Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Cam Newton not at practice today.

1 hour ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

Yes, he has earned the right to be given a shot with a new HC. Might just be my view because Ive wanted Rivera gone since about this time 6 years ago....

That would mean that we have yet another bad GM holding the checkbook.

We can keep Cam on the roster, see how he progresses through offseason workouts and rehab.  See if he can make all of the throws in camp, and make the decision after training camp.

If he can't throw, or get close to 100% healthy, you have to cut him loose and move on. 

Personally, I would prefer the new GM to focus on the next 10 years, not the next 10 games, so if that's the case, Cam is likely gone at the end of this season along with Marty and Ron.

Sucks, but that's the most likely outcome for any smart front office.  I would prefer to let Cam see if he can fight through this (if he wants to) rather than cut him, but that's just not likely in todays NFL.

4 hours ago, CatTower said:

You gonna pay Cam 20 mil next season if he doesn't play this one????

Who else we gonna use the 20 mil on?

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, AggieLean said:

His body is breaking down. He might be outta the league sooner than I thought

He is done mentally as well

20 hours ago, TheRed said:

The personal stuff all over this subforum is just toxic nastiness. These fans deserve an eternity of losing.

And the 99.9999% of fans who aren't toxic deserve to be put through an eternity of losing to punish the 0.0001%?

16 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

It’s amazing Andrew luck got 3 season to recover and cam can even get 8 games without fans clamoring to move on, keep that same energy 

Some of us were clamoring to shut him down for a full season last year.  Our front office just isn't smart enough to understand that.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Some of us were clamoring to shut him down for a full season last year.  Our front office just isn't smart enough to understand that.

Not that I would defend the intelligence of our front office, but there's also an awful lot of self-interest involved there.

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

It’s amazing Andrew luck got 3 season to recover and cam can even get 8 games without fans clamoring to move on, keep that same energy 

Apples to oranges.  Cam has been scrambling QB.  If he can't run and having shoulder problems, people have a right to be concerned.  I haven't given up on him yet, but I'd be lying if I said I think there's a good chance he becomes a top QB.

45 minutes ago, falconidae said:

And the 99.9999% of fans who aren't toxic deserve to be put through an eternity of losing to punish the 0.0001%?

We both know it's a significantly larger portion than that.

As far as losing goes, my home teams are the Panthers and Hornets. I can take it. I can't speak for the fairweather frontrunner types currently embarrassing the rest of us though.

Edited by TheRed
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not that I would defend the intelligence of our front office, but there's also an awful lot of self-interest involved there.

No doubt about it.  It's why I longed for Tep to replace both HC and GM when he got here so we could have 4/5 years of stability.

Nope, he played Panthers and gave everyone a year too long.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

We both know it's a significantly larger portion than that.

As far as losing goes, my home teams are the Panthers and Hornets. I can take it. I can't speak for the fairweather frontrunner types currently embarrassing the rest of us though.

Thinking that the posters here are representative of the panther fandom in general is a serious mistake.

And, doesn't change my point, why should the real fans be punished because of the trolls?