Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Eazy-E

Favorite draft prospect

Either Coby or Hachimura for me if the Hornets pick in the expected range (12-16).  Give me a dream scenario of Coby, some desperate sign and trade to send Kemba to the Lakers for Ingram once LBJ panics, and get the rebuild truly underway. 

Id love to see a 

PG: Kemba

SG: Coby

SF: Bridges

With Monk coming off the bench as the 6th man scorer like Eric Gordon is with the Rockets 

Trying not to be a homer but id really take a real hard look a Cam Johnson in the 2nd.

How this dude isnt getting more love by NBA people confuses the heck out of me (reminds me of Danny Green coming out how underrated)  He is leading the whole ACC in offensive efficiency.  He is listed at 6'9 and playing the 3, but I think he is closer to 6'10.  He towers over other guys listed 6'8 (kinda reminds me when Texas listed Durant at 6'10). Dude would make one hell-of-a option as a stretch 4.

Dude is 

Putting right up at 17 points 6 reb playing less than 30 min a game.  He's shooting 47% from 3 and 51% from the field

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Trying not to be a homer but id really take a real hard look a Cam Johnson in the 2nd.

I don't get it either.  Feel like he's going to sneak into the late 1st or be really early 2nd.  The Danny comp even makes me think a smart team like the Spurs would grab him, and make the rest of the league look foolish for passing on him. 

His age, injury history, and lack of perceived athleticism maybe hurting him?  Would be a 2nd round steal

Cam Johnson is going to be a stud, if he's there in the second round when we pick I would sprint to the podium

Coby is a baller. If he stays at UNC one more year he'll be a top five pick. If we can nab him, get him now. 

Otherwise I love the dude from UVA

17 minutes ago, Thelt said:

Shooting was not my point.  White is a smallish two guard similar to Monk.  He has not been as good in college as Monk was.  Langford at least has some size.  Sometimes shooting will come around being short and soft is not fixable.

Monk is 6'3

White is the exact same size as Jeremey Lamb at 6'5

Wasnt as good in college?

Monk was shooting 39.7% from deep.

White is shooting 37.9% from deep.

Monk played 32 minutes per game at 19.8 ppg, 2.5 rbg, 2.3 apg, and .9 spg

White 27 minutes per game, playing the PG.  16.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 4.1 apg, 1 spg

This while White playing far better competition.

Monk Still doesnt have the handles and passing abilities as Coby even in his 2nd NBA season.

Coby is bigger and more athletic can play the 1 or 2.

Monk is smaller and less athletic, and cant play the 1 due to his lack of handles and passing.   And is really too small to guard other NBA SGs.

Edited by ncfan

27 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Monk is 6'3

White is the exact same size as Jeremey Lamb at 6'5

Wasnt as good in college?

Monk was shooting 39.7% from deep.

White is shooting 37.9% from deep.

Monk played 32 minutes per game at 19.8 ppg, 2.5 rbg, 2.3 apg, and .9 spg

White 27 minutes per game, playing the PG.  16.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 4.1 apg, 1 spg

This while White playing far better competition.

Monk Still doesnt have the handles and passing abilities as Coby even in his 2nd NBA season.

Coby is bigger and more athletic can play the 1 or 2.

Monk is smaller and less athletic, and cant play the 1 due to his lack of handles and passing.   And is really too small to guard other NBA SGs.

i hope the nba scouts will see White as mediocre at best...not ready yet and needs to stay at Carolina for at least two more years

3 minutes ago, Thelt said:

White is only 185 pounds.  It will take him a good while to be strong enough to compete in the NBA, if he ever does.  We need a strong athletic guy with good size to play next to Kemba.  If we get a lottery pick I do not want to see us spend it on a guy who can't play with Kemba, unless Kemba is gone.  One of Monk's biggest issues is that he can't play beside Kemba.  That is one reason he does not get many minutes.

Jeremy Lamb- This Season.  6'5 185

Coby White- This Season 6'5 185

He is litterally the same size as our current starting SG and he's only 19 so he will fill out.  Plus with his experience at PG has better handles and passing than any SG we've had here. 

Your really reaching for excuses here

2 hours ago, Thelt said:

Lamb is not ideal next to Kemba either.  His defense has been nothing special, sometimes weak.  I think some of you are reaching so you can draft a tarheel.

So youd rather have a good who cant shoot as well, handle as well, pass as well, and defend as well......just because he's 20 pounds heavier?

Gtfo....thats how MKG picks happen

3 minutes ago, Thelt said:

If MKG had a league average jump shot he would be a star.

IF I was 6'7 and could jump through the roof Id be in the NBA

I like the idea of Coby and other local carolina players in the local pro team
the carolinas natives  zion and morant are having the buzz this draft

bit late now but it would have been interesting backcourt solution to have kept Shai and drafted his cousin Nickeil
here is some video of Nickeil, he is playing good comp in the ACC
his form looks good, mature all round game both sides of ball. 
size Shai 6'6'' , Nickeil 6'5''

On 3/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, Thelt said:

I was happy to see us draft SGA.  I like Miles too but we might would have been better off to have kept SGA.  Losing Kemba would not sting as much if SGA were waiting in the wings.  We would not have needed Parker with SGA. 

yes unfortunately we see it so clear in hindsight, sigh our hornets could have should have. 
oh well, lets see our luck this year draft