Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Gettleman is getting absolutely destroyed by national media... STILL

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Alex Armah?  Really?  And everyone on this board complains about Short, Thompson, and Bradberry. 

Hurney drafted Cam, Luke, Davis, and Ryan Kalil.  And don’t play the whole “he had high picks” card.  Because the only true franchise player you listed (CMC) for G-Man was a high pick.  Hurney also has Norman and Smitty in later rounds.  Gman has Benjamin and Funchess as early flops.  

Agreed.....and If we are being real, CMC was Richardson pick, i know Scot and other people like to use that analogy  whenever Hurney has done something good in the past so we at least gotta keep it consistent. 

The 2016 off-season was so fuging bad I still have no idea how Gettleman wasn't fired after the draft that year.

The Norman situation was handled so poorly it made us the laughing stock of the NFL after already having to deal with the post superbowl poo. He didn't even bother to try and sign a CB to replace him in free agency. The only DB signed that off season was Boykin who would have been a slot corner and we cut him before the season started. Really glad we saved 14 million in cap space that year.

He didn't even use our first rounder on a DB either. He took Butler, with DT at the time being one of our strongest position groups. He then panicked and over drafted 3 corners in a row with none of them being ready to step in and be immediate starters. (it happened anyway because he had no other plan in place) He even used our fourth rounder to trade up for Worley while it seemed like the entire huddle was begging him to take Kendall Fuller. We all saw how that one played out. 

We fielded one of the worst secondary's I can remember in Panther's history that season and finished last in our division a year after going 17-2.

5 hours ago, Smithers said:

To be fair..Gettleman flopped on high draft picks such as Benjamin and Funchess.  Hurney nailed one of our best our best players ever, Smitty, in the 3rd.

Hurney didn’t draft Smith. 

To be fair Boykin never played for anyone after that.

If he had stopped after Braadberry and just selected lineman it wouldn't have been so bad. The Sanchez pick is where it really  derailed 

9 hours ago, Smithers said:

Alex Armah?  Really?  And everyone on this board complains about Short, Thompson, and Bradberry. 

Hurney drafted Cam, Luke, Davis, and Ryan Kalil.  And don’t play the whole “he had high picks” card.  Because the only true franchise player you listed (CMC) for G-Man was a high pick.  Hurney also has Norman and Smitty in later rounds.  Gman has Benjamin and Funchess as early flops.  

You reacted just as I predicted you would :)

Smith was drafted by Seifert. And to be clear, Hurney worked the logistics of that draft. He wasn't a scout.

If you want to talk early flops, Jimmy Clausen is far from the only one. He's just the most memorable. There's also guys like Everette Brown and Armanti Edwards, both of whom we traded up for. Heck, there was the one draft where the only player that was any good was Captain Munnerlyn and they didn't take him until the 7th.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to talk about early picks though. Yes, Hurney had those because he regularly put together some of the sh-ttiest teams in the league. Again, three winning seasons out of eleven, and two of those came when he was dealing with a roster put together mostly by George Seifert. The longer he was in charge, the worse the team got.

Basically, Hurney was dog sh-t as a GM. and the fact that you're promoting somebody with his kind of record as something great is hilarious.

This time around? He's still benefiting from the previous guy just like before  so we haven't seen the full effect yet, but he has managed to tank the team once already. I'm hoping he doesn't last long enough to make them even worse like he did before.

13 hours ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

lets talk about dave's 2016 draft then. Id say it was the worst in panther history

Jesus yes. That's up there with the 2009 draft as worst of all time for our team. 

I can't really say which is better either. Only one competent player from either draft, Bradburry and Captain respectively.

I think in context 2009 might be worse because we traded our 2010 1st rounder to trade up into the second to draft Everette Brown, and that set the team back years where we wouldn't have a winning record again until 2013 - whereas with 2016, we were the second to last pick every single round so the best talent was usually off the board. Still had a shot at guys like Henry and Collins at 30, but there's more of a built in excuse for drafting late. 

So a toss up between the 2009 and 2016 with an edge to 2009 being slightly worse due to how badly it hindered us for years to come.  

1a and 1b.

18 hours ago, ncfan said:

Cant we all just hate this fat fug right here for losing our SB?

7 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

whole lotta blame to go around for that egg.

1 minute ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

whole lotta blame to go around for that egg.

Well his man won the MVP so Im goin with him.

22 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Well his man won the MVP so Im goin with him.

The MVPs for that loss were Ron Rivera and Mike Shula.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The MVPs for that loss were Ron Rivera and Mike Shula.

One down.

One to go.

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

Yeah

He was Part of of it.

Tolbert Fumbling twice, Shula predictable playcalling 

But yeah, glad he isnt here anymore though

It would be funny if Hurney and Rivera were replaced with Gettleman and Shurmererer after they get tossed in NY.

1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Jesus yes. That's up there with the 2009 draft as worst of all time for our team. 

I can't really say which is better either. Only one competent player from either draft, Bradburry and Captain respectively.

I think in context 2009 might be worse because we traded our 2010 1st rounder to trade up into the second to draft Everette Brown, and that set the team back years where we wouldn't have a winning record again until 2013 - whereas with 2016, we were the second to last pick every single round so the best talent was usually off the board. Still had a shot at guys like Henry and Collins at 30, but there's more of a built in excuse for drafting late. 

So a toss up between the 2009 and 2016 with an edge to 2009 being slightly worse due to how badly it hindered us for years to come.  

1a and 1b.

This is probably the best assessment I've seen of the two offseasons, especially given context. 2016 was a continuation of 2015, where the team had gone 15-1 and caught lightning in a bottle. Only this time, Cam's #1 WR KB was coming back from injury, had a returning OL, and Kony Ealy had put on a SB MVP performance. Then Oher's concussion (forcing Remmers to LT), KB being a shell of himself, Ealy being a bust, the league allowing headhunting vs. Cam, etc.

2009 hedged the future, and then the 2010 draft was a giant flop aside from Hardy and LaFell.

Following 2016, we signed Matt Kalil. So... both are pretty terrible.

I think that not paying JNo what he's getting paid in WAS is ok, but if we could have had him for cheaper that would've been nice. Him and Bradberry would've been impressive, but we got DJax now and pay less than JNo's salary for our entire CB group while after trading Everette Brown and Clausen, we followed it up by drafting Cam and Kuechly sooo... 

7 minutes ago, Icege said:

I think that not paying JNo what he's getting paid in WAS is ok, but if we could have had him for cheaper that would've been nice. Him and Bradberry would've been impressive, but we got DJax now and pay less than JNo's salary for our entire CB group while after trading Everette Brown and Clausen, we followed it up by drafting Cam and Kuechly sooo... 

That 2011 draft outside of Newton is "gouge your eyes out" worthy.

The 2012 one other than Luke isn't exactly special either (Joe Adams in particular) but at least it wasn't as bad as the year before.