Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

NFL Combine Thread

Another potential factor here is that all these stud DL/edge guys may impact FA values. Why so huge money on a FA when you have a good shot at landing a stud in the draft? I could see a guy like Preston Smith being available for a relative bargain.

Banogu and Winovich look like decent options at 47 or later if we can’t get DE at 16.

Allen will be dropping like a stone. Doesn’t look fluid at all. 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Banogu and Winovich look like decent options at 47 or later if we can’t get DE at 16.

I said after senior bowl week Zach Allen will fall to the 3rd

Banogu and Winovich wouldnt be bad as both are solid players.   But there is a Huge drop off between the Sweat/Burns bunch and them.  And id be highly disappointed if we passed on one of those group to settle for one of those 2nd round guys

Do not want the Florida guy. He has a checkered history of locker room issues and now put up a garbage effort. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Another potential factor here is that all these stud DL/edge guys may impact FA values. Why so huge money on a FA when you have a good shot at landing a stud in the draft? I could see a guy like Preston Smith being available for a relative bargain.

Hey, I like the optimism there. That’s part of the reason for the S value dropping and RB as well. There have been a lot of good draft options lately. Maybe this DL class does depress values. Detroit will be moving on from Ansah if they take Sweat.

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

I said after senior bowl week Zach Allen will fall to the 3rd

Me too. I watched that as well and he was awful as a pass rusher. Maybe a 3-4 DE, but a 4-3 DE is not his role. He can’t rush the passer from the edge. 

1 minute ago, bobcat91 said:

Do not want the Florida guy. He has a checkered history of locker room issues and now put up a garbage effort. 

Yeah, saw something about a hamstring issue so he’s done for today. 

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Talk about fluid.  One guy that has impressed me is Anthony Nelson. How the fug are you that smooth at 6’7”????

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The difference is that last year's WR class was considered weak. Everyone knew this year's DL/edge class was strong, but holy poo... some of these numbers are ridiculous. 

I really hope one of the elites are there at #16 but I doubt it. Very well might be at #9, but was under the bridge and all that.

No doubt, but I don’t think anyone thought Ridley or Moore would both be available when we picked, which made it a somewhat difficult choice . Somebody has to fall to 16, at least I’m praying that happens, regardless hoping we don’t bank on a de falling into our laps at 16 anyway 

Sweat does look a little stiff. Got the speed no doubt but Gary looked much smoother. I’d take Gary over him. 

Just now, stbugs said:

Sweat does look a little stiff. Got the speed no doubt but Gary looked much smoother. I’d take Gary over him. 

Gary will be gone top 5.

Just now, stbugs said:

At 16 I dont think we have to worry about either one. If Ferell is gone, I'm not opposed to trading back.