Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Morgan

Cam talks about his surgery (video)

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It all sounds good. Hope it works out for him this season. The Panthers still need a serious contingency if it doesn't.

Disclaimer: I am NOT wishing harm on Cam with this post.

That serious contingency may be losing a bunch of games and drafting Cam's replacement in 2020, which would suck for 2019, but you'd undoubtedly have a new FO, new HC, new QB in 2020, which would be exciting in its own right. 

It would seriously suck if Cam's shoulder is never the same and the panthers have to move on from him, but don't know that there's another plan that makes sense. There are several veteran QBs out there that could win a game or two if Cam is out for 2-3 games, but nobody out there that could take you deep into the playoffs. 

Anyone else notice he. The first time he stopped his countdown he has gone past 89, then we he started back up he started at 89. Hidden meanings, 89 coming out of retirement!

The cartilage that was in the way was cleaned up so he should have full range in his shoulder.  Damaged cartilage in the glenohumeral joint decreases range of motion and you cannot throw a ball, shoot basketball, lift, etc. when that cartilage is damaged and reducing space in between your AC joint.

I had this surgery as my cartilage was worn out due to playing sports - baseball, basketball, football, tennis etc. and let me tell you, it's nice to get your range of motion back and not have to worry about your shoulder aching if you lift your arm beyond shoulder level or if you want to throw a football with your son in the backyard.

If they said something was up with Cam's labrum I would be much more concerned.  To me it sounds like he just has arthritis....I mean he's thrown a football for most of his life, wear and tear is real. 

9 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I really hope this fixes it and he's back to launching it 70 yards.  

And not to be a negative nancy, but the doctor didn't leave me feeling very confident...  He said "the cartilage damage wasn't as bad as we thought," but the reports were that they just cleaned out scar tissue and that was the only present issue with the shoulder.  Maybe I'm just not well-versed in that sort of injury, but as I said, I really hope whatever the issue, the arthroscopy got Cam back to 100%.  

That's my QB.

Actually the "reports" also indicated there was a bone spur issue present, and dealt with.

Did he mention bone spurs in the video? 

9 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

They are saying he has much better range of motion with the shoulder after this, so if it stays that way I think you'll see his arm back to what it was or close to it. 

An improved range of motion is generally the main goal for, and byproduct of, bone spur removal during surgery.

Were bone spurs mentioned in the video? 

1 hour ago, GeorgeHanson said:

An improved range of motion is generally the main goal for, and byproduct of, bone spur removal during surgery.

no just scar tissue and cartilage damage if I'm not mistaken

26 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

no just scar tissue and cartilage damage if I'm not mistaken

Yeah that's all I heard to....that said, I didn't make it through the whole video, too much fluff.

The first legitimate NFL source with any specifics was Charles Robinson and he said bone spurs were part of the situation....and @GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER swears Mr. Robinson is the real deal.

Either Mr. Robinson got it wrong, or Cam & Riverboat are evading the bone spur issue.

Jim Bob?

14 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

I couldn't throw the ball 30 yards and felt like defenses were exposing me.

Yea but his shoulder wasn't injured... 

I felt during the season this was the case.  Daring him to throw it deep.  Cover everything short and dare him.   Do it next year.  I DARE YOU.

I don't know how people hate this man so much.  He has a competitive fire I haven't seen since Michael Jordan.  Maybe it is slightly arrogant but to be an elite QB in the NFL you have to be arrogant.

I hope he brings a Lombardi to Charlotte.  

6 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

I think it's possible the bone spurs were mentioned because that's the type of thing that can be repaired with this procedure.

Based on what the doctor in the video tells Cam it's possible they didnt encounter them once they started . He says it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

11 hours ago, bandu said:

u think the Panthers can win without Cam?

i don't see it happening not in this league.

Yes, I think the offense can perform with another QB given the weapons they now have.

The defense though..... Whoooo buddy.

10 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

why is he cursing so much tho?  

He always has, just not for the Panthers media. This is his own thing so his own rules.

7 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Yeah that's all I heard to....that said, I didn't make it through the whole video, too much fluff.

The first legitimate NFL source with any specifics was Charles Robinson and he said bone spurs were part of the situation....and @GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER swears Mr. Robinson is the real deal.

Either Mr. Robinson got it wrong, or Cam & Riverboat are evading the bone spur issue.

Jim Bob?

you're so mad that the news is positive lmao