Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers interested in Gerald McCoy

Recommended Posts



1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Patriots are the only guaranteed year in year out contender 

Well they are also pretty cap strapped, currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Sign him for 3/33M with an 11M salary each year. No signing bonus. Make the last two years club options so if you move on after one year there is no dead cap hit and when MCCoy signs with another team, we get the comp Pick. 

 And it would give us a fallback plan if KK doesn’t bounce back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Toomers said:

  Sign him for 3/33M with an 11M salary each year. No signing bonus. Make the last two years club options so if you move on after one year there is no dead cap hit and when MCCoy signs with another team, we get the comp Pick. 

 And it would give us a fallback plan if KK doesn’t bounce back. 

Sounds good, but there's zero chance he'd agree to that. Why would he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sounds good, but there's zero chance he'd agree to that. Why would he?

Team friendly deal dude!

We are the Panthers,  after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sounds good, but there's zero chance he'd agree to that. Why would he?

 It’s just a one year/ 11M deal. Which is probably all he will get anyhow. Make the option years higher at 15M so if he balls out you could possibly use the option as an alternative to KK. 

  Sure it’s “pie in the sky wishful thinking” but when people ask why the Pats and Eagles have so many comp picks, this is why. Contracts like Torrey Smiths. Only we aren’t smart enough to actually take advantage of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to start thinking in a win now(or at least in the next 2/3 years) mentality! Im not saying we should go back to Hurney 1.0 or cap hell but we have future hall of famers in in their peak years or heading their its best we take advantage of that! Whether its 3-4 or 4-3 McCoy would help a Dline that looked close to dead in the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Toomers said:

 It’s just a one year/ 11M deal. Which is probably all he will get anyhow. Make the option years higher at 15M so if he balls out you could possibly use the option as an alternative to KK. 

  Sure it’s “pie in the sky wishful thinking” but when people ask why the Pats and Eagles have so many comp picks, this is why. Contracts like Torrey Smiths. Only we aren’t smart enough to actually take advantage of them. 

Torrey Smith? There's no comp pick consideration for traded players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Torrey Smith? There's no comp pick consideration for traded players.

I just used his contract as an example. If we didn’t pick up his option in March, we would have gotten comp pick consideration for him when he signed with another team. Once we picked it up, he would have to be cut, this no comp pick. 

 With Smith it wouldn’t have mattered much, because he wasn’t getting much from anyone. But it’s the easiest example as most are familiar with the details. 

 Has nothing to do with trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to think if their is any competitor in McCoy he will want to face the bucs. If not we don't want him anyway. KK and McCoy could be extremely disruptive with Poe anchoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

We need to start thinking in a win now(or at least in the next 2/3 years) mentality! Im not saying we should go back to Hurney 1.0 or cap hell but we have future hall of famers in in their peak years or heading their its best we take advantage of that! Whether its 3-4 or 4-3 McCoy would help a Dline that looked close to dead in the water.

I’m not sure I agree. If Burns, Little and Miller work out, we will have gotten 9 (or more) solid anchors in the past 3 drafts and Luke and Cam aren’t close to retiring. Dump Poe and Short before 2020 and rollover $16m (depends on what we else we use) and we have around $80m in cap space next year.

Given what you can do salary cap wise we could sign our stud young guys and sign a couple marquee FAs for 2020 through 2022. I’d rather not mortgage a 3+ year window for 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see it like this. If we acquire about him, we have money and a way to get him payed. How we do is beyond me because I see our cap is almost maxed out. But I believe they have a way to be able to sign him somehow if he doesnt sign with the Browns or Ravens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...