Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

jokerfied rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

8 minutes ago, rodeo said:

lmao gotta love steven crowder going with the interracial couple as his example of bad people. not surprised to see brooklyn post neonazi memes

Got it off Google Image Search. No idea who Steven Crowder even is. I do like how you say everyone is a nazi though. Are you a time traveler? Sent here from 1941 Berlin?

woah face wow GIF

• Beer 1

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Got it off Google Image Search. No idea who Steven Crowder even is.

sure

30 minutes ago, rodeo said:

how about your co-pay and premiums and prescriptions?

My current employer’s premiums are $14k per year.  I pay nothing.  I’m not concerned about the “I pay nothing” part because I will gladly pay $300/month for the greater good.  I just feel like that’s not a reality, and I will have to pay much, much more.

21 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

It's unsubsidized Blue Home something or other.

I'm not following on your second point.  I'm saying you could jack the federal taxes of me, a little person with a normal boring job making less than $100k, up $3600 per year and I wouldn't give a fug because I'm already paying that out anyway for something inferior to Medicare.  I imagine wealthier people would be taxed more unless Sanders' proposal is an extremely regressive flat tax. 

My second point is why I have such a hard time reconciling numbers when people talk about M4A.  I’ve got no problem thinking that costs will go down.  So don’t misread that.  Its just the amount that it would have to go down that I’m having a tough time with.  Due to my position I have known what my employer pays for my health insurance since 2007.  Back then it was a hair under $10k per year.  Today its around $14k per year.  Its hard for me to believe, all else being equal, that suddenly my healthcare will go from $14k a year down to $4k a year.

And once again, it doesn’t have to go down that far to sell me on the idea.  Right now the costs for my healthcare never reverse, they always go up.  So let’s say someone puts together a plan that takes the cost for me from $14k down to $10k.  I would consider that a HUGE win.  But, who pays the extra $6k per year above what the numbers are telling me I’d have to pay?  It seems like its either going to be me, or my boss in his income.  

20 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

There isn't a single Sanders supporter on this site who doesn't understand that single payer costs something and will be paid for with tax hikes.  Jesus Christ.

Everybody says that.  But I believe many of them don’t make enough money to be concerned.  Others pay some income taxes, but don’t really understand what its like for Uncle Sam to lay the hammer and NOT give that poo back at the end of the year.  Then you may have some higher wage people who are using the numbers I’ve seen in this thread.  Sorry, I don’t think they are realistic.  So they are fooling themselves.  M4A removes employers from having to provide expensive private health insurance, and I’m not seeing where that revenue is being replaced adequately.

18 minutes ago, rodeo said:

lmao gotta love steven crowder going with the interracial couple as his example of bad people. not surprised to see brooklyn post neonazi memes

the right truly cannot meme. 

21 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Who said they were a couple?

13 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

While denying coverage is part of the equation, the insurance companies don’t really make their big money on denying coverage.  They make more money on paying for expensive healthcare.  A $300 Tylenol?  That’s a good thing for the insurance companies.  And that’s the real boogeyman.  We have a screwed up system where the service providers, pharmaceuticals and health insurance providers are ALL on the SAME side.  They ALL benefit from higher costs.  Then the PEOPLE are on the other side, thinking they have an insurance company on their side...not realizing they are standing alone.

43 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Whats worse

4 more years of Trump

Or

8 years of Bloomberg

bloomberg

2 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

While denying coverage is part of the equation, the insurance companies don’t really make their big money on denying coverage.  They make more money on paying for expensive healthcare.  A $300 Tylenol?  That’s a good thing for the insurance companies.  And that’s the real boogeyman.  We have a screwed up system where the service providers, pharmaceuticals and health insurance providers are ALL on the SAME side.  They ALL benefit from higher costs.  Then the PEOPLE are on the other side, thinking they have an insurance company on their side...not realizing they are standing alone.

m4a directly fixes this

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

need an admin to change your name to “GOOGLE RACIST MEMES”

Seems about right for this lot to do something like that. Don't cross the leftwing Tinderbox, man!

whats up yo GIF

What about a public option? Are we cool with that?  I mean the insults are mind boggling for those who pitched such...

Because that sounds like the new and improved...realistic Bernie plan?