Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wes21 said:

I realize $125k seems like alot of money to people making low wages, but its really not as much in practice once you see what the taxes are like at that level.

How much wealth does that person have?  I could take equity from my house to the bank today and pay off my college loans - the interest rates are against that with those two items but the debt does not provide a hurdle to someone like me from a overall asset calculation.  People without property and stock assets (outside 401ks) should not be placed in a similar income pool as those with those assets.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


22 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

How much wealth does that person have?  I could take equity from my house to the bank today and pay off my college loans - the interest rates are against that with those two items but the debt does not provide a hurdle to someone like me from a overall asset calculation.  People without property and stock assets (outside 401ks) should not be placed in a similar income pool as those with those assets.

 

What does anything you said have to do with what I posted that you are responding to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have we talked joe Rogan going Bernie yet? Thoughts? Some are blasting him for previously having Milo and other conservative ass holes on his show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

What does anything you said have to do with what I posted that you are responding to?

It absolutely does.  $125k may be closer to a living wage for a family of four in a high living price area - I get that.  Assets can make the difference between handling debt burden and not.

 

And were you really whining about progressive taxes.  My tax on my 45K of say making 125K total should be taxed at the same rate as someone making 45k total  which it IS that is the nature of our tax structure.  

My tax on dollars above that 45K should move up progressively.  Our tax system is weighted way to much for the higher end with the steps ups being too few and too small.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Fryfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Have we talked joe Rogan going Bernie yet? Thoughts? Some are blasting him for previously having Milo and other conservative ass holes on his show.

cnn invited a nazi on and was permitted to host a presidential debate. nyt still employs bret stephens but i don't recall any handwringing over their endorsement of the two losers who have no shot at the presidency.

oh and biden, warren and mayo pete all asked to go on rogan's show and he told them to fug off lol. the "backlash" is largely manufactured by people desperate to derail bernie's campaign

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBlue said:

Your issue literally comes down to your ignorant thinking that Bernie’s policy of wiping out all student loan debt is akin to trump saying he is going to build the wall.

one is an actual economic stimulus to the middle class. The other was a racist’s fantasy. 

one can be accomplished virtually instantly when Bernie assumes office. The other is never going to happen the way it was promised. 
 

All your other bullshit is typical centrist concern trolling. We all see through your bullshit. Just stop

nope. 

you have yet to give me a good reason why we are going to wipe away all the debt of higher earners.....and why we are going to wipe away all the debt that exists for education paths that Bernie has zero intention of even altering after he wipes it away. 

You don't need a  magic wand eliminating all student loan debt in order to provide an economic stimulus to the middle class.  

it is akin to Trump as it is overly broad bullshit with the intention of gaining as many votes as possible....with Bernie knowing full and well what he would do what be different than the creation the Bernie Bros have in their heads.  Just like the wall. 

The bullshit Bernie line...where all leftist policies are declared “centrist” and only Bernie is the left LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Have we talked joe Rogan going Bernie yet? Thoughts? Some are blasting him for previously having Milo and other conservative ass holes on his show.

I think nobody's posted about it despite it being all over twitter because no one in the tinderbox is gonna say it's bad

We're all in an unspoken agreement- it's a bullshit narrative

Edited by SZ James (banned)
  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

your choice in the primary: vote bernie or vote trump

Hardcore Bernie Bros are just as content with Trump in reality.  They just prefer Bernie. 

Not a great sales job

  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

It absolutely does.  $125k may be closer to a living wage for a family of four in a high living price area - I get that.  Assets can make the difference between handling debt burden and not.

 

And were you really whining about progressive taxes.  My tax on my 45K of say making 125K total should be taxed at the same rate as someone making 45k total  which it IS that is the nature of our tax structure.  

My tax on dollars above that 45K should move up progressively.  Our tax system is weighted way to much for the higher end with the steps ups being too few and too small.

 

 

 

 

At this point you are just babbling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Hardcore Bernie Bros are just as content with Trump in reality.  They just prefer Bernie. 

Not a great sales job

I think Bernie brings some people to the table that wouldn't be there if it weren't for Bernie.  My brother and his girlfriend fall into that category.  If Bernie is there, they will go vote for him.  If he's not, they aren't even going to bother to vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

It absolutely does.  $125k may be closer to a living wage for a family of four in a high living price area - I get that.  Assets can make the difference between handling debt burden and not.

 

And were you really whining about progressive taxes.  My tax on my 45K of say making 125K total should be taxed at the same rate as someone making 45k total  which it IS that is the nature of our tax structure.  

My tax on dollars above that 45K should move up progressively.  Our tax system is weighted way to much for the higher end with the steps ups being too few and too small.

 

 

 

 

Thought you dims wanted everything to be equal

all should pay the same % of tax

FYI...20% on $125k is more than 20% on $45k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cary Kollins said:

Have we talked joe Rogan going Bernie yet? Thoughts? Some are blasting him for previously having Milo and other conservative ass holes on his show.

Rogan is just a weird endorsement for many reasons. 

Rogan really makes home somewhere in the middle overall.  So to a large degree he represents the type folks Bernie Bros generally dislike.  Lot on the left flat out hate him 

Bernie probably is the most sincere dude running on the left.  So I agree with that.   But I’m pretty sure Rogan has also made it known he fully believes Trump wins in 2020. 

If I was a Team Bernie guy I wouldn’t be making that big of a deal of it...as you have to then eat the response if Joe bails let’s it known he is voting 3rd party

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...