Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Gettleman is getting absolutely destroyed by national media... STILL

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, TheRed said:

Look man. I like Brad Hoover, but he wasn't even in the same stratosphere as a player like Steve Smith. Who's gonna flip out over cutting a fullback? 

I'm not even gonna go down the comparing failures rabbit hole anymore. There are no draft picks or acquisitions from 2010 affecting the Panthers roster for 2019. It has no relevance.

Gettleman's name is still relevant here because Matt Kalil's dead cap hit around our neck and the failure of a number of his 1st and 2nd not so long ago draft picks are affecting our abilities to field an effective roster this season. I don't think that's unreasonable, it goes with the territory of being an executive.

I won't argue at all that Greg Olsen needs to make a long term decision this season, and be done with it once and for all. He's an intelligent charismatic guy, he has a number of quality options post football. But you can only delay the inevitable for so long.

hoover may not have played a glorious skill position, he may not have HOF stats, but he spent his entire career in charlotte and was always active in the local community as an athlete. he was so well liked to the point that whenever he got a handoff, the whole stadium would erupt by cheering hoov. they knew it was his time to shine.

and anyway he’s still a former player of ours. so as a career panther, is he not worthy of a respectful send off? i thought the point everybody was making was that we wanted players in general treated right, not just the huddle darlings.

and it’s funny how you point out the matt kalil contract as this huge hurdle that’s the only reason the team is 7-9, but gettleman spent most of his run dealing with dead money from all the contracts hurney drew up that were killing us... while the team was making the playoffs and blowing the cardinals out. even so, i don’t remember talking about marty hurney on a daily basis after 2012 like some ppl do about gettleman here. the cap situation was way worse in 2013-2015. we were like projected up to 15 mil over before any transactions were made in 2013. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, frash.exe said:

hoover may not have played a glorious skill position, he may not have HOF stats, but he spent his entire career in charlotte and was always active in the local community as an athlete. he was so well liked to the point that whenever he got a handoff, the whole stadium would erupt by cheering hoov. they knew it was his time to shine.

and anyway he’s still a former player of ours. so as a career panther, is he not worthy of a respectful send off? i thought the point everybody was making was that we wanted players in general treated right, not just the huddle darlings.

and it’s funny how you point out the matt kalil contract as this huge hurdle that’s the only reason the team is 7-9, but gettleman spent most of his run dealing with dead money from all the contracts hurney drew up that were killing us... while the team was making the playoffs and blowing the cardinals out. even so, i don’t remember talking about marty hurney on a daily basis after 2012 like some ppl do about gettleman here. the cap situation was way worse in 2013-2015. we were like projected up to 15 mil over before any transactions were made in 2013. 

In fairness, up until 2016 Gettleman was widely supported while Hurney was dinged for being so irresponsible with the team's future because going into every offseason from 2012 - 2016 we never seemed to have any cap space until those old Hurney contracts started coming off of the books.

Now, the people that didn't like Hurney as a person or the decisions that he made didn't go out of their way to create a new thread about him every month and then act as if those that held a different opinion were intellectually inferior and/or morally compromised based off some prior Tinderbox flame war. That's something exclusive to those that hate Gettleman and/or his decisions that try to pass it off as him being a bad GM. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Icege said:

In fairness, up until 2016 Gettleman was widely supported while Hurney was dinged for being so irresponsible with the team's future because going into every offseason from 2012 - 2016 we never seemed to have any cap space until those old Hurney contracts started coming off of the books.

Now, the people that didn't like Hurney as a person or the decisions that he made didn't go out of their way to create a new thread about him every month and then act as if those that held a different opinion were intellectually inferior and/or morally compromised based off some prior Tinderbox flame war. That's something exclusive to those that hate Gettleman and/or his decisions that try to pass it off as him being a bad GM. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only reason that didn't happen was because Hurney was not an active NFL GM. I am VERY sure that plenty of threads would have been created about his blunders had that indeed happened. There would be substantially fewer Gettleman threads had he been unemployed(which will likely be coming in the next 2-3 years) rather than with the Giants. 

I am pretty entertained by the arguments in general because the Gettleman and Hurney zealots both absolutely refuse to admit that neither of these guys is more than an average GM and likely below average. Or that both of them absolutely deserved to get fired. I just don't understand how these small groups simply refuse to see the obvious blunders and faults that both of these guys had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The only reason that didn't happen was because Hurney was not an active NFL GM. I am VERY sure that plenty of threads would have been created about his blunders had that indeed happened. There would be substantially fewer Gettleman threads had he been unemployed(which will likely be coming in the next 2-3 years) rather than with the Giants. 

I am pretty entertained by the arguments in general because the Gettleman and Hurney zealots both absolutely refuse to admit that neither of these guys is more than an average GM and likely below average. Or that both of them absolutely deserved to get fired. I just don't understand how these small groups simply refuse to see the obvious blunders and faults that both of these guys had.

Literally no one says Hurney didn't deserve to get fired lol. No one claims that Hurney is some amazing GM either..  just that me and some others believe he's a better GM than Gettleman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Literally no one says Hurney didn't deserve to get fired lol.

Lol....fair enough. I guess that is true. Even the most ardent of Hurney zealots can't say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The only reason that didn't happen was because Hurney was not an active NFL GM. I am VERY sure that plenty of threads would have been created about his blunders had that indeed happened. There would be substantially fewer Gettleman threads had he been unemployed(which will likely be coming in the next 2-3 years) rather than with the Giants. 

I am pretty entertained by the arguments in general because the Gettleman and Hurney zealots both absolutely refuse to admit that neither of these guys is more than an average GM and likely below average. Or that both of them absolutely deserved to get fired. I just don't understand how these small groups simply refuse to see the obvious blunders and faults that both of these guys had.

Very good point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Icege said:

Very good point

Yeah, there is basically a dart board to throw butthurt darts at, in this case. Plus, who would want an ex-GM(that was fired) to be successful at another team in the same conference. fug that.

I am pumped he is deconstructing the Giants and likely dooming them to years of being atrocious. fug the damn Giants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i’m rly not impressed by the argument that just bc he has a job means that everybody can just take unlimited shots every time the giants announce a draft pick or trade or free agent signing or <insert personnel transaction here> and don’t pretend that it’s justified just bc it’s a football discussion board bc it p much does nothing but foster a lower level of dialogue, and all you see is the same banal comments about “gettleman’s ego” and cheapness, and comeuppance. we don’t need to discuss every thing the giants do and how it’s going to be terrible just to make ourselves feel better while the offseason slowly melts away like a glacier before the 1900s.

i thought of it as an inkling but now i’m rly starting to see the clarity that it very likely is just a matter of a bunch of insecure posters periodically affirming that it was a good idea that we went back to the guy whose mess gettleman spent years cleaning up. don’t want any thought dispute going on up there in the old brain case i guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frash.exe said:

i’m rly not impressed by the argument that just bc he has a job means that everybody can just take unlimited shots every time the giants announce a draft pick or trade or free agent signing or <insert personnel transaction here> and don’t pretend that it’s justified just bc it’s a football discussion board bc it p much does nothing but foster a lower level of dialogue, and all you see is the same banal comments about “gettleman’s ego” and cheapness, and comeuppance. we don’t need to discuss every thing the giants do and how it’s going to be terrible just to make ourselves feel better while the offseason slowly melts away like a glacier before the 1900s.

i thought of it as an inkling but now i’m rly starting to see the clarity that it very likely is just a matter of a bunch of insecure posters periodically affirming that it was a good idea that we went back to the guy whose mess gettleman spent years cleaning up. don’t want any thought dispute going on up there in the old brain case i guess.

meh...why don't you pull for the Giants since deep down inside you know & I know your an flaming egomaniac who would love nothing more than to see DG hoisting a Lombardi & saying ... look at me I I I told y'all so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bandu said:

meh...why don't you pull for the Giants since deep down inside you know & I know your an flaming egomaniac who would love nothing more than to see DG hoisting a Lombardi & saying ... look at me I I I told y'all so

Thanos-Snap-1552933559.gif?quality=.8&he

giphy-99.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bandu said:

meh...why don't you pull for the Giants since deep down inside you know & I know your an flaming egomaniac who would love nothing more than to see DG hoisting a Lombardi & saying ... look at me I I I told y'all so

untrigger yourself before @TheRed has another seizure brought on by your weak smack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

untrigger yourself before @TheRed has another seizure brought on by your weak smack

you take Cam & Keuchly & coach Turner off the roster & insert coach Shula Blaine Gabbert & Shaq Thompson & then you have done what genius?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

09226C7B-9B8F-4050-A3CF-D58D0B515843.jpeg.41d77de900335db4a45486a862c9010c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

09226C7B-9B8F-4050-A3CF-D58D0B515843.jpeg.41d77de900335db4a45486a862c9010c.jpeg

it's hands down better than sweeping the elephant under the rug figuratively speaking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...