Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devil Doc

Kicker?

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, TheRed said:

What exactly do you think you're going to accomplish in comparing a rookie kickers college numbers to that of a pro that has been in the league a decade?

Yet you accuse others of bias?

I apologize for looking at his record. I was wrong. Those two preseason kicks are more important than years of garbage kicking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


33 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I apologize for looking at his record. I was wrong. Those two preseason kicks are more important than years of garbage kicking

Slye was 5 of 8 today kicking and was wide right on all the misses. Not great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the standard now is if a kicker misses a few in practice he sucks?

If that's the case everyone should be in agreement that there is no excuse to miss multiple kicks in the regular season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheRed said:

So the standard now is if a kicker misses a few in practice he sucks?

If that's the case everyone should be in agreement that there is no excuse to miss multiple kicks in the regular season.

I literally just shared facts. I didn’t state my opinion or anything. Way to jump, man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, dgr8one said:

no way gano hits that kick before halftime

Missed the game tonight, was it a 63 yarder as time expires? While you are being completely objective don't forget the kid tonight missed a field goal, too. He got bailed out by a penalty. Hope he keeps performing well and makes it so the Panthers have a chance to trade him for draft capital or takes over as our starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Varking said:

Missed the game tonight, was it a 63 yarder as time expires? While you are being completely objective don't forget the kid tonight missed a field goal, too. He got bailed out by a penalty. Hope he keeps performing well and makes it so the Panthers have a chance to trade him for draft capital or takes over as our starter.

You clearly aren't exactly objective yourself. You can barely even compliment one of your own players for....playing well.

Slye is a rookie doing his job. Maybe be happy your team has a solid backup, and stop trying so hard to prop up Gano.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TheRed said:

You clearly aren't exactly objective yourself. You can barely even compliment one of your own players for....playing well.

Slye is a rookie doing his job. Maybe be happy your team has a solid backup, and stop trying so hard to prop up Gano.

I am not even a fan of Gano's. I brought literal facts to this thread. The guy said Gano would miss that same kick. I brought up his 63 yarder that won us a game. He DID miss a kick that night but because of a penalty we got bailed out. That is a fact. I hope he keeps performing well. That is a fact. I would like to have him as trade bait or take over for Gano. That is a fact. Show me where I wasn't objective. If Gano was out there I would give his stats, too. I am not like most people here it seems where I feel the need to prop up or dog people based on preseason stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 11:00 PM, Varking said:

Missed the game tonight, was it a 63 yarder as time expires? While you are being completely objective don't forget the kid tonight missed a field goal, too. He got bailed out by a penalty. Hope he keeps performing well and makes it so the Panthers have a chance to trade him for draft capital or takes over as our starter.

To be fair it was a 58 yarder.  It’s not like he missed a chip shot.  And he didn’t miss by much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

To be fair it was a 58 yarder.  It’s not like he missed a chip shot.  And he didn’t miss by much. 

The guy has shown he has the leg to be an NFL kicker. They all miss at different times as various distances. People act like Butker was blowing Gano out of the water with his accuracy. Was he more accurate? Overall? Yes. Butker was 22 of 23 from 0-39 yards. Gano was 7 of 8. They each missed one. 40+? Butker was 8 of 11 where Gano was 7 of 8. Perfect in 40-49 and 3 of 4 in 50+ to Butkers 2 of 4. Gano missed 3 extra points last year. Butker missed 4. The Chiefs scored a lot more though so he had more opportunities for extra points. Kickers are a crap shoot. We could find a gem. Slye might even be one. Or once the regular season starts he gets a case of the yips. I believe we have a playoff roster here and I would prefer to stick with a proven kicker even if it wasn't Gano over what Tampa or Chicago has had to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Varking said:

I am not even a fan of Gano's. I brought literal facts to this thread. The guy said Gano would miss that same kick. I brought up his 63 yarder that won us a game. He DID miss a kick that night but because of a penalty we got bailed out. That is a fact. I hope he keeps performing well. That is a fact. I would like to have him as trade bait or take over for Gano. That is a fact. Show me where I wasn't objective. If Gano was out there I would give his stats, too. I am not like most people here it seems where I feel the need to prop up or dog people based on preseason stats.

Slye is playing well. You think it's common for rookie kickers to boot kicks like that out of the gate? Compliment one of your players instead of seeking pie from the only two Gano homers on this website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


   You don’t get rid of Gano now simply because of his contract. It should have been handled when we had a chance to get rid of Gano and have a .5M/yr PK. But that was no big deal. Just 14M. For the same performance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should definitely keep Gano unless his injury is more serious but I'll gladly acknowledge that Slye has been impressive. If he's able to keep it up the rest of the preseason and we could actually get out of Gano's contract rather than being stuck paying him either way, I think you'd have a legitimate argument about making the switch. I hope Slye keeps it up and we land a 5th round pick out of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joey S will move onto a career with a team that actually has their priorities in order while Gano will go on to collect the rest of his checks and ride off into the sunset in a couple years while the Panthers pencil in another Justin Medlock clone and cover their eyes every time he walks out onto the field for a kick.

Anyone remember Justin Medlock btw? Or do memories around here only go back one season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Slye is playing well. You think it's common for rookie kickers to boot kicks like that out of the gate? Compliment one of your players instead of seeking pie from the only two Gano homers on this website.

I have acknowledged Slye is playing well. I did compliment him by twice now saying he is playing well and that I HOPE HE CONTINUES to play well. I am not some pie-seeking whore. I presented facts and you got mad for some reason. Then when you tried to go at me again I presented facts about the facts and you ignore that to just throw shade. I presented his college stats and pointed out he missed a kick last game. Those are facts. You can look them up and you can see them. I have said I hope he keeps kicking well so we can get something for him or have a new kicker. That is a fact. You can look it up. I don't understand what your issue is with facts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...