Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers interested in Gerald McCoy

Usually I throw out the "they let him go for some reason" line, or you can't win long term by buying another team's old dudes. This time, though, it might be money well spent. I think he underperformed in Tampa because, well, that team had been disintegrating since they drafted Jameis Winston. Lost their identity and that rotating door for the head coach's office hurt, too.

Besides the fact that he could still have good tread on the tires, just the familiarity with not just the Bucs but in playing all of other divisional opponents... we're talking good value for medium dollars maybe. A prove it contract with incentives could be the best bet.

Then again, Cleveland is spending like they want to get the team looking good before LeBron comes back to town or something.

• Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

13 million is a ton for him. Unless he wants to work for less than 10 I don't see it....

I love Poe, loved him in ATL and KC, but his production, statistical or on film, does not warrant his contract/cap hit. And it only goes up next year. I'd much rather have the statistical/game field production from McCoy, I mean if we can get him for a solid offer, I'm good with keeping  Poe, but if we are thinking about KK, Poe and McCoy, on top dl contracts? I'm not seeing it. (KK, and Poe are already top 15 salaries)

McCoy's production is more than likely going to warrant a nice multi year deal, which we don't have an option of rn with players nearing the end of their contract, ie Shaq. I'd love to have him, production is very good, I'd like to know what TB knows that the stats/film doesn't show? He's a luxury, a very nice, good pair with KK (on paper) but options are cut Poe, sign McCoy to a modest deal (not likely) or look at a freaking FS for God's sake!

5 minutes ago, PanthersAddict said:

I love Poe, loved him in ATL and KC, but his production, statistical or on film, does not warrant his contract/cap hit. And it only goes up next year. I'd much rather have the statistical/game field production from McCoy, I mean if we can get him for a solid offer, I'm good with keeping  Poe, but if we are thinking about KK, Poe and McCoy, on top dl contracts? I'm not seeing it. (KK, and Poe are already top 15 salaries)

McCoy's production is more than likely going to warrant a nice multi year deal, which we don't have an option of rn with players nearing the end of their contract, ie Shaq. I'd love to have him, production is very good, I'd like to know what TB knows that the stats/film doesn't show? He's a luxury, a very nice, good pair with KK (on paper) but options are cut Poe, sign McCoy to a modest deal (not likely) or look at a freaking FS for God's sake!

AFAIK, we can't really cut Poe this year. Spotrac lists him as a 9,333,333 cap hit with 9,166,667 dead cap. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

Cut Torrey Smith, Vernon Butler, and Dontari Poe

Cutting Butler and Poe saves us about 150k while carrying around 13 million in dead cap.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Cutting Butler and Poe saves us about 150k while carrying around 13 million in dead cap.

Yeah, there is basically no benefit to cutting those guys now. I don't know why people assume it is that easy. 

• Pie 1

People are on drugs if thinking Poe is getting cut before next year.

torrey is the easy choice but that’s only $5 million. 

Cut Shaq,.. that’s $9 million(if that’s still an option?)

theres other ways to do it without a huge dead cap etc. that would just be ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, JARROD said:

People are on drugs if thinking Poe is getting cut before next year.

torrey is the easy choice but that’s only $5 million. 

Cut Shaq,.. that’s $9 million(if that’s still an option?)

theres other ways to do it without a huge dead cap etc. that would just be ridiculous.

Cutting Shaq would create $0 in cap space.

Panthers have inquired about Gerald McCoy

The Panthers have inquired about free agent defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer reports.

McCoy has not scheduled a visit to Charlotte. He will visit the Browns on Friday, one of multiple teams who have interest in the six-time Pro Bowler.

He reportedly is considering three or four teams, including the Ravens.

The Buccaneers released McCoy on Monday, declining to pay the $13 million they owed him for 2019.

He made 54.5 sacks in his nine seasons in Tampa.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/23/panthers-have-inquired-about-gerald-mccoy/

• Pie 1