Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Trade Deadline News

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Oh boy

I wouldn't mind giving them a call about Kyle Phillips. He's a UDFA rookie who has played pretty well for them. Think a younger version of Wes Horton.

They got him as a UDFA, maybe they'd flip him for a later rounder and consider it a win?

• Pie 1

I know this wouldn’t be popular in the slightest but if I’m Hurney and I know Cam isn’t coming back until after Green Bay at the earliest, I’d think long and hard about selling. We aren’t beating GB without Cam. So at minimum we’re at 4 losses in an extremely competitive conference with some tough games remaining. 

Teams are giving up a lot these days. It’s something that should at the very least be discussed

Hr and 30 minutes before deadline. Only to hear Marty's plan was to move up practice squad player. Lmao who thinks we are trading for a player. One player does not make this team a playoff team.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I know this wouldn’t be popular in the slightest but if I’m Hurney and I know Cam isn’t coming back until after Green Bay at the earliest, I’d think long and hard about selling. We aren’t beating GB without Cam. So at minimum we’re at 4 losses in an extremely competitive conference with some tough games remaining. 

Teams are giving up a lot these days. It’s something that should at the very least be discussed

Who would you sell that would be worth buying?

I'm not so sure that taking that route wouldn't just be Hurney setting the table for his replacement.

Albright tweeted the Jets and Skins are trying to fleece desperate fringe teams with the current asking prices.

smart teams staying firm for what it’s worth.

cant imbed the tweet for some reason 

Edited by Panthercougar68

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I'd trade anybody for the right price, but my idea of "the right price" is generally pretty high.

• Pie 2

We ain’t going to do poo... we going to sit back and watch everyone make moves to get better. “Answer is on the roster” Rivera won’t let us do anything. Don’t get hopes up. Little over an hour left and no word we’ve kicked tires on anyone

• Pie 4

Just now, Catufb85 said:

We ain’t going to do poo... we going to sit back and watch everyone make moves to get better. “Answer is on the roster” Rivera won’t let us do anything. Don’t get hopes up. Little over an hour left and no word we’ve kicked tires on anyone

It's what we do and why we lose. We need a LT in a bad way. 

This is probably a good time to mention that while deals have to be agreed upon prior to 4pm, they don't have to be announced.

Most will be, but there's often one or two that aren't announced until after the deadline.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who would you sell that would be worth buying?

I'm not so sure that taking that route wouldn't just be Hurney setting the table for his replacement.

I’m sure some teams would be interested in McCoy, Irvin, Olsen, Bradberry and Shaq are both free agents to be. Anyone on 1 year deals. 

If your plan isn’t to bring both (JB and ST) back then I’m of the belief you should get something for them before you lose them and get nothing. 

Edited by *FreeFua*

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

I’m sure some teams would be interested in McCoy, Irvin, Olsen, Bradberry and Shaq are both free agents to be. Anyone on 1 year deals. 

If your plan isn’t to bring both (JB and ST) back then I’m of the belief you should get something for them before you lose them and get nothing. 

Even if we lost them, we'd almost certainly be looking at a 3rd round comp pick so the trade would have to be for more than that.