Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Smithers

Reid rips into the NFL...again

7 minutes ago, ellis said:

Year two now: looks like he’s grasping the system in camp so far. I’ve been impressed with his range. Seems like he’s taking control in terms of calls. He’s also going to better job with run fits and angles. Looking forward to seeing his impact in 2019. 

None of the other stuff matters to anybody in that locker room, I can almost guarantee you that. I don’t have any inside info—But are not, very few people do even if they say they do. He’s a good dude at heart, with a lot of complicated concerns. 

hopefully this year he looks more like the dude that lined up in San Fran.  Was unrealstic to think he could walk in last year be that dude. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, this is Jay-Z's take

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jay-z-speaks-on-colin-kaepernick-in-the-wake-of-roc-nations-nfl-deal-871668/

“I think that we forget that Colin’s whole thing was to bring attention to social injustice, correct?” Jay said during the conference. “So in that case, this is a success; this is the next thing. ‘Cause there’s two parts of protesting. You go outside and you protest, and then the company or the individual says, ‘I hear you. What do we do next?’ So for me it was like, action, actionable item, what are we going to do with it? Everyone heard and we hear what you’re saying, and everybody knows I agree with what you’re saying. So what are we going to do? So we should, millions of millions of people, and all we get stuck on [is] Colin not having a job.”

Fair enough but the press conference was a few hours ago. Why not get out ahead of that stuff if you knew it was going to happen.  It still looks like they sold him out. I'm all for it if it brings real change but I mean, come on. Why don't you bring the few people in the game who have actually protested to the table or at least try or at least say you tried. 

• Pie 2

jay z is smart enough that his defense is insulting to those paying attention. he’s banking on the stupidity of his audience. “all we get stuck on is colin not having a job” is real funny. when you downplay it like that it gets harder to explain why he doesn’t have a job. colin kaepernick threatened white supremacists and he lost his job over it. the end. meanwhile this gentrifying fug swung a partnership with the same league and wants to act like that’s doing something. go take a ride along with some cops to show how tough of a job it is you piece of poo.

• Pie 1

At the end of the day, money talks. I get where Reid is coming from. Is he right? Time will tell, but the NFL doesn't make this kind of move without considering the angles. To the league, this serves two purposes, short term helps their perceived public image, and long term further isolates Colin Kaepernick. They're just trying to turn people against him.

Edited by TheRed
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, The_Light_Brigade said:

Fair enough but the press conference was a few hours ago. Why not get out ahead of that stuff if you knew it was going to happen.  It still looks like they sold him out. I'm all for it if it brings real change but I mean, come on. Why don't you bring the few people in the game who have actually protested to the table or at least try or at least say you tried. 

well I do think there is some truth to the last line of Jay-Z's.  I mean at some point, it can't just be that CK isn't a starting QB so no one should make any moves.  It kinda gets a little self defeating maybe if that becomes the never moving hurdle.     

Eric Reid is a national hero.

Jay-Z is a business man. (read: Capitalist)

Edited by Bronn
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 3

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Unless he knows something we don't I think he should wait for the terms of the deal before outright calling it disingenuous. Jay-Z's publicly criticized the NFL over Kaep and even turned down the SB in support. For him to do an about face suggests that something changed.

He's implying that there's no way for the league to do right by the black community unless Kaep is back in the league and I disagree with that. 

what a whiner

Edited by bull123
  • Beer 1

Kap was not a good QB. He was demoted to #2 QB, does anyone really think Kap would have done any of this if he was starting? I like that he took a stand but for the wrong reasons i feel. He could have played another season in Sf but he forced his way out of SF but i dont think he knew it would be hard to find a job because im sure he thought he was still starter QB talent. Hes not. NFL talent not a stater. Reid is sticking up for a friend like he should but one thing is true, you cant let the man become bigger then the message. 

1 hour ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

colin kaepernick threatened white supremacists and he lost his job over it.

Kaepernick quit his job.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

4 hours ago, Bronn said:

Eric Reid is a national hero.

Jay-Z is a business man. (read: Capitalist)

I’m sorry a hero to who? Stop...

• Beer 3