Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Captain Morgan

Donte sharing his thoughts

7 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Here were Donte Jackson’s full comments on the two TDs, for context.

ELTFCzVXsAg5FvE.jpg

ELTFCzUXkAA56Wb.jpg
0 replies0 retweets3 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Yeah, that's a pretty clear "everybody's fault but mine" rant.

Jonathan Jones is right.

24 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

You beat my thread so let's use this one. 

JJ making a nice point too.  Even when cornered and tried to be talked to by vets last year he bucked back. Always thought Olsen's comments a couple weeks ago about guys rather looking the part than playing hard had to probably do with Donte in some way.  Looks like a classic case where the confidence in himself is more hubris than anything. 

I need to look back at the play but that tackle effort on the 90-yarder by him was horrible.

All out blitz or not, terrible coverage and terrible tackle by him.

It's not his first shoddy tackling effort either.

E- After reading his breakdown, he's right. He was beat from the start on that route. He'd have to gamble and have the hardest read to jump.to tje opposite hash to cover that post.

Still a horrible tackle angle.

Edited by Rags

2 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

also Donte is easily the most talented DB on this roster. lacks discipline and needs to be coached up.

Exactly my thoughts! He has above average NFL talent, but lacks serious discipline. Someone needs to take him to task for a lack of fundamentals and sit his ass on the bench if necessary. Less talk and more action! Undisciplined Donte!

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Exactly my thoughts! He has above average NFL talent, but lacks serious discipline. Someone needs to take him to task for a lack of fundamentals and sit his ass on the bench if necessary. Less talk and more action! Undisciplined Donte!

he really reminds me of Norman. and he's a year younger than Norman was his rookie year. hope he matures and someone in the locker room can get through to him because he has so much potential.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Seriously, Donte?

You know, Zacchaeaus was a wee little man (5'8 to be exact), not to mention being an undrafted little man, but he took it to the house today... over you.

Jackson ain't the biggest dude, he just has the biggest mouth.

He should concentrate on less commentary and more consistency

• Beer 1

No responsibility, No loyalty. Under no circumstances do you throw your team, let alone your coaches under the bus. This is a team sport. 

14 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

also Donte is easily the most talented DB on this roster. lacks discipline and needs to be coached up.

Agree. I actually think he’d be good with the right coach and scheme.

Donte has got some work to do.  The talent is there, but he's very raw.  I do agree with him though.  The scheme and playcalling have not been good all years.  It's a collaborative sh*tshow.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, that's a pretty clear "everybody's fault but mine" rant.

Jonathan Jones is right.

Clear as mud.  Your bias is showing.  But that’s my last comment on the issue.  A young man is angry after being embarrassed.  Shocker!  I’m sure coaches put him in the best position to succeed.. pffft.

5 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

he really reminds me of Norman. and he's a year younger than Norman was his rookie year. hope he matures and someone in the locker room can get through to him because he has so much potential.

He reminds me nothing of Norman. Norman possessed great technique and was bigger. Dante is faster, smaller, and way less polished.

Just now, BurnHurnBurn said:

Clear as mud.  Your bias is showing.  But that’s my last comment on the issue.  A young man is angry after being embarrassed.  Shocker!  I’m sure coaches put him in the best position to succeed.. pffft.

A lot of people are.

This is a poor way to handle it.

eric washington is exactly as he good as he was last year, and we decided to keep him.

• Pie 1