Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go DJ that's my DJ

Rivera Walks out on Media Session

6 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Nope! Jourdan was cynical towards cam before their incident. Thats what fueld cam to come at her. She questioned him being the QB of the Panthers.  She was trash and tried to make up for it after her racist tweets were exposed.  She hated Cam

meh.  

Cam got blasted because he said the type thing athletes use to say and did in in front of a camera (which wasn't smart but not the end of the world)

Jourdan got blasted because she said the type thing people use to say and did it on social media which never goes away (which given her age wasn't smart but isn't the end of the world)

Both however were treated as horrific moments.

I mean, imagine if Dave Chappelle broke on the scene today? His career would be killed by folks before it even began.  This is weird time. 

Cam is fine.  Jourdan is fine.   

1 minute ago, ellis said:

And now, time to go to the archives for some great moment in coach rant history. 

Best NFL coach rant? Probably.

But how do you compare this to "I'm a man! I'm forty!" :thinking:

Gantt and Bailey are discussing it on WFNZ right now.

Both agree that while press conferences are a pain in the ass, this isn't a good look and it makes Ron seem weak.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Both agree that while press conferences are a pain in the ass, this isn't a good look and it makes Ron seem weak.

I’m going out on a limb. I don’t think Ron cares what Gantt or Bailey thinks. I certainly hope he doesn’t. And I’m not crapping on those guys. They have a job to do too. I guess this is part of it.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

NFL radios 12-3 and 3-7 shows both sided with Ron. 

Pat Kirwan basically said fug those reporters. They are dumb and detract from the game.  

8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

NFL radios 12-3 and 3-7 shows both sided with Ron. 

Pat Kirwan, basically said fug those reporters. They are dumb and detract from the game.  

Pat Kirwan is one of the most respected football men in the media. 

I have no idea if he actually said any of this, but if he did, it’s probably coming from a place of experience. 

I think it is bullshiit that he walked out.  Just answer "no comment", and the press will ask something else.  

It sets a bad precedent that you can walk out when you face tough questions or if you are annoyed.  

The head coach is 1-9 in his last 10 games, I could give a shiit if he doesnt like answering the same question. 

I cannot believe all the defending that is going on.  I defend Ron for a lot of decisions, but this is a tough look. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Best NFL coach rant? Probably.

But how do you compare this to "I'm a man! I'm forty!" :thinking:

I love how mora opens up with: “well what happened was...”

Not a hello. Not a “do you have any questions?”

He just dove right into that bullshit. It’s forever my favorite moment.

It’s funny, the Carolina Panthers got both Moras fired.

1 minute ago, ellis said:

I’m going out on a limb. I don’t think Ron cares what Gantt or Bailey thinks. I certainly hope he doesn’t. And I’m not crapping on those guys. They have a job to do too. I guess this is part of it.

Back when he was on WFNZ, Frank Garcia said during his playing days that he thought Darin Gantt was a colossal a--hole.

Bailey has hit on a point that was brought up earlier in this thread, though. If they weren't asking these questions, we'd all be calling them soft and accusing them of going easy on Rivera.

(and Lord knows that's been done on this board)

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

Ron doesn't get to bring in players.   

Our backup QB situation probably falls on Tepper/Hurney more than Ron.   

Want to throw Hurney in on the cr*p back up situation, sure.  But in this scenario, I will go with Ron is and has been playing a big role in building the roster & if Ron can only win and continues playing with a QB that cant make basic throws over a back up who has been on the roster for two seasons... then he really does suck as a coach.   

As far as Tepper... he can take some blame.  He did say after last year the Panthers would not go into another season without a viable back up ... so from there how much involvement did he have and how much did Ron and/or Hurney convince him the current back ups and a 3rd round pick were the answer.  

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Back when he was on WFNZ, Frank Garcia said during his playing days that he thought Darin Gantt was a colossal a--hole.

Bailey has hit on a point that was brought up earlier in this thread, though. If they weren't asking these questions, we'd all be calling them soft and accusing them of going easy on Rivera.

(and Lord knows that's been done on this board)

My problem isn’t with tough questions. I love tough questions. But when it’s been made clear that he’s not going down that road, you pull back a little bit. Everybody has a hand in it. 

And reporters jumping on talk shows afterwards doing an autopsy on the whole thing just seems a little self-serving. To that end, there is actually a game on Sunday and some worthwhile things to talk about other than a quarterback who clearly isn’t going to be playing that day.

7 minutes ago, ellis said:

I love how mora opens up with: “well what happened was...”

Not a hello. Not a “do you have any questions?”

He just dove right into that bullshit. It’s forever my favorite moment.

It’s funny, the Carolina Panthers got both Moras fired.

Mora Jr probably never should have been hired as an NFL head coach. I've always wondered whether he would have been if he had a different last name.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mora Jr probably never should have been hired as an NFL head coach. I've always wondered whether he would have been if he had a different last name.

Funny thing is, he got that random second gig in Seattle.