Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

mc52beast

Brown files new grievance over helmet issue

When a franchise that's won six Super Bowls and is trying to maximize the finals seasons of a HOF QB's career is willing to trade arguably the best WR in the game... well, it raises some very real concerns as to why. This is why.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, raz said:

that f'ing idiot that has done more than you ever will?  who is better at his job than you'll ever be?  that one?  6 straight 100 catch seasons.  that one?  

Yes. That would be the one. 

By your logic, I suppose Ritchie Incognito is a scholar? He’s done more with his life than you. Pretty damn good at his job too. So I guess he’s not an idiot then? 

The president of the United States of America has done more with his life than you as well. Are you gonna stick with your nonsense argument still or what? Lol

AB is a fugging idiot. Deal with it. 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 6

6 hours ago, t96 said:

He actually has a point on this one though.

Not really. The league is being sued for a billion dollars by the players over safety and concussion related issues and he, a player, is upset because they won’t let him wear a helmet that doesn’t pass safety standards.

but that's the trick, cte is the real issue and they want you to believe they can do something about it when they can't.  they've shifted the conversation, on purpose, for marketing.

The Raiders took a chance on dating someone's hot, but crazy, ex-girlfriend. Regrets are beginning to pile up, a few fears, too.

• Pie 1

So when Mike Mayock says “or else”

what exactly would they do after signing him to $50 million?

He’s making the Steelers right about how they do their contracts. No guarantee money, small signing bonus so you aren’t stuck with them.

the whole league should go to contracts like that and tell players if they don’t like it, they can go bag groceries.

back to the Raiders,.. again what is the “or else”?  Can they sue him for non performance?

there should be a bobble head that just says “I want my helmet,  I want my helmet, I want my helmet”

• Beer 2

he been really strange ever since Burfict attempted to remove his head from his body, ironically they are now teammates. the Raiders should be a fun locker room. 

9 hours ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Can race car drivers sign a waiver to avoid wearing seatbelts?

He's not asking about not wearing a helmet. He's asking to wear a helmet deemed "not a safe". Mind you he has wore this helmet his entire career. Nice try though. 

Edited by Snake

3 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Not really. The league is being sued for a billion dollars by the players over safety and concussion related issues and he, a player, is upset because they won’t let him wear a helmet that doesn’t pass safety standards.

1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I don't agree. Why do you believe so?

There’s already a precedent for players getting a year grace period to wear a banned helmet. Brady won the SB last year wearing a helmet that doesn’t pass safety standards. And Brown’s helmet wasn’t even banned it was just too old, now the league is trying to change the rules and say oh even if you find one less than 10 years old, that’s banned now. It’s ridiculous. Not that I have any sympathy for Brown who is a total headcase.

• Pie 1

the league is eating this up because its making them look good.  everyone at espn and fox has got their talking points from the league and lots of y'all are eating them up without any critical thinking.    well, there seem to be some that just love trying to make themselves feel better by dogging out ab too, but what can you do about that. the more the conversation stays on new helmet regs to reduce concussions the less you hear about cte - which is really what the issue is.   

1 hour ago, raz said:

but that's the trick, cte is the real issue and they want you to believe they can do something about it when they can't.  they've shifted the conversation, on purpose, for marketing.

CTE is the biggest looming issue, but helmets have improved drastically over the past 5 years and can really help prevent concussions, which can still f up someone’s life