not played more than a half season for Pederson...it's hard to say how he would fair playing a full season and playoffs in Pederson's system.  Once teams are preparing for Foles, he may become ineffective.   

Point is...I wouldn't pay a lot for this guy as he may be a journeyman who just arrived in a great situation.

A starting NFL QB, with playoff and SB win experience for a team that has a QB with a bum shoulder?

Duh, I think the second rounder would not be enough

47 minutes ago, Gucceland said:

Foles didn't show much for the Rams...also he has not played more than a half season for Pederson...it's hard to say how he would fair playing a full season and playoffs in Pederson's system.  Once teams are preparing for Foles, he may become ineffective.   

Point is...I wouldn't pay a lot for this guy as he may be a journeyman who just arrived in a great situation.

Journeymen don’t just step in and win 100% of their playoff games and win in the clutch.

if you read the rest of the post, looks like not, some coaches change to their players and some get stuck in their systems and cannot adapt.

Fisher was one of those coaches— had a system, could only gain some success if he had guys that fit his system perfectly.

Pederson adapted his whole offense to Wentz,.. and then changed it all to fit Foles. It’s what better coaches can do.

thats how the Rams went from terrible to great... adaptive coach versus a square.

Jared Goff was a bust,.. now not so much.

anyway.. as I’ve also said, as much as I think he would be great in Carolina there’s no way we can go get him— and Phily would be crazy, Pederson committing suicide if he trades Foles and then doesn’t go back to the playoffs—

Wentz is the realistic option for trade for them,.. he’s on a rookie contract so he’s cheap,..

if the staff thought Cam was 50/50 best case to start next year then it would be a win win on Wentz,.. depending on what they want— which will probably be unrealistic.

We will probably do nothing and Rivera will rise Cams arm into legend or a pasture.

• Beer 1