Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jesse

Julius Peppers Announces Retirement

I remember being slammed on the old Charlotte Observer board for wanting Peppers over Ryan Sims.  They had a picture of him shooting someone the bird at a party and were like "look, he has character issues".  I'm glad the Panthers took that flyer on him though and am thankful I got to support him as a fan.  Good luck Pep!!!

One of the greatest athletes to ever play the game. Mixture of size, speed and strength that may never be matched. 

Gonna miss you Pep

9 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

I remember being slammed on the old Charlotte Observer board for wanting Peppers over Ryan Sims.  They had a picture of him shooting someone the bird at a party and were like "look, he has character issues".  I'm glad the Panthers took that flyer on him though and am thankful I got to support him as a fan.  Good luck Pep!!!

I thought the discussion was more Peppers or Harrington, but maybe people felt like we set with Wienke and Peete.

That video left me in tears.  Thank you Pep, for everything.  Wishing you the very best in your life going forward.

8 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I thought the discussion was more Peppers or Harrington, but maybe people felt like we set with Wienke and Peete.

it was never harrington, and we understand why now with Fox. 

If Peppers was off the board, they were going to take Quentin Jammer.

lol @ trashing a guy that is going to go into the HOF. 

"Never lived up to his potential" just LOL. Some people are just clowns.

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Very mixed emotions here. 

Sad to see him go, but It was time, unfortunately.  He got out on his own terms (we hope), with his health, sanity, and his dignity.  Not many players can manage that even in half the time.

He'll always be wearing a Panthers' jersey in my mind.

He always looked best in a Panthers jersey too....glad his career came back full circle.

Loved pep since his UNC days.. glad u came back to retire with your team man have a amazing retirement and thanks for everything!!

I had my son at a game this year and I was pointing out to him how big Peppers was compared to everybody else.  It’s hard to get the true comparison on TV on just how athletic he was for a man that size.  Loved watching him play!  

Truly one of the best of all times. I hope my son remembers that moment. 

Glad he went out A Panther on his own terms and healthy