Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uncfan888

Panthers released Matt kalil

Recommended Posts

I don't really care whether or not JR told Gettleman to spend. At the end of the day, the decision was made to spend on Matt Kalil and that turned out to be a really bad call. I sure wish we had thrown that offer at Whitworth instead. I'm sure Kalil's younger age was a big factor, but Whitworth has been playing at a high level for the Rams and he's suiting up again next year while we absorb a big dead cap hit to jettison Kalil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


he9WLR2z_bigger.jpgBill VothVerified account @PanthersBill
FollowFollow @PanthersBill
More

Know there have been lots of questions about who and where (LT or RT) over the past 24 hours. Would imagine there will be more candidates than just Moton and D.Williams by the time camp rolls around - so expect it to be fluid for a while. #canneverhavetoomanyOTs

1:22 PM - 14 Mar 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't really care whether or not JR told Gettleman to spend. At the end of the day, the decision was made to spend on Matt Kalil and that turned out to be a really bad call. I sure wish we had thrown that offer at Whitworth instead. I'm sure Kalil's younger age was a big factor, but Whitworth has been playing at a high level for the Rams and he's suiting up again next year while we absorb a big dead cap hit to jettison Kalil.

Agreed, and that's actually the same thing I've said about Hurney. You can blame Richardson for the initiative, but not the execution.

Either way, one of the few things I think you can probably get a majority agreement on around here, it's good that Jerry Richardson is gone.

There are one or two outliers who will argue that point, but I think the vast majority of us can concur on at least that one thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Agreed, and that's actually the same thing I've said about Hurney. You can blame Richardson for the initiative, but not the execution.

Either way, one of the few things I think you can probably get a majority agreement on around here, it's good that Jerry Richardson is gone.

There are one or two outliers who will argue that point, but I think the vast majority of us can concur on at least that one thing.

The one consistency through all the years of no consecutive winning seasons was JR's ownership. It was time for a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The one consistency through all the years of no consecutive winning seasons was JR's ownership. It was time for a change.

No doubt.

Tepper is still in the evaluation stage though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...