Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Snake

Sorry but this team isn't going places this year.

I don't know what to expect this season but I am worried. I don't care about winning/losing preseason. Now, this might not be 100% fact, but it seems that when Cam doesn't get a good amount of game playing time in preseason it's not until at least the 3rd regular season game that Cam gets it together and the offense gels. And as for Moore's and Samuel's game time with Cam, they may as well be rookies. Neither saw the field much in the beginning of last season when Cam was at his best last year. And they don't have the experience that Hogan and Wright and Smith do to make those little adjustments that their QB needs them to make until he does get it together. So I am worried in a big way about more than just Cam's ankle and the pass protection, both of which do have me worried. We couldn't pull off a screen play for sh!t.

On the bright side, we have an outstanding RB group this year. One I hope Norv and especially Cam realize they can lean on.

The Patriots looked like garbage too and I bet their fan base isn’t in meltdown mode bc they understand it is the preseason. 

• Pie 2

So my 7-9 predication for the season doesn't look so far fetched to all you homers uh?.............Fact, football is won by the online controlling the game and the clock.........Protect a QB in this league and they will all do well...........don't protect them and well you see the results.

Fact......Brains and leadership of a team comes from the HQ and the QB...........Panthers are cognitively challenged in that dept.........Cam is a man child with a 9th grade maturity..........and Rivera is a deer in the headlight fool.

Mark my words........Cam Newton will never play another meaningful game in his NFL career........

Invest in Oline players not skill players and you control the game.................

This team is a joke..........

• Poo 1

Some folks want to pull the ripcord on the parachute while they are still taxiing down the runway. SMH

Posted (edited)

This Patriots defense stifled the Rams in the Superbowl and played us the same way.  They were playing in the backfield a lot.  The offense was very bland, just working on getting the skill players some game time speed.  We didn't see much of the reverse, read options or sweeps.  Allen will be OK.  He throws a good ball and needs to work on his reads.  For the most part, our offense will run through CMC.  How teams game to stop him will open up a lot of opportunities.  The defense played like they did last year with Washington calling plays.  When Rivera took over, it was a lot more solid.

This is still a very solid team with a lot of playmakers.  It hasn't been unleashed yet.

Edited by parker

The reactionary pessimism here by these incredibly stupid "hot takes" is getting to the point where I am not even lurking much anymore.

Its starting to get embarrassing to be associated with such people, even if I am the only person that knows about it. 

1 minute ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

The reactionary pessimism here by these incredibly stupid "hot takes" is getting to the point where I am not even lurking much anymore.

Its starting to get embarrassing to be associated with such people, even if I am the only person that knows about it. 

you haven't been missed, just so you know

58 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

......Cam is a man child with a 9th grade maturity......

i hate that i agree with that.  i hope it doesn't matter

• Poo 2

14 minutes ago, raz said:

you haven't been missed, just so you know

If I don't push doomsday material based on nothing but conjecture and a deep wanting of the team/coaches/players to fail..then of course I won't be missed.

• Beer 1

Its going to a long season if the OL doesnt get their poo together

I'm not sure if I've ever seen this much overreaction from a preseason game. 

• Pie 2

I have posted this before .  If this team does not make the playoffs Rivera should be fired .   I also think Hurney   has done a fair job of bringing in some talent .  Tepper will see what he has and make the changes needed .

10 hours ago, Snake said:

Tepper will learn the hard way. 

lol @ you thinking you know more than Tepper 

9 hours ago, hepcat said:

In 2015, The Panthers played the Patriots in the preseason in week 3. They picked off Tom Brady twice and Cam Newton played into the third quarter and threw a TD pass. The Panthers ultimately lost the game 16-17, but they looked a hell of a lot better while the starters were in than they did tonight. 

That said, the Panthers kicked the Patriots ass in Week 3 of the preseason last year and they still won the Super Bowl so who really knows what this game means

It means nothing. Everyone tries to overthink the preseason. I'm only concerned with the regular season