Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go DJ that's my DJ

Rivera Walks out on Media Session

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The team is mirroring their coach.  When things get tuff they tuck tail and run.  There's not much fight in this team and it's a direct reflection of the coach and GM.  It's a signature of Marty Hurney teams to be complacent and just happy to be here.  No pressure to produce and win.  Just be nice and act like one big happy family.  Collect your checks for as long as you want to.  Need a raise?  Sure, we love to pay for past performance, even if you rarely can play in the future.  Did I miss anything?

So ready for this to be over with.. the time for new blood has been long past due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Ron doesn't get to bring in players.   

Our backup QB situation probably falls on Tepper/Hurney more than Ron.   

Ron decides the kind of players he wants, and he does have input on particular players (whether to sign, keep or cut).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

That's not good reporting. Come on, we have to report on the important things. Like what color scarf Cam will wear this week. :eyeroll:

Seriously though, that's what Jourdan was such a breath of fresh air.

Nope! Jourdan was cynical towards cam before their incident. Thats what fueld cam to come at her. She questioned him being the QB of the Panthers.  She was trash and tried to make up for it after her racist tweets were exposed.  She hated Cam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went from no hard questions to blood in the water in one press conference. If he didn't like this one, what the hell does he think the next 14 will be like? What a stinker of a season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ron decides the kind of players he wants, and he does have input on particular players (whether to sign, keep or cut).

still doesn't mean Ron gets what he wants or needs. 

I mean this is a pretty obvious hot seat/decision season if you are Tepper.  And the question is do you end or continue the Cam/Ron era.  And if that is the big question? I just don't think Tepper is going to really care who Ron has at backup QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CRA said:

still doesn't mean Ron gets what he wants or needs. 

I mean this is a pretty obvious hot seat/decision season if you are Tepper.  And the question is do you end or continue the Cam/Ron era.  And if that is the big question? I just don't think Tepper is going to really care who Ron has at backup QB. 

I think Rivera probably gets what he wants way more frequently with Hurney as GM than he did with Gettleman.

For the record, that analysis has been agreed upon by people who have way more faith in Marty Hurney than I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, bigdavis said:

He's got better things to do.

 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

You’d like to think so but the results say otherwise 

 

2016-was-wasnt-conceited.gif

CzuPg99.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now, time to go to the archives for some great moment in coach rant history. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Nope! Jourdan was cynical towards cam before their incident. Thats what fueld cam to come at her. She questioned him being the QB of the Panthers.  She was trash and tried to make up for it after her racist tweets were exposed.  She hated Cam

meh.  

Cam got blasted because he said the type thing athletes use to say and did in in front of a camera (which wasn't smart but not the end of the world)

Jourdan got blasted because she said the type thing people use to say and did it on social media which never goes away (which given her age wasn't smart but isn't the end of the world)

Both however were treated as horrific moments.

I mean, imagine if Dave Chappelle broke on the scene today? His career would be killed by folks before it even began.  This is weird time. 

Cam is fine.  Jourdan is fine.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellis said:

And now, time to go to the archives for some great moment in coach rant history. 

 

Best NFL coach rant? Probably.

But how do you compare this to "I'm a man! I'm forty!" :thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Gantt and Bailey are discussing it on WFNZ right now.

Both agree that while press conferences are a pain in the ass, this isn't a good look and it makes Ron seem weak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gantt and Bailey are discussing it on WFNZ right now.

Both agree that while press conferences are a pain in the ass, this isn't a good look and it makes Ron seem weak.

I’m going out on a limb. I don’t think Ron cares what Gantt or Bailey thinks. I certainly hope he doesn’t. And I’m not crapping on those guys. They have a job to do too. I guess this is part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...