Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

CMAC22

How Attractive is this Carolina Panthers Job?

Opinions guys how attractive is this Carolina Panthers job? Let's compare it to the other potential openings will have this off-season with Dallas, Atlanta, Cleveland, NY Giants, Jacksonville, Washington. Thoughts?

Throw in that since we're due for a rebuild, if you're a coach that wants to shape the team in your own image, you'll have that chance.

New owner who will do what it takes. Franchise players in CMC and Luke. Young talent in Moore,  Burns and possible Bradberry (if resigned). Descent amount of cap space. Option to try Cam for a year or trade him and save another $20. Expectations won’t be as high as in Dallas. I’d say it looks pretty attractive...

• Pie 1

If it is or not, Tepper will for sure make it attractive with the type of money he'll offer.

Also location isnt that bad.  Usually good weather and dont have to deal with the bitter cold of the Northern teams. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

For the record, I don't think you can factor Cam Newton into the value.

His status is unknown and definitely not guaranteed.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 3

I would also say a new coach will have atleast 3 years with the team. That is unless he really stinks or he doesnt gel with Tepper or the GM. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Yeah, the fact that Tepper has talked about being patient is likely something that prospective coaches will pay attention to.

(while also acknowledging that he fired Ron Rivera in season)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It will be an attractive job, although the roster needs some major work, there are some incredible pieces to build from on both sides of the ball.

tepper will pay your ass to coach cam, luke, burns, and some other pretty good mfers and not live in coal-colored snow piles in the stadium parking lot half the year. i'd say it's a good ass job

• Pie 4

What other teams are going to fire their head coach? Right now I'd probably say we're the best option for anyone looking to make the jump to head coach but it's seems more likely that the Cowboys are going to fire Jason Garrett and they have less holes on their roster then we do at the moment 

Edited by Jus Rob
  • Pie 1

So many question marks and no QB.  Defense is gutted and fans are annoyed at mediocrity.  In a division with dominant Saints team.  If you're young and have something to prove, could be a good springboard but a proven coach isn't walking into this dumpster fire.