Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
ncfan

Kemba FA watch (Woj Bomb, Celtics are the front runner to sign per sources once opens sunday)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Marty Hurney 1.0 just got erect 

We are really looking at a

Graham, Bacon, Batum, Marvin, Zeller (if can stay healthy) starting lineup

 

With Bridges as the 6th man

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

We are really looking at a

Graham, Bacon, Batum, Marvin, Zeller (if can stay healthy) starting lineup

 

With Bridges as the 6th man

That's a surefire 15 or less win team.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

You just have to hope they accidentally back into a good player with a top 5 pick. If you get enough top 5 picks, the odds are that you will eventually get an elite talent. 

Theyll get a top 3 pick

NBA can rig a lottery.  We've seen it with the New Orleans owned Pelicans over us, Lebron to his hometown, former Philly player tweeting out contracts on the top pick 76ers a few hours before the "drawing", etc etc

 

Hornets are already bad and not drawing anyone.  Charlotte is a Big market (suprisingly it is, not to LA, Chicago, or NY level but way up there)

They have a big face figure of their sport as the owner.

They were already 26th in the league in attendance.  Now losing its star player that will turn away 50% of the remaining fan base.   Are binded in contract he11 where they arent able to bring in big FA to help.

Hornets could be look like the tampa bay rays stadium with the leagues worst team.  No young guys with star potential.  That will not be a good look at all for the league.

Edited by ncfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we will be a one an done season ticket holder this year.  Anyway we could get out of the tickets an just take what we have paid already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw on first take Charlotte offered Kemba more than he would get in open market but not super max and he turned it down. 

0-82 seems like a reasonable prediction at this point.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fuging hate Nic Batum and will boo his French punkass every time he's on the court.. His bitch ass poo just destroyed this franchise.. Why even have him here?? I'd rather him being in France stealing the money then taking minutes from younger players..

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I fuging hate Nic Batum and will boo his French punkass every time he's on the court.. His bitch ass poo just destroyed this franchise.. Why even have him here?? I'd rather him being in France stealing the money then taking minutes from younger players..

Yep... only thing that really makes sense once Kemba and lamb are gone is just start and play the young guys...might as well let them learn and develop while we lose

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I fuging hate Nic Batum and will boo his French punkass every time he's on the court.. His bitch ass poo just destroyed this franchise.. Why even have him here?? I'd rather him being in France stealing the money then taking minutes from younger players..

We all agree but Cho was the that gave him that awful deal

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Theyll get a top 3 pick

NBA can rig a lottery.  We've seen it with the New Orleans owned Pelicans over us, Lebron to his hometown, former Philly player tweeting out contracts on the top pick 76ers a few hours before the "drawing", etc etc

 

Hornets are already bad and not drawing anyone.  Charlotte is a Big market (suprisingly it is, not to LA, Chicago, or NY level but way up there)

They have a big face figure of their sport as the owner.

They were already 26th in the league in attendance.  Now losing its star player that will turn away 50% of the remaining fan base.   Are binded in contract he11 where they arent able to bring in big FA to help.

Hornets could be look like the tampa bay rays stadium with the leagues worst team.  No young guys with star potential.  That will not be a good look at all for the league.

IDK that they will reward us because we are a mismanaged team. It isn't like the deck was stacked particularly against us, we just do incredibly stupid things in the draft and in free agency. 

Of course, if the NBA really wanted to make it a fair system they would get rid of the draft lottery. It's one of the dumbest things in all of professional sports. But, that being said, we are one of the few franchises that could probably screw up a top 3 pick with regularity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I fuging hate Nic Batum and will boo his French punkass every time he's on the court.. His bitch ass poo just destroyed this franchise.. Why even have him here?? I'd rather him being in France stealing the money then taking minutes from younger players..

I have no hatred of Batum.  He didn't sign himself to that goofy ass contract and he'd be a damn fool to turn it down. The Bobnets are to blame for that one.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have no hatred of Batum.  He didn't sign himself to that goofy ass contract and he'd be a damn fool to turn it down. The Bobnets are to blame for that one.

I blame him for being a bitch and not atleast playing to the level he did before the contract.. 

Can't blame the team for him not being aggressive and playing like a bitch.. I blame them for the contract but even at 10 mil a year he isn't worth it.  Or playing up to it..

Edited by WOW!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I promise every game I attend.. Or as long as they let me stay.. I will be trashing Batum with every vocal cord I have.. If he has to be here stealing money he won't enjoy the home games..

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I blame him for being a bitch and not atleast playing to the level he did before the contract.. 

Can't blame the team for him not being aggressive and playing like bitch.. I blame them for the contract but even at 10 mil a year he isn't worth it. 

I don't think I can agree with that. He has been roughly as good as he was in Portland. Heck, his averages from Portland and Charlotte are pretty close:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/batumni01.html

I honestly think the major change in the perception of him was that contract specifically. Had he not gotten that contract, I think we would have a much more positive view of him overall(or at least neutral). He's a quality role player and NBA starter. But you don't hand out mega-contracts to those guys. We gave him money that you would pay an elite or near-elite player. That's what was so infuriating. Even at the time I couldn't believe we made that deal. 

 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...