Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

SZ James (banned)

Bernie Sanders

57 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The man just literally got endorsed by Jesus.  Its game over!

1 minute ago, Wes21 said:

The man just literally got endorsed by Jesus.  Its game over!

Divine intervention

On 2/19/2020 at 2:07 PM, CRA said:

Does anywhere here work w/ the aging population?

Does having to read your shitty Boomer takes count?

• Pie 1

Hi my name's Snooty McCentrist. I reject the extremism of the far left and far right in favor of moderate, middle-of-the-road values: endless war, military expansionism, ecocide, plutocracy, crushing austerity, income and wealth inequality, police militarization, Orwellian surveillance, and steadily mounting authoritarianism.

~

Mainstream media pundits keep babbling about a strange cryptozoological organism known as "moderate Democrats", despite the fact that there is less evidence for the existence of such creatures than for leprechauns and the Loch Ness Monster.

There is no such thing as a moderate mainstream centrist. There is nothing moderate about an ideology of endless mass military slaughter abroad and ever-tightening authoritarianism and economic exploitation at home. These people are violent extremists. They're ISIS with nukes.

So-called "centrism" is called that not because it's the moderate position between two extremes, but because it's been forcibly made into the mainstream norm by propaganda. There's nothing moderate about it. If we could see it with fresh, healthy eyes, we'd scream in horror.

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2020/02/20/the-myth-of-the-moderate-democrat-notes-from-the-edge-of-the-narrative-matrix/

They keep trying to spin Sanders as this freaky radical fringe madman, but he's basically just campaigning as the real version of Barack Obama. The version of Obama that actually intends to govern as he campaigned.

~

So far the best anti-Sanders smears they've been able to come up with are:
- He's unelectable (abandoned after polls proved otherwise)
- He refuses to release medical information he's already released
- He's secretly a communist
- A Bernie Bro said a bad word on the internet

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2020/02/20/the-myth-of-the-moderate-democrat-notes-from-the-edge-of-the-narrative-matrix/

Egotism can create identity structures out of pretty much anything; there would be people by now who simply don't know who they are without Trump, because anti-Trumpism has become such a part of their identity. The idea of losing Trump would look like a kind of death to them.

So as much as they hate Trump, they don't really want him to lose, deep down. They're comfortable in this post-2016 environment where they get to wake up and scream about Trump's latest tweet or whatever. They secretly enjoy it. There'd be whole online communities of such people.

These people would gravitate toward candidates like Buttigieg and Bloomberg, who if they're honest they know can't beat Trump. They'd cheer for them every step of the way, they'd revel in the drama, and when they lose they'd revel in that too. And a significant part of themselves would enjoy it.

A large part of what passes for social media activism is really just egoic bullshit, and this would be especially true of the "Resistance". Whole social media networks have been built basically around people diddling each other's egos about Trump. Many wouldn't want to lose that.  

Wow, this sure sound familiar.

Anyone who cheers for any billionaire to win anything is a pathetic bootlicking loser.

Billionaires are worthless, parasitical, untalented, unnecessary middlemen.

“Philanthropy” is just another billionaire narrative control tool, just like buying media outlets & funding think tanks. Build a library named after yourself and you’ve got this “philanthropist” label that pundits use so that people call you that instead of “parasitic sociopath”.

If wealth had anything to do with hard work, single moms would be the billionaires.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SmootsDaddy89 said:

I love that this is taking off

Open down winner!

Crap, I need to keep practicing.

3 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Divine intervention

bernie is jewish and his first job was as a carpenter i mean i'm not saying he's the son of God and the second coming of Christ but all evidence points that way

16 minutes ago, rodeo said:

bernie is jewish and his first job was as a carpenter i mean i'm not saying he's the son of God and the second coming of Christ but all evidence points that way

Let's go with that thought and elevate it in the public discourse. 

Bernie might be able to secure the evangelical christian vote in the general.

If that happens Armageddon won't be far behind.

Afterwards we can all live happily ever after on our own fluffy cloud perfecting our harp playing.

Heaven must have one hell of a band. 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

On 2/19/2020 at 6:47 PM, CRA said:

Why does it matter if 80 year olds run the country? 

I’ll go back to the Amazon analogy.  Would Jeff Bezos are down and  look to hire a 80 year old men to lead Amazon into the future?  Fug no.  Same rationale.  Only Amazon is child’s play vs the US. 

the medical stuff? It’s like the personal finances and more.  Like I keep saying, it is bigger than a specific candidate.   I have made the comment consistently about folks before Bernie.  More about establishing a very high bar of personal transparency.  Which matters.   A Trump shouldn’t of happened.   One did.  One can again.  The versions are always worse.  

I frankly don’t give a poo what Bernie’s medical say most likely.  I’m sure they look like that of an 80 year old that just had a heart attack.  Biggest concern isn’t a bad ticker for these old candidates.  Look at a Trump or Reagan....issue might be they stay in office too long with a deteriorating mental state.  But he should disclose them....and most defiantly should because he told the American people he would do that.  

Dude this is bullshit

Straight up unmitigated bullshit

Picking a candidate based on what might befall them in a medical sense is like betting millions of dollars on a single number in roulette.

Is it possible that Bernie might go senile and sign an EO that eliminates all individual debt?  Sure.

But its equally as possible that Trump goes psycho and launches a preemptive nuclear attack against our middle east "enemies"

But one of those outcomes is substantially better than the other

How old is too old to be president? It’s not a matter of chronology — it’s a matter of biology. Thanks to medical advances and a focus on healthy lifestyle choices, many people in their 80s and 90s have the stamina, wisdom and compassion necessary to solve some of the biggest problems that face the world today. And the best solutions will come when their perspectives are combined with the curiosity, values, digital nativism and skills of the young.

Daniel J. Levitin is Founding Dean of Arts & Humanities at the Minerva Schools at KGI, Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience at McGill University, and a Distinguished Faculty Fellow at the Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley. He is the author of, most recently, “Successful Aging.”  https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-neuroscientist-says-these-are-the-ideal-ages-for-the-optimal-presidential-ticket-2020-02-20?link=sfmw_tw