Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

have always said, the debates would be the scariest part for a Biden nom.  His odds could easily end there.  Debates are bad matchup for him w/ Trump. 

But like I said, Trump isn't going to do traditional debates this time.  He has already put it out there in the standard Trump manner.  He telegraphs everything like that ahead of time.    He will protest the debates as rigged/Fake News.  Advise he will only do one that he control.   Which means dictate the narrative of what he gets asked.  Trump nor his Admin can stand up to questioning.  They have no answers that can stand on their own.   Which is why there are no press briefings at the WH, State Dept, DoD.  America has gone dark from an accountability standpoint. 

I think he's had some issues with the bigger stage of debates but I think he's pretty good in a smaller 1 vs 1 setting.

2 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I think he's had some issues with the bigger stage of debates but I think he's pretty good in a smaller 1 vs 1 setting.

Biden was able to own Paul Ryan back in 2012 but that was 8 years ago and Paul Ryan is well...Paul Ryan.

Just now, Fryfan said:

Back on the subject of people who actually may win the primary - Iowa is tight as fug right now...I really hope Bloomberg drags Biden down.

image.png.91442f8c6ddb6ac776d0c4d16f29c1a1.png

Bloomberg actually seems pretty easy to get rid of when they want to get rid of him. 

I mean just spam social media with Bloomberg endorsing Dubya on stage at the RNC. 

3 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

more about specifically how he matches up w/ Trump.  I think vs a standard politician Biden is good enough. Outside of some gaffes that people basically just accept. 

Biden already has proven he takes the Trump bait and can't resist it.   When you take the bait, Trump has already won it.   

but like I said, that ain't happening unless whoever agrees to go to Sean Hannity's show and debate there.  

18 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

yeah do it let's talk about your record barack

they are just goading him into actually making one. it's a cry for help

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

pretty shortsighted then. it would either be rejected by the party or would destroy the party

7 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

that is a Fox News account

but Obama has already addressed many aspects of the far left crowd in recent times.   This tweet basically is rehashing something Obama has already done, said and is well known.   I mean he just did all that a couple months ago.   And it wasn't at all like the Fox News account is alluding to. 

But gotta get them clicky clicks...and there goes the right trying to get the left on left stuff going. 

This is Warren and a few others albatross.  This argument isn’t limited to choices/life decisions on college tuitions.

Father: My daughter’s getting out of school. I’ve saved all my money, she doesn’t have any student loans.

Warren: [inaudible but the tone sounds supportive]

Father: Am I going to get my money back?

Warren: Of course not.

Father: So you’re going to pay for people who didn’t save any money and those of us who did the right thing get screwed?

Warren: [inaudible-shaking her head no]

Father: Of course we did. My buddy had fun, bought a car. He went on vacations. I saved my money. He made more than I did. I worked a double-shift, worked for extra money. [unclear but sounds like ‘Did all this work since she’s ten’ or possibly ‘Daughter’s worked since she’s ten.’] So you’re laughing.

Warren: I’m not laughing.

Father: Yeah, that’s exactly what you’re doing. We did the right thing and we get screwed.

6 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

This is Warren and a few others albatross.  This argument isn’t limited to choices/life decisions on college tuitions.

Father: My daughter’s getting out of school. I’ve saved all my money, she doesn’t have any student loans.

Father: So you’re going to pay for people who didn’t save any money and those of us who did the right thing get screwed?

Father: Of course we did. My buddy had fun, bought a car. He went on vacations. I saved my money. He made more than I did. I worked a double-shift, worked for extra money. [unclear but sounds like ‘Did all this work since she’s ten’ or possibly ‘Daughter’s worked since she’s ten.’] So you’re laughing.

Father: Yeah, that’s exactly what you’re doing. We did the right thing and we get screwed.

I've seen legal immigrants make the same case regarding illegal immigrants.

4 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I've seen legal immigrants make the same case regarding illegal immigrants.

And they are justified in saying it.  Didn't they know they could just plan to travel to the US 9 months into their pregnancy, or sneak in and then claim asylum.  

25 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

The wiping out ALL student debt is the far left version of "build the wall".  Largely rhetoric.  Literally isn't going to happen as pitched because it makes no sense.    They know what they pitch realistically won't and shouldn't happen. 

Another example is the college student that worked all through college to limit the debt....then lived at home after college and put everything toward getting out of debt first and foremost.    VS.  The student who went to a fancy private school and got a degree in History for 5 years and has essentially paid nothing on the student debt but interest. 

Bernie and Warren cutting that kid a check who lived at home and paid of the debt ASAP? Fug no.  The ultimate middle finger to those that worked hard and sacrificed.   Who essentially are significantly poorer now compared to the other example w/ the history degree. 

Makes no sense. 

Help? Yes.  Those burdened with this BS debt should get help.  We also need tackle the cost going forward.  Some higher education should be free.  Especially some of the publicly funded schools. 

but wiping all the debt out? Makes no sense and that is why no one gets into the details.  Not Warren. Not Bernie. Not their followers. 

16 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

46F07C5E-1764-47C5-9C84-92170087279A.thumb.jpeg.9d7ba2eee991e7a38a3901208a5215e6.jpeg

Problem with this analogy is the insinuation people were forced to be tied to the tracks.  All the information was provided to them and they voluntarily lied down and made a choice.  Living with the wish someone's going to bail you out is not a sound long term plan I don't care what we're talking about.  

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

but wiping all the debt out? Makes no sense and that is why no one gets into the details.  Not Warren. Not Bernie. Not their followers. 

everyone has gotten into the details. you’re just too stupid to comprehend it. the president has the legal authority to forgive student loans. it could and would be essentially a day one move for sanders.

As Meagan Day points out, the Higher Education Act in 1965 gives the secretary of education the power to write off federally owned student debt unilaterally, under the “compromise and settlement” provision. Doing so would wipe out an enormous financial burden on the working and middle classes overnight. The Department of Education could also purchase the roughly $64 billion in privately held student debt, then use the same authority to write it off.

One objection to this idea will be to ask if the government really can afford to forego $1.5 trillion or more in funds that writing off the debt would involve. In short, it can.

$1.5 trillion is the total amount that debtors owe the government, and only a small fraction of that is collected each year. But the federal government takes in $1.6 trillion every year just from personal income taxes. In fact, in 2017, the government had an annual revenue of roughly $3.3 trillion, 92 percent of which derived from income and payroll taxes. The remaining 8 percent includes all other forms of revenue, not just revenue from student loans.

do us all a favor and shut the fug up cra

Edited by GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 3