Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Proudiddy

Bucs Sign Suh to 1-yr deal

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

So the Bucs haven't won a playoff game since their lone Super Bowl run with Trent Dilfer 17 years ago?

And people here complain about the Panthers. My goodness.

You mean Brad Johnson, right? Dilfer was the guy handing off for the Ravens' SB team. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

200.gif

aside from still being a turd of a human, he's not the threat he used to be. the guy does more harm to his own team in penalty yards than he does good. definitely not any kind of upgrade over McCoy. the guy is a bum. bucs went the cheap route and if they are paying suh anywhere close to the $13mil they were going to be paying mccoy, they are even dumber than i thought.

• Pie 4

The problem with Suh is that he almost lives up to the money every season.

That's the kind of guy who has a decent talent and size, but exists more on marketing, his agent and the rising inflation that is inherent in the league. Because his name is known, he gets lumped in with the star players and gets paid something within their orbits. Then, he performs just a bit below those stars and well, you keep him around because, well there are bigger problems.

Now that age is catching up with him, that little gap between him and stardom gets a bit wider each year.

• Pie 1

I hope suh remains unmotivated, like the last couple of years. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 3

Would I trade 17 years of a couple meaningless playoff loses and two super loses for a Lombardi and a Panthers Super Bowl Champion shirt I could proudly wear until I croak?

Yes. Yes I would.

58 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

You mean Brad Johnson, right? Dilfer was the guy handing off for the Ravens' SB team. 

You are correct. Good catch. I forgot he only played for the Bucs briefly in the late nineties.

11 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Would I trade 17 years of a couple meaningless playoff loses and two super loses for a Lombardi and a Panthers Super Bowl Champion shirt I could proudly wear until I croak?

Yes. Yes I would.

Who wouldn't?

If we had won SB50, Kony Ealy might have been the MVP for the game with how he played. Just shows how difficult it is to actually win one. Sometimes you just need old fashioned luck. The refs being on your side certainly doesn't hurt either. Just ask the Broncos.

But Super Bowl or no Super Bowl, 17 years of straight up losing is not going to go over well with any fanbase. This is why despite that Super Bowl trophy, the Bucs practically have to give away tickets.

14 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Yes. Yes I would.

Is suh supposed to help someone achieve this?

2 hours ago, Johnny Rockets said:

He won't have the luxury of lining up along side Aaron Donald in TB. 

pretty much what I'm thinking 

1 minute ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Signing him to take a cheap shot at Cam and then cutting him

Probably still pissed about the donkey kong thing.

Don’t really care how relevant or irrelevant he is as a player. The fear is that the one time he even has a chance to get near Cam, he could potentially injure him, due to his knowingly immoral antics. 

6 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Suh is way overrated...  if he wasn't, the Rams would've wanted to hang onto him.  If he plays like he did in the playoffs, he's someone to be accounted for.  If he plays like he has regularly thought his career in the regular season, I honestly don't care that they have him...  so long as he's cut the cheap shots out.

Suh did not give us problems in Detroit or Miami.  As far as I am concerned, the bucs down-graded both in talent and leadership.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1