Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Go DJ that's my DJ

Connecting the Dots on our Trade Target

Recommended Posts

I think at the moment we have a trade in place to send a second round pick to the redskins for Trent Williams. At the presser today Rivera stated that Hurney "had a plan" for the 53rd roster spot that we created by waving an offensive lineman earlier in the week. Not even an hour or two after those comments Rumors start to fly from the redskins camp that they are shopping Trent Williams and want a 1st for him. They will hold out hope for another team to walk thru that door with a higher pick but will probably be met by crickets. I hope that around 3-4 PM tomorrow we have our Stud LT for the future, not to mention depth for injury to occur and this group to not miss a beat. This is all just speculation. Feel free to add yours!

  • Pie 2
  • The D 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


as long as we dont trade a 1st. Nothing is worth trading a 1st for. fug that. Unless you want to tank your franchise for several years..

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, following what the Patriots, 9ers, Texans, etc are doing to better their roster right now to compete right now, we should make a move.  I don’t think it’ll happen but Ron never makes moves like this.  Trent Williams or a #1 WR or some secondary help would be ideal! Not holding my breathe.  That whole “don’t sacrifice your future with trading picks” should be out the window as Greg, Cam, Addison, and other vets are over the hill with health and age and we should be in a win now mode. CMC has been carrying this team along with the defense so far this season (aside from yesterday’s game) and they need help. My concern with CMC accounting for 56% of the offense has been in fear for his long term durability as Norv and Aron are running this man to death. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just dont see a) the Redskins actually dealing him and/or b) us winning a budding war for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

as long as we dont trade a 1st. Nothing is worth trading a 1st for. fug that.

Also worth noting that the skins say they have a 2nd round pick "on the table"

 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol.  Trent Williams? That isn’t the Panther way. 

Hurney’s plan most likely involves acquiring player X.  Upon hearing who player X is everyone will run to you tube, google, etc to find out who the fug it is. 

and I don’t think Tepper is going to allow Hurney deal a first or second round pick....as a repeat of last year (not out of the question) could mean a new house 

  • Pie 3
  • Flames 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

At this point, following what the Patriots, 9ers, Texans, etc are doing to better their roster right now to compete right now, we should make a move.  I don’t think it’ll happen but Ron never makes moves like this.  Trent Williams or a #1 WR or some secondary help would be ideal! Not holding my breathe.  That whole “don’t sacrifice your future with trading picks” should be out the window as Greg, Cam, Addison, and other vets are over the hill with health and age and we should be in a win now mode. CMC has been carrying this team along with the defense so far this season (aside from yesterday’s game) and they need help. My concern with CMC accounting for 56% of the offense has been in fear for his long term durability as Norv and Aron are running this man to death. 

Hard to be in win now mode when your QB is on the shelf and coach on the hot seat this season 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol.  Trent Williams? That isn’t the Panther way. 

Hurney’s plan most likely involves acquiring player X.  Upon hearing who player X is everyone will run to you tube, google, etc to find out who the fug it is. 

Im trying to stay optimistic, once 4 PM rolls around tomorrow and all we did was twiddle our thumbs then all bets are off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way I can see us making this kind of move is if the Greg Little concussion is far worse than the staff is letting on.

  • Pie 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The only way I can see us making this kind of move is if the Greg Little concussion is far worse than the staff is letting on.

This. Unless we have real concerns about Little's ability to continue playing football, I'd really rather not trade a 1st or 2nd round pick for an aging, injury prone LT.

  • Pie 5
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

as long as we dont trade a 1st. Nothing is worth trading a 1st for. fug that. Unless you want to tank your franchise for several years..

I don’t really agree with it.  

I mean is a first round pick for a legit and proven stud at a position of need not....not a better option than gambling for a player that may or may not be a stud? 

I don’t like trading draft picks for draft picks though 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

I think at the moment we have a trade in place to send a second round pick to the redskins for Trent Williams. At the presser today Rivera stated that Hurney "had a plan" for the 53rd roster spot that we created by waving an offensive lineman earlier in the week. Not even an hour or two after those comments Rumors start to fly from the redskins camp that they are shopping Trent Williams and want a 1st for him. They will hold out hope for another team to walk thru that door with a higher pick but will probably be met by crickets. I hope that around 3-4 PM tomorrow we have our Stud LT for the future, not to mention depth for injury to occur and this group to not miss a beat. This is all just speculation. Feel free to add yours!

gordon ramsey idiot GIF

  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don’t really agree with it.  

I mean is a first round pick for a legit and proven stud at a position of need not....not a better option than gambling for a player that may or may not be a stud? 

I don’t like trading draft picks for draft picks though 

Williams hasn't played 16 games since 2013. He's missed multiple games in every season since 2015. He's missed 13 games in the past three seasons, not even counting his holdout games this year. Now he's on the wrong side of 30 and hasn't played a game this season.

Sorry, I'm saying hard pass on Trent Williams if the price is a 1st or 2nd. We have an entire DL to rebuild.

  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...