Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

Official general NFL Draft Day 2 open thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, The Lobo said:

The roof had a leak but the rough shingles got replaced and will be good to go, this rough was top of the line, when in tact it’s what you’d call an MVP roof. I see what you are saying, but we could get a qb tomrw to be a quality backup. 

Who, and with what cap space?

One thing that's pretty clear: The Panthers are nowhere near as certain of Newton's health as you and some other fans are.

They don't know if it's good. They don't know if it's bad. Basically, they just don't know. And some of our resident insiders have confirmed but they're pretty nervous about that whole "not knowing" thing. Hence, they have to try and make plans to ensure that what happened last season doesn't happen again.

If you've been paying attention, it's been pretty obvious that the Panthers were going to get a backup quarterback this offseason, one way or the other. It was just a question of how it's going to happen. And this is the path they chose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who, and with what cap space?

One thing that's pretty clear: The Panthers are nowhere near as certain of Newton's health as you and some other fans are.

They don't know if it's good. They don't know if it's bad. Basically, they just don't know. And some of our resident insiders have confirmed but they're pretty nervous about that whole "not knowing" thing. Hence, they have to try and make plans to ensure that what happened last season doesn't happen again.

If you've been paying attention, it's been pretty obvious that the Panthers were going to get a backup quarterback this offseason, one way or the other. It was just a question of how it's going to happen. And this is the path they chose.

Theres no need to be condescending, of course I’ve been paying attention and I expected to draft a qb, just not in the third. I know his shoulder is a questionable injury and getting a backup should have been done a few years ago.  When I said we could get a qb tomrw I meant day three of the draft not FA. Filling needs in the draft is risky, but when we have no cap space it’s our only option. 

I just see other teams surround their QBs this draft with help (Ravens and Falcons) and cant figure out why we’re aren’t doing the same. Again, I like Grier, I think he will turn into a damn good player, just not a third. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Theres no need to be condescending, of course I’ve been paying attention and I expected to draft a qb, just not in the third. I know his shoulder is a questionable injury and getting a backup should have been done a few years ago.  When I said we could get a qb tomrw I meant day three of the draft not FA. Filling needs in the draft is risky, but when we have no cap space it’s our only option. 

I just see other teams surround their QBs this draft with help (Ravens and Falcons) and cant figure out why we’re aren’t doing the same. Again, I like Grier, I think he will turn into a damn good player, just not a third. 

Not being condescending and sorry if it sounded that way.

Regardless of what you think of Grier, the fact that the Panthers were willing to spend this pick on the backup QB spot can be interpreted as saying something about how nervous they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s like our answer today except with a different body part 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not being condescending and sorry if it sounded that way.

Regardless of what you think of Grier, the fact that the Panthers were willing to spend this pick on the backup QB spot can be interpreted as saying something about how nervous they are.

It’s all good, re reading it I took what you said the wrong way. 

Thats fair they were concerned and I completely understand your point of view. there’s no taking the pick back now, It’s just something il learn to accept and hope for the best. With all the holes on the roster and Hurneys uncanny ability to nail first round picks while completely destroying trade ups and 2-7 round picks, my first reaction was this is a bad pick..in the third. Like I said, it’s done and over with now, we can’t change it, just hope for the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a final comment on day two, the most entertaining moments of the day came from two former Colts. Reggie Wayne and Pat McAfee hilariously trolled Titan fans with their speeches.

This sort of thing has been happening annually since the league started moving the draft around. Drew Pearson's hysterically funny call put of Eagle fans was particularly good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Do you REALLY think a back-up, rookie QB would take a team with so many holes (because of things like DRAFTING A BACK-UP QB WITH A 3RD ROUND PICK) to a play-off spot?

Are you that fugging naive?

Oh darn, you are right, we should have drafted that safety that no one has actually drafted yet, because he's gonna make an immediate impact for sure... 

Give me a break and stop being naive yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

That's fine but go get Hooker

Hooker, Deonte Thompson, Johnson, or Marvell Tell will be there at #115 - don't get mad when Hurney drafts DT Renell Wren instead, simply better value 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      20,208
    • Most Online
      3,478

    Newest Member
    Richard
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      146,667
    • Total Posts
      4,822,456
  • Posts

    • Tony said on his podcast he believes it will be Rhule or McDaniels
    • I dont think its because its minutia, those topics are some of our most controversial and divisive topics.  Like it or not our fanbase is young and immature.  Everything is pretty much our first.  Some of us are more seasoned than others but, for the most part our fans are just exiting our 1st generation.  If we're allowed to grow as a fanbase for 50-100 years the fans will know what to expect.  We dont even really have a Hall of Fame yet.  (I know, I know Green/White). No Panther that has been with this franchise during his best seasons is in the Hall.  Its literally just a matter of time/experience.
    • I am not a football fan.  I am a Panthers fan.  That being said, I understand than much of the reason I have still cared about football this decade is because of Cam. Many sports I use to care about (NASCAR, NHL, NCAA FB) I no longer have any interest in. I never thought I would lose interest in them, but I eventually did. Should Cam leave this offseason I imagine whatever interest I have in NFL would be scarfed up by soccer the way it has devoured most other sports. I would like to say that I will still be a Panthers fan without Cam...but I am not willing to pay the little disposable income I make teaching to watch Kyle Allen again.  I would only watch the games broadcast locally, which would likely be the two Bucs games.  Should I go several seasons of watching only two games I imagine it would become like the aforementioned sports that I no longer watch. I would wish Cam well, but I doubt I follow him.  Outside of the occasional bet I imagine it would be the end of my watching football altogether.
  • Masters of PIE !

×
×
  • Create New...