Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

NanuqoftheNorth

205,000+ sign petition to remove Vick as Pro Bowl captain

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Stop being obtuse, you are better than this.

im just trying to lock down how he is actually being glorified from this? 

16 minutes ago, rodeo said:

michael vick is in essence, the anti-kaepernick. vick is scum, he has no character, adds nothing of value to culture and never did. yet after his horrific crime, he became deferential. he lowered his head to the NFL and 'paid his debts to society' (he didn't actually, he never served real time, his sentence was waved because he was rich and famous). and because he became deferential, groveling, and properly submissive, he was given another chance immediately in the NFL.

colin kaepernick is a good person, he has strength of character, he has vision and goals and ambitions and he has made great contributions to the country and culture. but he keeps his head high, he has a fro, he tells the truth, and he doesn't grovel, and as a result he's out of the league and will never play another snap because in the eyes of the NFL, his "crime" of being a proud and vocal black man is worse than vick's crime of being a psychopath but a properly subservient black man.

Lousy analogy

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, TheBlue said:

How many players in the NFL are selected as Pro Bowl Captains?

Do you not view it as a position of honor?

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

How many players in the NFL are selected as Pro Bowl Captains?

Do you not view it as a position of honor?

its a figure head position tbqh. i assign to it 0 importance. 10 years from now no one will be like:

"you guys remember mike vick?

"you mean the dog slayer?"

"no! i mean one of the 2020 nfl pro bowl legends team captains!"

of course not. thats ridiculous. he will always be known as mike vick the dog slayer. 

this means nothing.

4 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

its a figure head position tbqh. i assign to it 0 importance. 10 years from now no one will be like:

"you guys remember mike vick?

"you mean the dog slayer?"

"no! i mean one of the 2020 nfl pro bowl legends team captains!"

of course not. thats ridiculous. he will always be known as mike vick the dog slayer. 

this means nothing.

Well in that case, the NFL removing him as Pro Bowl Capt won't be an issue with you.

Good to know.

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Well in that case, the NFL removing him as Pro Bowl Capt won't be an issue with you.

Good to know.

you are right. i dont care one way or the other. he is branded for life as a dog slayer and rightfully so. this doesnt change that.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, TheBlue said:

it's pretty simple. the NFL should have no involvement with him whatsoever. he doesn't play in the league and he's a person of horrible character. all ties should be cut permanently. 

• Pie 1

mike is actually an animal advocate now.   he came from a culture of poverty and violence.  dog fighting was normal.  up here people still have cock fights.   he's been open and honest about it and he has changed.   i think that's a good thing. that he's worked to stop the practice is a good thing too.  whatever your reaction to him fine, but i can forgive the man and not forgive the act because he's made a turnaround.  this was started by peta, who would like to take away your dog and think you're a pos slave keeper for having one.  anyway, i hope some of y'all can look at the personal changes he's made and be proud of him for that.  its not where you start...

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, bull123 said:

Lousy analogy

it's not an analogy you dumb hick. log off and go eat some glue

9 hours ago, TheBlue said:

same people mad about vick are the ones mad at kap kneeling imo. they are more up in arms about dogs than black lives getting slaughtered by police. 

That might be the dumbest thing ever written on this board.

if Vick got caught killing dogs now he wouldn't be back in the league in 2 years like he did. dumb to compare it to kaep imo.

12 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

That might be the dumbest thing ever written on this board.

i guess you dont read your own posts

13 hours ago, Gesualdo said:

it's pretty simple. the NFL should have no involvement with him whatsoever. he doesn't play in the league and he's a person of horrible character. all ties should be cut permanently. 

that doesnt answer the question though..