Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micnificent28

Sweat just ran out of our reach 4.42 defensive end.

Haha, winning that crappy last game of the year is beginning to bite us in the @$$.

We won’t have a chance to pick him because we’d rather win a meaningless week 17 game instead 

1 hour ago, Yaboychris28 said:

We won’t have a chance to pick him because we’d rather win a meaningless week 17 game instead 

Yeah, we should have forced our 3rd string players to not try in their only chance to play. 

According to the huddle we will get the same DE at 16 as we would 9 no need to worry guys...

remember we won vs the saints 3rd stringers, feels great doesn’t it?

I probably blame the Saints more for losing than us winning that last game.  I do find it funny how the Falcons pick ahead of us when they beat us both times.  It always seems like we never win those types of tie breakers.

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

You mean brought him up in a GROUP of 5 players(not ranked) just saying they would all be picked. Who’s the DE we HAVE to draft? That’s what you jumped in here for and have spent the rest of the thread arguing with air about you Luvee. 

How many picks should we give up for Gary? 1,2 and both 3s? 

Again you strictly target Gary just because you know I like him. I never said anything about Gary and keep saying how many picks should we give up for Gary and I never said Gary I said the guy we love. The Gary train is gone.. he’s going top 5-6 and I don’t think we can move that high. Sweat could go 9-10 and that is possible. 

3 hours ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

Athleticism and being the best high school recruit can also clout judgement and does not always translate well when there is no production to back it. Steve PFF doesn’t like Gary either.

That’s his opinion Gary which I don’t agree with but, I do agree with his method of scouting about not using sacks to judge a prospect. The reason he doesn’t move Gary is about his sack total I suppose. But many others do and most important the ones more likely making decisions.

3 hours ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

Athleticism and being the best high school recruit can also clout judgement and does not always translate well when there is no production to back it. Steve PFF doesn’t like Gary either.

Also athleticism is a good measure of potential of what a player could be.  Being a blue collar I try hard doesn’t mean anything if you just aren’t that good of a athlete vs the guys your up against.  No one is saying being a top recruit in high school is saying your a star in the making but those kids have been judged and graded in a process similar to now.

i don’t think u discount all that work that went into judging there ability from grade school to senior year. 5 a 5-star or whatever does help quickly identify ablity. Probably the only thing that guy your backup quarterback a look at the job he has right now because he was the top qb in his class.

15 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Also athleticism is a good measure of potential of what a player could be.  Being a blue collar I try hard doesn’t mean anything if you just aren’t that good of a athlete vs the guys your up against.  No one is saying being a top recruit in high school is saying your a star in the making but those kids have been judged and graded in a process similar to now.

i don’t think u discount all that work that went into judging there ability from grade school to senior year. 5 a 5-star or whatever does help quickly identify ablity. Probably the only thing that guy your backup quarterback a look at the job he has right now because he was the top qb in his class.

What they did in high school is meaningless to the draft.

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

What they did in high school is meaningless to the draft.

I don’t know why you think that. When a analysis or scout talks about Elite athletes like Gary or so on they love to bring up he was a 5-star too recruit coming out of high school and then go into there presentation. It’s like a recommendation from your former employer.

Still think its possible he falls

It is a deep class

19 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Still think its possible he falls

It is a deep class

It is possible... But do you think it's likely?

More productive in college than Gary

Raiders at 4 or if they trade back in the top 10