Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Untouchable

Bradberry Is Going To Be Costly

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Agree with most, should have re-signed him during the off season. He's always been a good corner and those are hard enough to find, with flashes of greatness. Sucks it's going to cost so much now. 

When you have a coach who doesn't value DB's, and a GM who doesn't have a spine this is what you get.

Gettleman signed Cam and Luke, which was unknown at the time.

Now Hurney 2.12 has to sign both Shaq and bradberry, plus the CBA is here to add confusion too. He took a risk by not signing either, now the panthers cap will pay the price. I foresee coming to a deal with one and tagging the other, my guess is Shaq needs a Luke contract and Bradberry gets tagged.  

27 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

nope.

You get 3 mil in cap space in 2020, another 10 in cap space in 2021. His salary is bigger than his cap hit. His deal was meant to be renegotiated after this season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/kawann-short-12325/

Don't think he's gone next season.

Get 3M in cap space, but carry 8.5 over the next two....much easier pill to swallow after the 2020 season.

All of this rides on the premise of us continuing to win, and Ron, Cam, and Marty keeping their jobs.  If that doesn't happen, all bets are off.

A trend in the NFL I can't stand is the "well that guy got this much" trend. If Bradberry wants to be the highest paid corner in the NFL then let him walk. Players need to realize just how much they handicap themselves by getting these mind boggling salaries; wouldn't you rather be on a competitive team making a little less than a trash team being paid the most? I'm sorry but the difference between $10 million and $15 million isn't going to leave you poor on the streets.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You also lose 17M in dead cap space. You’re not replacing KK for 3M Especially when the only other DT signed is Poe at 13M, which is too much. Kk will be here next year no matter what. 

yes, that's exactly what i said. the savings outweigh the penalties.

And where is the board on kk being good now i thought we were ready to move on

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Now Hurney 2.12 has to sign both Shaq and bradberry, plus the CBA is here to add confusion too. He took a risk by not signing either, now the panthers cap will pay the price. I foresee coming to a deal with one and tagging the other, my guess is Shaq needs a Luke contract and Bradberry gets tagged.  

Cam's deal was a REALLY good contract, and good timing....Luke's made me a little nervous, but he is, and has been the very best at his position in the NFL since he got here.

My hunch is the opposite of yours, I think that we likely pay BB, tag Shaq, and try to find a replacement for him in the draft or FA.

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I don't see Bradberry getting tagged at $15M+ next year. He's a good talent, but he's not franchise-tag good.

I've been against doing anything with Shaq before this year. He's shown that he is worthy of a contract, but again, I'm not sure he's worth a tag.

33 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You also lose 17M in dead cap space. You’re not replacing KK for 3M Especially when the only other DT signed is Poe at 13M, which is too much. Kk will be here next year no matter what. 

If we hadn’t restructured it would be much easier. But we were paying either way. 

I want to cut Poe after this year, dont see KK getting cut. KK would be the only DT on the team. Hurney will have to rebuild DT spots....... I member when it took him forever and ended up spending two 3s on Irvin and Fua...... Then he spent another 3rd on Terrell McClain, whom was cut the following year. 

Hope Hurney 2.36 can do better.

Edited by Basbear

3 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

I don't see Bradberry getting tagged at $15M+ next year. He's a good talent, but he's not franchise-tag good.

I've been against doing anything with Shaq before this year. He's shown that he is worthy of a contract, but again, I'm not sure he's worth a tag.

If he had 2 more INT's per year on average everyone on this board would have been jumping up and down in their seats to have signed him last year.

He is a VERY good corner, doesn't miss games, doesn't get a ton of penalties, keeps his mouth shut, and just does his job at a high level.  We should have paid him, but we are a pretty dumb team most of the time.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Cam's deal was a REALLY good contract, and good timing....Luke's made me a little nervous, but he is, and has been the very best at his position in the NFL since he got here.

My hunch is the opposite of yours, I think that we likely pay BB, tag Shaq, and try to find a replacement for him in the draft or FA.

My #1 item on my list for Gettleman was getting both Cam and Luke under a contract. Cams was 3rd at signing and now around 15 depending on how you view, one of the best bargains in the NFL. I didnt know for sure that Cam was staying, honestly thought it was 50/50-60/40. Now with injuries and all, its both very trade-able and cut worthy(dumb).

Luke was the highest at signing and was til this past off-season. Seems he did want go home and they had to sweeten the deal.  It would not surpise me if Shaqs' deal is higher, either here or else where. Hes only 25 and very little wear and tear. He can cover slot WRs, TEs, and RBs. He is the current NFL LB model. 

Carter and Smith are here, while not Shaqs level I like both. Just like when Norman leftd for 15 million and panthers paid Bradberry 1 million. Is Shaq 15x better than Carter/Smith? Norman was not 15x better than Bradberry. Hurney have may to evolve into 3.1 in order to sign both Bradberry and Shaq. 

18 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

yes, that's exactly what i said. the savings outweigh the penalties.

And where is the board on kk being good now i thought we were ready to move on

So you save 3M and create a giant hole. And just eat 17M? That’s not going to happen. 

18 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

If possible please go back and check his stats vs the #1s hes covered over the years. He holds most to 5 recs 50 yards or less, with a outlier of 12 recs 140 yards day.  He is tag good.

Shaq is everything teams want in a current NFL LB. 

Both are in the prime and 25/26 years old, you dont let those type free. 

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So you save 3M and create a giant hole. And just eat 17M? That’s not going to happen. 

This is not difficult to understand, jesus. 

He's a 20 mil cap hit in 2020 if he plays. Cutting him would cost 17 mil. You free up 3 mil.

In 2021, he's a 20 mil cap hit if he plays. Cutting him would be a 10 mil hit. You free up 10 mil. 

the weirdest thing is whatever is going on in 2022. I don't understand that.