Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

PanthersBigD

Ghostbusters Afterlife

18 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Just when you thought the all-female version was weak ... they make an all kids version.

It makes sense, really. They're appealing to the original fans; the kids are surrogates for the original audience who watched the movies when they were kids and teens.

Another series starring current comedians, it would just be another attempt to start rebooted Ghostbusters franchise, and it would be received as poorly as the all-female version. This, I think, is the right way to go about it. You can't replace the original 5 (including Ivan Reitman). You just can't. Their chemistry was lightning in a bottle. So the best thing you can do is make a love letter to the original.

• Pie 1

I tried to watch the all female version and I had to punch out half way through it was horrid. 

Trailer looks good on this I will give it a go see what happens.

Edited by PurityControl
  • Flames 1

I think it will work for the same reasons a movie like Creed works. It’s a continuation, not a remake, and the old actors play old people. No one would believe Rocky could still fight,  but coming back to coach his friend’s son is believable and hits all the right emotional buttons. I think they’ll employ Ray, Peter and Winston in a similar way. 

SWJ has taken over all franchises, so why should I care? what has Bill Murray done lately? other than Cubs games, or a paycheck?

15 minutes ago, Jangler said:

SWJ has taken over all franchises, so why should I care? what has Bill Murray done lately? other than Cubs games, or a paycheck?

This one has kids in it, so I figured your creepy ass would be all over it. Probably better if you don't watch it anyway. 

11 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

This one has kids in it, so I figured your creepy ass would be all over it. Probably better if you don't watch it anyway. 

ha.ha.ha.

yes, kids are what adults hide behind to make their arguments nowadays.

A lot less creepy than your reason for getting behind kids.

• Flames 1

On 12/11/2019 at 11:34 AM, Captroop said:

A lot less creepy than your reason for getting behind kids.

thanks for the continued propaganda.

23 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

Propaganda isn't verifiable. 

lol losing in the senate will prove that one wrong.