Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Eric Washington will remain as D-coordinator

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Why wouldn't he be? He's obviously a damn good coach, or he wouldn't have had the success he had as a lineman coach. 

From my perspective, he just needs more experience.  He's going to get that, and continue to grow, while Rivera calls the plays next year. 

That's a win/win folks. 

People obviously didn't understand what you or Scot said. 

2 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Rest Cam all season and play for the #1 pick. That's all I'm hoping for

Yeah and waste 23 million in cap space or 1/6 of our total cap for the hope he gets better with no guarantee. 

2 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Instead of helping Washington along and bettering his career I would rather Ron fire him.  It would make me feel a lot better as a fan and an Internet poster regardless if it was the best move for the team.  

There's a decent argument to be made that moving Washington back to defensive line duties is in the best interest of the team.

Truthfully, I think this has to do with what's in the best interest of Eric Washington as much as anything, but it still can benefit the team even if that isn't the primary motive.

If we're being honest, I'm actually more skeptical about Ron Rivera doing double duty than I am about Washington coaching the defensive line.

This is where Tepper steps in and says decision overruled!  You re good at D Ron and suck at personnel decisions. 

Edited by GoPanthers123

seems like maybe he's keeping his loyals together for his next gig.   got his spies.

36 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

How fuging stupid do you have to be to believe they aren't serious about winning?

Stop with the ignorance!!!

The proof is in the pudding. Their actions say it all. They care more about their friends succeeding and family atmosphere than winning. Do they care about winning? No fuggin sh*t, all teams care about winning. Some a LOT more than others, which does not include us. They want to create a loyalty family atmosphere first, if winning comes with that, then that's just icing on the cake, but winning is not their first priority.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Castavar said:

The proof is in the pudding. Their actions say it all. They care more about their friends succeeding and family atmosphere than winning. Do they care about winning? No fuggin sh*t, all teams care about winning. Some a LOT more than others, which does not include us. They want to create a loyalty family atmosphere first, if winning comes with that, then that's just icing on the cake, but winning is not their first priority.

I can't believe you have convinced yourself of this. You're either very gullible,  or dumb as poo 

2 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

WTF is the point of having a DC if they aren't calling plays? Unless we hire an assistant to Ron directly, as was mentioned earlier, next season will be a full blow sh!t show. 

It keeps him from getting fired. Plus it allows Rivera to cover for him and try to groom him for another shot down the road.

As a side benefit, Washington gets to keep his higher paycheck.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It keeps him from getting fired. Plus it allows Rivera to cover for him and try to groom him for another shot down the road.

As a side benefit, Washington gets to keep his higher paycheck.

Well yes, I get the point from a "friend" and paycheck wise. My question I suppose could be easily answered by there is no point other than Ron's remarkable loyalty to people who are just not good coaches. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

If he's not making calls, it's in name only.

He still keeps his title, but Ron covers for him by doing his homework.

Basically the Shula to New York situation.

1 minute ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Well yes, I get the point from a "friend" and paycheck wise. My question I suppose could be easily answered by there is no point other than Ron's remarkable loyalty to people who are just not good coaches. 

Said it earlier: I don't necessarily think the primary motive behind this move was to benefit the team. Darin Gannt actually confirmed yesterday on WFNZ that one of the big reasons for Rivera taking over the defense is to protect Eric Washington.

Now with that said, Washington going back to defensive line duties could very well be beneficial for the team. I'm less confident though in Rivera taking on extra duties when his gameday coaching skills have already been questionable.

8 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I can't believe you have convinced yourself of this. You're either very gullible,  or dumb as poo 

And you're a dumbass for continuing to defend this sorry coaching staff and management after what we've seen the past 8 years. Typical people like you who can't think for themselves is why this franchise doesn't make changes. Because they know they can dupe idiots like you every year into thinking it will "change". It gets old after 20 years. We want results now, no more status quo.

• Pie 1