Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harbingers

This is your wall trumpers.

3 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

You submit paperwork for Asylum at your home country and the vetting process begins

No.

I think you are closer to the refugee system then asylum.  They are two different things.

5 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

are the person a real asylum seeker or someone who is trying to skip 20 years of waiting

Once again anger at asylum seekers due to our broken immigration system.  20 years of paperwork and waiting really bad.  dont punish asylum seekers because our system sucks.

11 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

I don’t think you know how this process works.  You submit paperwork for Asylum at your home country and the vetting process begins.  Then after getting vetted you get an interview and if passed you get immunizations scheduled before you arrive in the US.  Some immunizations can be received here but not all.  They find them a sponsor, job, home  and etc before asylum seeker arrives in the US.  Everything takes time.  Most asylum seekers are from real war zones like Syria where every every home is blown up or Africa where Christians get murdered.  Not Mexico where people are trying to abuse the system because they are on the same continent.  Question is... are the person a real asylum seeker or someone who is trying to skip 20 years of waiting and paperwork by bullshitting their way in?

They don't care

13 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Once again anger at asylum seekers due to our broken immigration system.  20 years of paperwork and waiting really bad.  dont punish asylum seekers because our system sucks.

Most asylum seekers have to deal with years of waiting. Because they can’t just walk across a border. 

19 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

No.

I think you are closer to the refugee system then asylum.  They are two different things.

And just how did you reach that conclusion?

Lindsey Graham just introduced a bill to extend detention of migrant children from 20 to 100 days.

We know where their priorities are...  I'm sure Retarded and G5klanz are happy

41 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

They don't care

You don't want any of those people here, Syrian, Mexican, Somali, etc, stop lying

Economic asylum now is a thing?

Here's the ABC story, notice it was an AP reference.

https://abc7.com/5367627/

In their working-class neighborhood of about 40,000 people, Martínez worked in a pizzeria and Ávalos was a cashier in a fast-food restaurant, said his mother, Rosa Ramírez.

The area has had problems with gang violence, but these days it's calm, she said. She said her son never had any problems with gangs, and he left with his family for economic reasons.

Ramírez said she had given them the big room in the two-bedroom house, but they dreamed of saving money for a place of their own and the dream drove the family to head for the United States in early April.

"I told him, 'Son, don't go. But if you do go, leave me the girl,'" Ramírez said.

"'No, mama,'" she said he replied. "'How can you think that I would leave her?'"

Economic asylum is a thing then?  Then what's stopping anyone that's in a 3rd world/developing country from claiming "asylum".  You can't, because it's ludicrous.

What's disturbing is the AP scrubbed that part of the story.  

https://www.apnews.com/88ddb41d444a474cb2771422aee21f56

The couple and their daughter had lived with Martinez’s mother in a sea-green brick home with barred windows in a working-class neighborhood of San Martin on the outskirts of the capital, San Salvador.

He worked in a pizzeria and she was a cashier in a fast-food restaurant, his mother, Rosa Ramírez, said.

Ramírez said she had given them the big room in the two-bedroom house, but they dreamed of saving money for a place of their own and decided to head for the United States in early April.

“I told him, ‘Son, don’t go. But if you do go, leave me the girl,’” Ramírez said.

″‘No, mama,’” she said he replied. ”‘How can you think that I would leave her?’”

The AP completely scrubbed that little component of the story.  Why?  It doesn't make the end result any less tragic, but what it does put to light that the abuse of the asylum process is killing children.  People are gaming the system and it cost them their lives.  This is NOT how our immigration system is supposed to work.  If you argue otherwise, explain.  

Our system is broken and america is supposed to be the land of economic opportunity and freedom.  Did we lie?

G5 doing all he can to pass the buck and absolve this fascist admin of responsibility to be moral human beings

Bottom line is you're against brown immigrants, your arguments about legality and the economy is just cover for it