Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Bronn

Bring in Colin Kaepernick, like weeks ago.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've gone 4-1 with our backup QB. What this roster desperately needs are some run stoppers because every decent running team has had their way on the ground against us 

This!

55 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Not much different than some of Cam's years, to be honest.     He wasn't benched for Gabbert for performance reasons.    Wake up.

Stat stuffed with literally no help?    You choose the other way around it for.... probably reasons.    The real truth is, he put some decent numbers DESPITE a terrible team.

Man I'm not even a fan of Kap on the field but these comments are just incorrect and ignorant.    I also don't think we should or shouldn't bring him in, just stating the obvious.    The best time would have been in preseason but our coaches and GM failed.   

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572076/article/niners-bench-colin-kaepernick-blaine-gabbert-to-start

No clearly not because of his performance.....

"Kaepernick is a clearly regressing quarterback who has struggled not only with the rudimentary passing elements such as accuracy, anticipation and touch, but also with protections, field vision and decision making. His startling lack of field vision and awareness in Week 8 was perhaps the last straw."

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572076/article/niners-bench-colin-kaepernick-blaine-gabbert-to-start

No clearly not because of his performance.....

"Kaepernick is a clearly regressing quarterback who has struggled not only with the rudimentary passing elements such as accuracy, anticipation and touch, but also with protections, field vision and decision making. His startling lack of field vision and awareness in Week 8 was perhaps the last straw."

That's the company line, but people that can read between the lines and remember what was happening then know that is probably not accurate.    

1 hour ago, KillaCamNewton said:

i love how it was like universally recognized before the kneeling that Kap was a 1 read QB who couldnt make every throw and needed an offense tailor made for his skillset and tons of talent around him and that once NFL defenses figured out the read option he wasnt really a threat anymore but ever since the whole collusion case the media pretends he could magically go to any team in need of QB help and make them a contender

Get that huddle conservative pie.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

How many years does he have to be out of football for this to stop? I feel like in a decade people will still be saying the same poo.

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

I just don’t get this. We aren’t winning a SB with Kap And he’s not a long term solution. Why not just continue to develop Kyle and see if he improves throughout the year, draft well, and be ready for 2020

I think we've seen enough of Allen to know that he's truly a backup, no matter how much we want him to be more. I guess I'll keep hoping like the rest of you "hopeless romantics." 

Also, remember Grier...

1 hour ago, Zaximus said:

I'm not saying yes or not to bringing him in, but this is incorrect.    He went like 16 TD - 4 INT with almost 60% completion his last season in limited time and with literally no help on either side of the football.     People can make whatever excuses they want but the reason he's not playing is NOT performance on the field.   

How many years ago was that?  He sucks and if he didnt he would be playing.

1 hour ago, GreensboroPirate said:

We should kick the tires on Marcus Mariota, and yes, even Jameis Winston this off season.

Both guys have obviously struggled, but they're with terrible franchises, and theoretically have high potential upside.  I'm skeptical we can find anyone with a mid 1st round pick.

Nick Foles would also be an option in a trade, since it looks like Minsh took his job.   Andy Dalton and Bridgewater are also probably upgrades over Allen.

But we need to see what we have in Grief first.

I agree. I’m pretty sure that Mariota, Winston or Dalton will be on our roster next year

2 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

I agree. I’m pretty sure that Mariota, Winston or Dalton will be on our roster next year

I'd rather draft somebody than go with any of those choices.

The only way I'd want any of that crowd is as a stopgap while we got a rookie or Will Grier ready to start.

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd rather draft somebody than go with any of those choices.

The only way I'd want any of that crowd is as a stopgap while we got a rookie or Will Grier ready to start.

I honestly want a QB in the 1st round. Even if we have to trade up for one. But I don’t see it happening bc like you mentioned in your last paragraph, we have Will Grier. That’s why I said I think one of those three QBs will be on this team next year. 

1 hour ago, Mvp2014 said:

Stat stuffed on a poo team.  What was his record on wins?  1-11?

year before he went 6tds-5ints in 9 games.  Hes trash

Dumb. Wins are a team statistic... kyle allen is 5-1 as a starter does that mean he's better than kap 2

We have Cam contract coming up soon and 2 QBs that need to be looked at. Unless you think Karp is taking this team to the playoffs, and I mean deep run, you have to stay with Allen and Grier so you know how to proceed in the offseason and next year in the event Cam doesnt return from this injury. 

2 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

I honestly want a QB in the 1st round. Even if we have to trade up for one. But I don’t see it happening bc like you mentioned in your last paragraph, we have Will Grier. That’s why I said I think one of those three QBs will be on this team next year. 

We might not be in an optimal position to draft a quarterback first round unless we trade up.

This could be one of those years where we're not good enough to make it into the playoffs but good enough to spike our draft position out of the top ten to fifteen.