Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

mc52beast

Pats tape shows 8 minutes of Bengals sideline footage

15 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Sure you can. This isn’t a legal matter in a court of law.  Goodell has broad authority to enforce league rules, especially when violations threaten the integrity of the game. Goodell isn’t bound to any “beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt” standard, only his own judgement, and in this case using his discretion to ban BB for life would be entirely justified just on protecting the integrity of the game.  Common sense tells anyone who’s not a complete Pats homer that of course he knew. His track record makes believing otherwise dangerously naive.

Now whether Gooddell will or would actually do so is another matter, but he could if he were inclined and he would be completely justified.

I wonder if it could be a legal matter in a court of law at some point. A lot of betting happens on NFL games, and if the NFL/Goodell knowingly covered up cheating, which could affect the outcome of games, it could be a problem. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually, the Personal Conduct policy doesn't require proof, just a credible belief that something might have happened.

Okay, keep expecting Belicheck to get banned for the belief something might have happened.  I'll be waiting to see if more evidence is found first.

Genius.  It's a set up for a bigger payoff. I don't think the Bengals were the real target.  It's going to be the Bills next week at Pittsburgh.  

You set the precedent at the Browns/Bengals game.  They get noticed on purpose.  Either no one cares and they move on to their real target, the Bills.  Or they get noticed and play like bumbling dolts, seemingly no way they would be that bold.  Powers that be brush it off and with the footage confiscated, they get to go to Pittsburgh to "re-film" the segment. 

Further proof that the NFL is going to allow the Ravens to be the AFC team vs. Brees and the Saints in the Super Bowl.

They'll make right with the Saints from the PI stuff last year, and give Brees his storybook ending, and will do exactly to Lamar Jackson's career what they did to Cam Newton's.

Wait and see.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Destroying the original tapes was always super fishy. There's no reason to destroy them other than to prevent the full scope of the cheating ever coming to light.

You know for a fact that the evidence was so damning that if the media and public had gotten wind it would have been a scandal of historic proportions for the NFL. It would have clearly exposed how little integrity that there was at the time.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

You know for a fact that the evidence was so damning that if the media and public had gotten wind it would have been a scandal of historic proportions for the NFL. It would have clearly exposed how little integrity that there was at the time.

Probably so. There would probably have been a public outcry to completely destroy the Pats entire organization.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably so. There would probably have been a public outcry to completely destroy the Pats entire organization.

The NFL always protects itself, regardless of the integrity of the games themselves. 

why exactly is this a problem?  someone please tell me what i'm missing.  if the signals are being given so players on the field can see them, then the other team can see them. filming them and reviewing the tapes after the game doesn't help during the game. the video would have to be live for the coaches during the game for there to be an advantage which doesn't make sense because they could just look at the other sideline to see the signals.

Edited by billionairemonk
formatting

17 minutes ago, billionairemonk said:

why exactly is this a problem?  someone please tell me what i'm missing.  if the signals are being given so players on the field can see them, then the other team can see them. filming them and reviewing the tapes after the game doesn't help during the game. the video would have to be live for the coaches during the game for there to be an advantage which doesn't make sense because they could just look at the other sideline to see the signals.

Because the NFL very specifically forbids it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because the NFL very specifically forbids it.

so, instead of filming, they could hire people with excellent vision and this is moot?  not intending to be argumentative, trying to understand the rules from others who know more about them than me.

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Btw guys, they're not going to take away their SB wins and award them to the loser. The best they can do is just add an asterisk on each win, which is fine by me. What I would also really like to see for the long term, is a lifetime ban from the HOF for Brady and Belicheat. For short term, take away their first round picks for at least the next 2-3 years.

...and actually the more I think about it, the more I think a first round pick should be taken away for each SB win. So take away their first round picks for the next 6 years.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, billionairemonk said:

so, instead of filming, they could hire people with excellent vision and this is moot?  not intending to be argumentative, trying to understand the rules from others who know more about them than me.

The problem with trying to steal signals/signs is not all the signs are legitimate.  So reviewing them from memory is probably going to yield limited results for most people.  But looking at tapes over and over, and comparing the various gestures to the play that was actually run will eventually lead to finding what the indicator signal or hot signal is, as well as decoding the rest.

"Look, whenever the coach grabs his crotch, the very next signal is the hot one.....unless he grabs his crotch again after he is done.  Oh wait, I think he was playing with himself that time.  Never mind.  And if he picks his nose after grabbing his crotch, that is always a quick slant."

• Pie 2