Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

I have to admit it's kind of hard to believe there are still people defending him.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

@SmartyHurney love the poo but I’d be really interested in your thoughts on the wasted money and complete ignore job on both interior lines. We went for pass rush and tackles and yet those tackles appear to be hurt and kind of suck against good pass rush teams. You actually feel good about spending $60M on Short, Shaq, Poe, Paradis and Turner next year? I’d love to hear your thoughts on why you like that so much.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Seriously, do we need the same thread every few days?

Hurney may be demoted, and may ultimately be fired, but whatever happens won't be until January at the earliest.

Grier pick was awful, but I blame Tepper for not cleaning house the second he bought this franchise. His first move should have been getting rid of Rivera and Hurney.

• Pie 1

The last time Hurney built a roster that had a winning season fuging George W. Bush was still President.  Most of his career has consisted of poo that looks good on paper but sadly had a losing season because of "injuries" or some other random excuse.  He needs to be gone.  fug he should have never been hired back.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

18 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

the roster is garbage and he should be held accountable

It really is. I just don’t get the people jumping through hoops to defend him. Hate Gettleman or not, we were a playoff team in 4 of his 5 years. He made bad decisions but those teams never quit. Even when they were 6-10 in 2016 with a ridiculous amount of OL issues (3 different  Cs and only Norwell stayed in one position) and Gano blowing multiple games, we got embarrassed 1 time (tie gate with Cam at Seattle) like our Hurney and Ron teams have 3 times in the past 6 weeks. We went from an 11-5 playoff team without WRs that almost won at NO even with a missed 20 yard FG and a poo WR crew. Yes, I don’t give Hurney that year because Dave and Ron ran the entire offseason.

Hurney with Ron (or Ron’s chosen guys) are now 25-38 and looking worse every week. After we went 51-28-1, it really sucks to watch. We’ve lose 6+ games in a row twice in the past two year. In 5 Gettleman/Ron years we had 1 4 game losing streak in our 6-10 2016 season. We won two straight after losing big to Seattle in 2016. The past two years after losing big, we lost 6 more and this year we’ve lost 5 more and counting. We could finish this year with a 9 game losing streak if we play our cards right unless the Saints roll over like last year although Teddy looks way better than he did last year.

Damn, 2016 was an outright dream year compared to the losing streaks we’ve had the last two years.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Someone thought jackson was a starter. What a joke. Tepper fired the wrong guy

Just now, RumHam said:

Someone thought jackson was a starter. What a joke. Tepper fired the wrong guy

Jackson is the cornerback version of Freddie Mitchell.  All he does is talk poo and flex while getting roasted.

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

the roster is garbage and he should be held accountable

I don't think the roster is "garbage." I think we have a bunch of young guys playing ahead of their time who're in a bad situation due to injuries. And, I also don't believe the defensive scheme change did us any favors.

Of course, the biggest reason why we're in this predicament is that our franchise QB ain't been right for a long while now.

CMC, Thomas, Moore, Burns & even players like Carter, Haynes, & even Miller show NFL-level talent. Throw in Samuel who G-man picked, and our roster is much better than "garbage."

It's way too early to be making definitive statements on Little or Daley too. Way too early!

I get that some of you guys are all EMO, but I'd like to think that y'all haven't lost all objectivity. 

Scot & I seem like the only ones taking it all in stride (& we don't agree on everything). Of the old heads, that is.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1