Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Time to rally behind Cam

Just now, jfra78 said:

I agree that it wasn't a bad game,  it just wasn't Cam's usual game.  

Oh for sure it wasn’t a Superman game where he takes it over and dominates. But for a guy coming off injury and surgery, then limited preseason snaps, week 1 against one of the best defenses and dc’s?  I’ll take that performance. Wish it was better, but I’m not worried about him going forward.  Saw a number of things that were evidence of the work he’s done in the offseason mechanically. 

4 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Oh for sure it wasn’t a Superman game where he takes it over and dominates. But for a guy coming off injury and surgery, then limited preseason snaps, week 1 against one of the best defenses and dc’s?  I’ll take that performance. Wish it was better, but I’m not worried about him going forward.  Saw a number of things that were evidence of the work he’s done in the offseason mechanically. 

Yeah, Cam played as expected imo.  We had several bad breaks in this game, against a good team that is hard to overcome.

• Pie 1

For me, the biggest thing with Cam was seeing the zip back on his ball.  He threw many passes yesterday that he would not have even been able to attempt last year.  Just because he didnt go deep yesterday, doesnt mean he cant.  You can absolutely tell that he has got his fastball  back, which can only lead to good things.  Tampa will not have an Aaron Donald or Aqib Talib on their defense.  Although we lost, we definitely beat ourselves moreso than the Rams beat us.....but such is life as a Panthers fan these days.  Missed opportunities.

I have been the biggest Cam apologist out there for years and years now.  I'm honestly at the point where I'm having difficulty finding ways to defend him.  Rookie mistakes all game... 

Rust?  What the hell?  Rust?  Andy Dalton looked like a g*ddamn MVP yesterday.  So did Lamar frickin Jackson.  I'm tired of the excuses. It's time for the brass to think about the future.

These Thursday games are always a crap shoot. The best team doesn’t always win. 

I can buy into "rusty".   Doesn't take a film junkie to watch Cam throw high or even occasionally in the dirt on crucial downs.  And I buy that Cam's shoulder is "fine".

But can someone tell Norv Turner?  I thought the shoulder health and the new motion were going to open up the playbook for some occasional downfield looks.  Making the D play honest and getting more space for our playmakers. 

But it sure looked like the same "get it to CMC or checkdown or initiate incredibly slow-developing play" offense we saw last year.