Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

NFL Combine Thread

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm trying to get over it, but if there was ever a year to avoid winning a completely meaningless week 17 game to cost ourselves seven spots in every round, this was it.

Me too and unfortunately I doubt Ron and Marty ran the numbers like I did. It wasn’t just a spot or two, it was a we need to finish 6-10 because we can pass those teams but we’ll fall behind every 7-9 team. It really was an unlucky scenario. Then again, getting the 16th pick (gets better every round too, up to 13th in 4th) after being 6-2 seems like a win since we weren’t good enough to win it all.

It sucks not having the 8th or 9th pick since we were so close. Also, after seeing what we got from Poe and Cockrell, it sucks to know we might have had 3 3rds and two 6ths and that we gave Atlanta a 4th.

Here’s to us nailing the draft and not just three spots, let’s nail all the top 116 picks we have. There’s a good amount of talent so we got 5 almost top 100 picks. Make it rain and hopefully the DLs in the draft cause people to not spend on FAs.

6 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Would love to trade back a little bit in the first and see if we could get 3 picks. in the top 50.  This draft is gonna be fun to watch.  

I’d only trade back if our guys are gone. We “could” get a special player at 16. Hopefully, we do. 

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I’d only trade back if our guys are gone. We “could” get a special player at 16. Hopefully, we do. 

There is definitely a line where we should try and trade back. Wonder what Chicky would give us 24 and 27 for 16 and 77? Use one and use the other to drop to top of 2nd for an extra 2 or 3. 

I still want to take Simmons and that trade would make that a possibility. Crazy talk...lol

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

There is definitely a line where we should try and trade back. Wonder what Chicky would give us 24 and 27 for 16 and 77? Use one and use the other to drop to top of 2nd for an extra 2 or 3. 

I still want to take Simmons and that trade would make that a possibility. Crazy talk...lol

Based on what we saw today, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Simmons available at 47. Do you take him there? We are kind of a win now mode but getting two top 15 guys might be worth the wait. 

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Based on what we saw today, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Simmons available at 47. Do you take him there? We are kind of a win now mode but getting two top 15 guys might be worth the wait. 

I run to the podium. With a gun. Last Boy Scout-style. I wouldn’t care if we already picked Wilkins. If a team offered you a 2020 1st, with a top 15 player attached, for 47, you would absolutely take it. Any GM that doesn’t isn’t doing what’s best for the organization. Which is the problem with “win or else” ultimatums. 

This is how you take care of an expensive position for a couple of years and get rid of the 18M contract. 

This Draft is setting up to be 1 of the most intriguing drafts in quite some time. Yes, absolutely sucks we won that meaningless week 17 game. That said we are in a decent position to come out of this Draft with as good of a Draft as we could hope for. Don't screw this up Marty!

5 minutes ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

Just saw some numbers including the cone with Clelin Ferrell. Didn’t run the 40. He’s disappointed me a bit I thought he would test better.

Good. It was probably the only shot we had at him. Ferrell, Sweat, and Wilkins were the three guys I didn't need to see anything from. Unfortunately Sweat showed out.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Good. It was probably the only shot we had at him. Ferrell, Sweat, and Wilkins were the three guys I didn't need to see anything from. Unfortunately Sweat showed out.

agree, all are great football players. 

Winovich is becoming more and more intriguing as a 2nd round prospect. Look at his numbers compared to his hyped up teammate Gary. I can see him work well since we need a guy who can cover and get his hands in the dirt if we don’t go pass rush in the first round.

5 minutes ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

Winovich is becoming more and more intriguing as a 2nd round prospect. Look at his numbers compared to his hyped up teammate Gary. I can see him work well since we need a guy who can cover and get his hands in the dirt if we don’t go pass rush in the first round.

I want that dude.  I could handle watching his motor on Sundays. 

Well our needs line up with the strengths of this draft. There is no reason to not come out of it with 2 starters and 2 more who could quickly work their way into the starting line up during the year. I have my fingers crossed that Hurney has really turned the corner after last years draft.

18 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Well our needs line up with the strengths of this draft. There is no reason to not come out of it with 2 starters and 2 more who could quickly work their way into the starting line up during the year. I have my fingers crossed that Hurney has really turned the corner after last years draft.

OL, DL, LB....if the DB's perform well tomorrow, we could really be able to fill some needs. 

Cominsky is a freak. I’d take chance around our comp pick. Haven’t seen much and it’s hard to judge with level of competition.