Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Forty-Eight

Panthers will draft a QB in Round 1

Just now, Cracka McNasty said:

Chill with the name calling Children or you're going to Time out...

I’m sorry. But are there children roaming around this forum too? Thought it’d be adults only

Just now, Forty-Eight said:

I’m sorry. But are there children roaming around this forum too? Thought it’d be adults only

The way this board behaves sometimes, I don't even know these days. 

2 hours ago, Forty-Eight said:

QB > OL

Never seen an OL win a SB before 

How many SB winning QB's have you seen getting sacked 6 times a game or pressured 80% of dropbacks? 

Edited by PantherPhann89
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Having many SB winning QB's have you seen getting sacked 6 times a game or pressured 80% of dropbacks? 

Luck had his career cut short by injuries largely caused by shoddy OLs and Cam has basically lost three seasons of his career due to injuries largely caused by shoddy OLs.

Continuing to throw major QB investments out there behind shoddy OLs is like buying a new Benz for the demolition derby.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

Real shot of Panthers O line 

download.jpg.287506fe23d6c53688d6443a9625f6ae.jpg

Sad thing is...I think the colts blocked this play up better than we do on average.

6 hours ago, Forty-Eight said:

Everyone knows we will. Only stupid panthers fan don’t seem to realize so

Yeah... I'm not saying definitively that we won't draft a qb, because I don't have any idea who will make the decision and what they will be thinking, but aside from the fact there is literally no way the person who made this mock could know either, my experience in 25 years of following the Panthers and national mock drafts is that because the people who make them pay only passing attention to our team, any given mock is more likely to be wildly off base about not just who we draft, but even what position and why, than not.

I would not offer any mock draft done at a national level as any sort of evidence of what we will do, but that's just me.

• Beer 1

If the team feels like Cam is 100% draft an O-liineman if hes the best player on the board

If not  draft a Qb only if you feel like hes a franchise guy

Dont draft a Qb because you need a Qb

Imagine the threads of we get  a Jp lospman .EJ Manuel or Josh Rosen 

Going with the idea of naming a qb that became a success in the nfl

Look up last Alabama qb, or Saban coached qb that was a successful nfl qb.. Tua is not all who I would gamble on with this injury to risky for me.

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Luck had his career cut short by injuries largely caused by shoddy OLs and Cam has basically lost three seasons of his career due to injuries largely caused by shoddy OLs.

Continuing to throw major QB investments out there behind shoddy OLs is like buying a new Benz for the demolition derby.

but what about if i put that benz out front of my trailer?  to class it up.

something i've seen thrown around on this board that i don't believe.    if a qb is good he can overcome a oline issue.  he won't get ruined because of it.  if he's good it will show through.  some people think that failed qb's would fail no matter what team they would have gone to.   i don't believe that at all.   yeah some qb's may fall in the 'would fail' no matter where they went, but coaching and development matter.   along with that goes o-line.   having a good line matters.  

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Forty-Eight said:

QB > OL

Never seen an OL win a SB before 

You haven't?

You don't need a franchise QB to win a SB if you have a dominant O-line........there are plenty examples of that..........give me the foundation before you build the penthouse view...........

On the other hand there are plenty examples of great QB's looking very pedestrian if their Oline can't block for them.......

Kyle Allen, is probably a career backup at best...but a top Oline could make him look Brady like......................ever see Tom play a game where he didn't get Oline protection?...........he makes Allen look like a starter.

• Beer 1

I think we only draft one in the first if a talent like Tua or Burrow (won’t happen in a million years) falls to us. Outside of that we roll with Cam with Grier/Allen/FA/late round pick behind him. If Cam doesn’t work out next year there are already several qb prospects in Fields and Lawrence who we can look at. I’m with most people in saying we beef up our trenches this offseason. I mean Tepper said last year how important it was and it’s why we drafted Burns and Little.

10 hours ago, Forty-Eight said:

Aside from Cam Newton, name an Auburn QB who was successful in the NFL

Jason Campbell - 9 years in the NFL is pretty successful.

That aside, as other have said, our issue is not at QB, our issue is that both our OLine and DLine have been terrible this year.  Look no further than Nick Foles.  The guy is a career backup, but in 2018 he looked like a starter behind a really good Philly OLine.  Oh, and he won a SB.  So yea.  A QB who can succeed behind a crap line is a LOT harder to find than an OLine that makes an average QB look good.

• Poo 1