Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Proudiddy

Gettleman is getting absolutely destroyed by national media... STILL

Recommended Posts

Gettleman set us back 2 years at least with his stupidity.  Cutting Smitty and Norman. Signing Matt Kalil to a massive deal.  Drafting some terrible players (Benjamin, Funchess, Hall, Ealy, etc).  His ego makes him an ineffective GM.  The 15-1 season was mostly a Hurney drafted/signed team.  

Screw G-man...I hope he’s fired in NY as well. 

  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Gettleman set us back 2 years at least with his stupidity.  Cutting Smitty and Norman. Signing Matt Kalil to a massive deal.  Drafting some terrible players (Benjamin, Funchess, Hall, Ealy, etc).  His ego makes him an ineffective GM.  The 15-1 season was mostly a Hurney drafted/signed team.  

Screw G-man...I hope he’s fired in NY as well. 

Team was in the Super Bowl one year after Smith was cut...

In the playoffs again with a Gettleman roster the year after Norman was cut...

First year Marty Hurney has full control, team has historic meltdown...

"Gettleman set us back two years"

:)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Gettleman set us back 2 years at least with his stupidity.  Cutting Smitty and Norman. Signing Matt Kalil to a massive deal.  Drafting some terrible players (Benjamin, Funchess, Hall, Ealy, etc).  His ego makes him an ineffective GM.  The 15-1 season was mostly a Hurney drafted/signed team.  

Screw G-man...I hope he’s fired in NY as well. 

To be 100% fair, that D line was mostly Gettleman. So was taking a chance on Orr. The secondary was largely Gettleman signings as well (I think) . He did ok in free agency, not so great in the draft.

The main players that year were Hurney drafted guys, but they were high draft picks Hurney got as a consolation prize for constantly putting together terrible teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Huddler said:

btw, media reaction and fuxking wingo of all people isnt a barometer of future success

 

 

anyway, gettleman has balls to carry out his plan.. something he wasnt able to do here. 

 

my prediction is they will be a force very soon 

agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Team was in the Super Bowl one year after Smith was cut...

In the playoffs again with a Gettleman roster the year after Norman was cut...

First year Marty Hurney has full control, team has historic meltdown...

"Gettleman set us back two years"

:)

A Gettleman roster???  Please list the number of major impact players from that team that Gettleman drafted. lol

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tbe said:

To be 100% fair, that D line was mostly Gettleman. So was taking a chance on Orr. The secondary was largely Gettleman signings as well (I think) . He did ok in free agency, not so great in the draft.

The main players that year were Hurney drafted guys, but they were high draft picks Hurney got as a consolation prize for constantly putting together terrible teams.

To be fair..Gettleman flopped on high draft picks such as Benjamin and Funchess.  Hurney nailed one of our best our best players ever, Smitty, in the 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smithers said:

A Gettleman roster???  Please list the number of major impact players from that team that Gettleman drafted. lol

Well let's see... In that years draft alone, Taylor Moton, Curtis Samuel, Alex Armah... oh, and some kid named McCaffrey who, I've heard, is kind of a big deal in our offense. They played alongside guys like Trai Turner, Kawann Short, Shaq Thompson and James Bradberry from prior drafts among others. Even more guys to note if you throw in free agents or undrafted players like Andrew Norwell.

Now I'm sure you'll throw some dumbass spin in like "oh, I don't consider any of those guys impact players" or some such, but the reality is we were five years removed from Marty Hurney at that time. While he still had players on the roster - and important ones - that was Gettleman's team, as was the Super Bowl team in 2015.

But hey, don't let stuff like that get in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well let's see... In that years draft alone, Taylor Moton, Curtis Samuel, Alex Armah... oh, and some kid named McCaffrey who, I've heard, is kind of a big deal in our offense. They played alongside guys like Trai Turner, Kawann Short, Shaq Thompson and James Bradberry from prior drafts among others. Even more guys to note if you throw in free agents or undrafted players like Andrew Norwell.

Now I'm sure you'll throw some dumbass spin in like "oh, I don't consider any of those guys impact players" or some such, but the reality is we were five years removed from Marty Hurney at that time. While he still had players on the roster - and important ones - that was Gettleman's team, as was the Super Bowl team in 2015.

But hey, don't let stuff like that get in the way.

Alex Armah?  Really?  And everyone on this board complains about Short, Thompson, and Bradberry. 

Hurney drafted Cam, Luke, Davis, and Ryan Kalil.  And don’t play the whole “he had high picks” card.  Because the only true franchise player you listed (CMC) for G-Man was a high pick.  Hurney also has Norman and Smitty in later rounds.  Gman has Benjamin and Funchess as early flops.  

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smithers said:

To be fair..Gettleman flopped on high draft picks such as Benjamin and Funchess.  Hurney nailed one of our best our best players ever, Smitty, in the 3rd.

If I’m correct hurney didn’t draft Smith 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

If I’m correct hurney didn’t draft Smith 

He wasn't the GM, but according to various reports he ran the draft that year along with Seifert and the head of scouting that year. Assisted with the board, scouting and other things with the draft. One of the reasons they were comfortable making him the GM after that dreadful 2001 seasons. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Gettleman years, Hurney gave us Cam, Luke, TD, Olsen, Kalil, Stewart, Tolbert, CJ, Hardy, Norman, Gano, Addison.

Hurneys downfall was cap management, but he built a great core. Gettleman took his team and made it better by improving the offensive and defensive lines. Gettleman gave us a few good players, but his overall roster management was lousy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Not a single person on this huddle disliked gettleman until Steve Smith was cut. Nowadays you guys are so obsessed with hating the man but you guys are still hating on him when it's all water under the bridge.

That basically happened at the end of gettlemans first year with the team. So technically it didnt take long for people to start disliking him. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,845
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Shecky
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      144,875
    • Total Posts
      4,733,084
  • Posts

    • I understand your points and really do appreciate the thoughtful discourse. I dont think that disagreeing with Trump is anti American.  Reasonable civil discourse is what should build this country and it would help shed knee jerk misconceptions about others. I'll refer to an analogy I made earlier. If you welcome me into your home to escape abuse. Give me a bed and a car. Give me a good reference for a job and I turn around and talk crap about you, your wife, and your kids you might want to tell me to GTFO.  Regardless of what I look like.  I've admitted that what Trump said was misinformed regarding the other women. I'm sure he said oh poo to himself. That said it doesnt mean that the other three women shouldnt be under scrutiny..because they are indeed batshit crazy. It doesnt seem that Pelosi is any less racist then Trump based on recent comments...and one thing I can say about Trump is he is equal opportunity in the name calling dept regardless of color. If you watched the 2016 republican primary you'll know what I mean. Hes dogged everyone to Ted Cruz. Paul Ryan. Mitt Romney. John McCain. Hilary Clinton. Jeb Bush. The list keeps going. He may be a bit of literary idiot that sometimes doesnt think before he speaks...but hes not racist.
    • She would be alive so I am willing to say MUCH better.    
    • does it matter that he was a republican or a conservatives ? would it have been better for heather's family if he was a democrat and liberal ? would it all be ok for them then ? 
×
×
  • Create New...