Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Untouchable

Bradberry Is Going To Be Costly

Bradberry seems like the kind of guy who won't be a diva like Norman was when it comes to contract discussions. I think he'd take around 10M/year. Definitely worth it if you ask me. 

37 minutes ago, ncsu12engr said:

Bradberry seems like the kind of guy who won't be a diva like Norman was when it comes to contract discussions. I think he'd take around 10M/year. Definitely worth it if you ask me. 

What on Earth would make you think that?

He will likely be a top 2 or 3 corner on the market if he hit's FA.

Another dumb move by this franchise not locking him up long term this offseason.

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

This team, with Hurney as a GM, does not have a favorable history of keeping high price tag DBs. Not saying that can't or won't change, but ...

Don't agree with this.

This team under Ron has not typically valued DB's as much as the rest of the league is probably a better statement.

39 minutes ago, ncsu12engr said:

Not to pile on, but the franchise tag for a cornerback is going to be north of $15M next year. Bradberry is considered a top-10 corner. Why would he sacrifice multiple millions per year to stay with the Panthers? Gotta take off the silver and blue glasses, here.

Again, this is why I don't see him as a Panther next year.

31 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Neither cam nor kk are on the team next year with their current deals. 

I all but guarantee KK is back for the next two years. Too much dead money if they cut him. His restructuring this year pretty much killed that idea.

40 minutes ago, ncsu12engr said:

Hometown discount!

Really though, if you are expecting Bradberry to settle for 10 million a year with the way the FA market has been ballooning the last few years you may be very disappointed.

1 hour ago, Raleigh PF said:

I all but guarantee KK is back for the next two years. Too much dead money if they cut him. His restructuring this year pretty much killed that idea.

nope.

You get 3 mil in cap space in 2020, another 10 in cap space in 2021. His salary is bigger than his cap hit. His deal was meant to be renegotiated after this season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/kawann-short-12325/

Edited by electro's horse

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Who have we tried to keep and lost out to other teams under Hurney.

Deon Grant, Dante Wesley, Ricky Manning, Richard Marshall, to name a few. Could also throw in Charles Godfrey and Sherrod Martin for discussion as well.

And I'm not sure about "losing out" to other teams versus just not offering a new contract, because I think both Manning and Marshall signed elsewhere as UFAs. And I'm not saying any of these guys are/were better than Bradberry, but I do most of these guys played on this team when strong DB talent was kinda rare.

Edited by Anybodyhome

6 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Deon Grant, Dante Wesley, Ricky Manning, Richard Marshall, to name a few. Could also throw in Charles Godfrey and Sherrod Martin for discussion as well.

And I'm not sure about "losing out" to other teams versus just not offering a new contract, because I think both Manning and Marshall signed elsewhere as UFAs. And I'm not saying any of these guys are/were better than Bradberry, but I do most of these guys played on this team when strong DB talent was kinda rare.

The only player here the Panthers actually wanted to keep was Deon Grant, but Del Rio made sure he got paid more than Carolina could reasonably offer. 

They just let marshall walk. Dante Wesley was allowed to walk for a comp pick, then came back the following season. Manning was allowed to leave because his game had been ruined by the rule changes. 

Godfrey was given a massive extension and then run out of town. 

You must be joking about losing Sherrod Martin

Everyone is a team guy until it comes time to get paid, really wish we renewed him in the summer where he would have easily taken 7m-10m per year which would have been a bargain.

19 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

nope.

You get 3 mil in cap space in 2020, another 10 in cap space in 2021. His salary is bigger than his cap hit. His deal was meant to be renegotiated after this season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/kawann-short-12325/

You also lose 17M in dead cap space. You’re not replacing KK for 3M Especially when the only other DT signed is Poe at 13M, which is too much. Kk will be here next year no matter what. 

If we hadn’t restructured it would be much easier. But we were paying either way. 

Agree with most, should have re-signed him during the off season. He's always been a good corner and those are hard enough to find, with flashes of greatness. Sucks it's going to cost so much now.