Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Anybodyhome

If There Was Any Doubt Trump is a Racist

3 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Only direct overt racism counts. Got it. 

Tell me how being inundated with cost of living. High rents I cant afford. Being a single father. Working a job with no upward mobility. Having a ton of medical bills is indirectly racist. That's my life.

Not that it's harder then anyone elses.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

Just now, Fryfan said:

Is. Not has. 

We can agree on that. But we disagree on how to progress out of it.

10 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

It was a shitty analogy. Most Americans are disenfranchised by there own choice.

Yes, being black is a choice.

Seriously, how can you be this stupid?  How?

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

Tell me how being inundated with cost of living. High rents I cant afford. Being a single father. Working a job with no upward mobility. Having a ton of medical bills is indirectly racist. That's my life.

Great. And you understand that you still have privilege when seeking new jobs applying for loans getting fair housing deals etc.  

1 minute ago, Fryfan said:

Great. And you understand that you still have privilege when seeking new jobs applying for loans getting fair housing deals etc.  

I'm not sure about that. I cant get loans and I cant buy a house so....that's a class problem.

I do think that I benefit if I get pulled over. I do think a lot corporations are racist.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

I am advantaged by being a White straight male. I have to often check my bias and inherent assumptions 

this advantage is present in many many many aspects of American life. 

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

I'm not sure about that. I cant get loans and I cant buy a house so....that's a class problem.

Which for you is not compounded by a race problem. Even today you can get a loan with a lower credit score and with more favorable rates then a black man with the exact same credit score and income as you. 

This IS happening. 

1 minute ago, Fryfan said:

I am advantaged by being a White straight male. I have to often check my bias and inherent assumptions 

this advantage is present in many many many aspects of American life. 

I do think black people can make it (financially) in the world. I've seen many successful men and women. But no doubt there is a gap and a few more obstacles that needs to be improved. It starts with decent jobs and good education.

I do agree that credit scores should include rent and utility payments....but the issues are deep.

7 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Which for you is not compounded by a race problem. Even today you can get a loan with a lower credit score and with more favorable rates then a black man with the exact same credit score and income as you. 

This IS happening. 

That's not really happening much. I work with loans all the time as part of my job. There are a lot of bylaws that condemn those practices. If there is a bank doing that...shame on them and hope they go out of business. An 800 beacon is an 800 beacon regardless of color. A 450 beacon is a 450 beacon regardless of color.

I do think we're seeing massive gentrification in this country. Pricing minorities out of their communities. I think that's abysmal. That's actually a chain reaction.

Here we are talking about all this crap and no one is even talking about the real problem. The cost of rent.  When 1 bedroom shitty apartments are costing 900 a month that's a problem. Big time.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

3 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

An 800 beacon is an 800 beacon regardless of color. A 450 beacon is a 450 beacon regardless of color.

That is not what we know of today. Wells Fargo was one very obvious case.  It’s been studied beyond that. Implicit bias is real and effects everything we do. 

3 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

That is not what we know of today. Wells Fargo was one very obvious case.  It’s been studied beyond that. Implicit bias is real and effects everything we do. 

Wells fargo is an awful bank that feast on the poor. That's a socio economic issue. I hate them. I've had awful experiences with that dumb fuggin bank.

If it makes any difference I banked with them for years. Had perfect car credit and was in the 620 range and still couldnt get a loan. They deny everybody. They stay in business on overdrafts.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

8 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Wells fargo is an awful bank that feast on the poor. That's a socio economic issue. I hate them. I've had awful experiences with that dumb fuggin bank.

2 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Ok...so what? You should wear your hatred of white people with pride. Or your hatred of conservatives. 

If you're a Muslim and you dont disavow terrorism and you blame Jews for the government...and I come from Jews I'm probably not gonna like you.

funnily enough you blame the jews more than Ilhan does. you actually singled out George Soros, a jew. she's never done any such thing and criticizes only the government.

turns out you're the anti-semite.

• Pie 1