Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Rapoport: Rivera the hottest coaching candidate

Honestly, I think he'll have success wherever he goes. He's a good coach. I just don't think he'll have the talent he's had here elsewhere. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We traded the number one to Cincy in 95 for the number five pick and some others. They got Ki-Jana Carter who got injured in preseason and I'm not sure ever played a single down. We got Kerry Collins who looked okay for a year or two then decided his heart wasn't in it...at least not playing for us.

Boy, was that a productive trade.

I mean I get you...I think we have to start looking for a franchise QB immediately.  They are hard to find and there are no guarantees on Cam.

The arguments on both sides of Rivera seem to average out... which is exactly what we had.  There's probably a market out there for teams that would be happy to get back to average.  

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Of course he is.  Which is why if Tepper doesn't hit a home run with the next hire he's going to look like a reactionary idiot.  Especially if his judgement was based on a season in which we were essentially starting a rookie QB and had more than half of our lines go down with injury.

if....if

embrace the change.

6 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Honestly, I think he'll have success wherever he goes. He's a good coach. I just don't think he'll have the talent he's had here elsewhere. 

42EC61F7-CCF0-439A-BB7D-695375288077.jpeg

Edited by billionairemonk
formatting

Rapoport: Rivera the hottest coaching candidate

kRzGKG4.gif

Please, Jerry Jones... DO IT.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

kRzGKG4.gif

(This post gave me so much pleasure that I double-Heston'ed.)

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, beo said:

prior to his franchise qb getting injured he had an alltime record of 70-47-1, including getting 5 wins with a UDFA backup qb.

Golly, I wonder why his QB became so injury prone after 8 to 9 years of being coached by Rivera?

Gee, ITS JUST A DAMN MYSTERY HOW SUCH A THING COULD HAVE HAPPENED.

20 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Golly, I wonder why his QB became so injury prone after 8 to 9 years of being coached by Rivera?

Gee, ITS JUST A DAMN MYSTERY HOW SUCH A THING COULD HAVE HAPPENED.

i know, ron shouldve built up the oline more. what a garbage gm

Lovie smith was a hot name too after he got fired, norv Turner was once upon a moon too, so was john fox.  Hell, when I was a kid I remember mike Ditka coming back to new Orleans was gonna change everything.  He may be good somewhere else, and honestly I wish that for him, but it still doesn't mean it wasnt time for us to move on.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:57 PM, beo said:

prior to his franchise qb getting injured he had an alltime record of 70-47-1, including getting 5 wins with a UDFA backup qb.

Rivera was fired because his defense was utter trash. If the D was performing and the O was struggling, he prob would have been retained. When your specialty is defense and your run defense is last in the league (with the most expensive D line in the league) then you deserve to get canned.

The truth is, Ron can’t get it done without great coordinators like McDermont. 

Some of you forget even coaches have agents. Sure Rivera will have interviews and has a good chance of another HC gig next year if the chips fall right but this hype is the same as McDaniels or Sherman, fantasticly dramatic. This nonsense is the same as draft time where everyone is a star and future stud and the when its time to prove it the duds start separating  from the facts. Hell, where's the Cower hype? That is a fun one too.

Good DC and meh as a HC. He could help raise up a dumpster fire but he is increasingly growing more outdated and out of touch.

One thing I've noticed. Any sort of announcement or greeting that doesn't come out from the Panthers always comes out from Ron and Stephanie, really just Ron.

Again, for whatever else you may think about the man's coaching ability, his life priorities are in order.

On 12/5/2019 at 10:30 AM, Korda1981 said:

Rivera would be a good choice for the browns.That team needs discipline and Rivera would get that team straighting up and stop with the boneheaded stuff they do exp mayfield.

Not sure where Rivera gets the reputation as a disciplinarian. Outside of one incident with a tie, I don't remember any other discipline actions. 

He was a player's coach and I think that is part of the reason that he's gone now. The players were just not really responding to him. Oh, they love him, because he pretty much lets them do what they want.

• Pie 1

Side Note: Odd wording.

Doesn't likely mean anything about Newton, mind you, just an odd choice of words.

Granted, could be a little bit of a dig at Tepper and the Panthers.

• Pie 1