Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
PhillyB

Panthers welcome Megan Rapinoe

It's gets worse when you look at sponsorships. MLS, which is easily one of the worst men's soccer leagues in the world has sponsors from ESPN/ESPN+, Fox Sports, Fox Sports 1, Fox Deportes, Unimas, Univision Deportes, and in Canada with CTV, TSN, TSN2, TVA/TVA Sports. While the NWSL has sponsorship's from ESPN and Yahoo Sports. That's it. 

So, again, the proof is in the pudding. 

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

i don't care

paying women less because less people watch their sport is a stupid line of reasoning no matter how many times you repeat it. it says more about the people not watching (you) than it does the players. 

they are good at what they do. they are better than the men. they should earn as much. 

I actually watched all the women's games, and the men's games. But, I just know the bottom line and the reasoning behind things. People and numbers push revenue and money. Simple as that. 

Let's not get into who's better. The men would torch the women on the pitch every, single, time. The women have been beaten by 15 year old boys reportedly 3 times, and never won once. LOL. 

Edited by JakeDel5674
  • Pie 3

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

i don't care

paying women less because less people watch their sport is a stupid line of reasoning no matter how many times you repeat it. it says more about the people not watching (you) than it does the players. 

they are good at what they do. they are better than the men. they should earn as much. 

Unfortunately, that’s not true in attendance/viewership based professions. It sucks but it’s the reality. 

However, women’s World Cup teams should be making WAY more than they are now. If the men’s victor gets 400M. Based on viewership the women should be getting something in the 290-320M range.

Not 34M.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

Just now, Harbingers said:

Unfortunately, that’s not true in attendance/viewership based professions. It sucks but it’s the reality. 

However, women’s World Cup teams should be making WAY more than they are now. If the men’s victor gets 400M. Based on viewership the women should be getting something in the 290-320M range.

Not when the women's matches ratings are way less. 

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Then your math is incredibly off.

I don't think so. I never stated anything about worldwide ratings in the first place. So, you're confusing me with another poster. In fact, none of my post have stated anything about worldwide ratings. 

10 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

How conservatards, how do you cope with the fact that your tiny dick will never ever be part of an AOC/Rapinoe sandwhich?

That’s actually gross and offensive. Ha. 

4 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I don't think so. I never stated anything about worldwide ratings in the first place. So, you're confusing me with another poster. In fact, none of my post have stated anything about worldwide ratings. 

24M was the number for the viewership of the match you keep bringing up of the men’s team in 2014, in the US.

Edited by Harbingers

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

24M was the number for the viewership of the match you keep bringing up of the men’s team in 2014.

Oh, my mistake my number was six million off for a group stage match vs Portugal. Luckily, the women's number for a match that was the WORLD CUP FINAL was still 10 million less viewers. 

Edited by JakeDel5674

Let's not ignore the fact you have to reach back to 2014 men's world cup stats because the US men's team wasn't even good enough to make the 2018 world cup. Meanwhile, the women's team is the dominate force in the women's world cup.

The US women's team presents a better image and role model for soccer in the US than the men's team. Who on the men's team inspires anyone? The US women's team wins. The US women's team plays like the 2015 carolina panthers. For those reasons the players deserve to be paid more.

Men's soccer, like all men's sports, has more viewers because its older and the 'traditional' league. The infrastructure around the world is much bigger. The US men's team rides that as a way to have more 'viewers'. Based on actual production though, they don't show they deserve more money than the US women's team.

28 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

No there's not. Because the men destroy their ratings constantly. Just is what it is. It's all ratings, and revenue based. 

The men didn’t even qualify for the last World Cup.  So yes, they did destroy their ratings.

• Pie 1

Training camp is only four days away and players report in 72 hours.  The offseason is  over folks.  Can the mods PLEASE move this to the tinderbox now?  The OP obviously went fishing for a political spat and got one.   Only Panthers related in as much as a soccer match was held at BOA and some personnel was there.  It's time to move on to the 2019 Panthers.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

i don't care

I don’t want to join the argument, but it’s more about drawn revenue than viewership. Winners of the World Cup for women make 14% of the total revenue and men make 11%.

how those numbers equate aren’t based on the sex of the players but rather how much money was made overall. 

Tough thing is that using an argument that women get paid less is due to their sex, is lightly inaccurate. There has to be funds coming in to pay them. The bill got put into office about how they should handle it, so it’s best to let the parties with the power move this forward.

also, fun fact Megan rapinoe cleared more money this year than 6 of the top 10 male soccer players in the world. She has grossed over 15.6 million dollars and it’s still July. Also, Charlotte gave her over 200k just to show up to the festival yesterday. She gave a speech about supporting WSL.

hope this helps!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

To add more sadness to this conversation. The Gold Cup Final (a useless tournament) with the USMNT and Mexico had 8.8 million viewers domestically. Compared to the 14 million for the USWNT WC Final That's just sad.