Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Tepper and McDaniels "on each other's radar"

One thing everybody should probably keep in mind with regard to the next hire.

Tepper has said that he wants a guy who will coach for 20 years like they do in Pittsburgh. So you can expect whoever it is to be given a lot of patience and a lot of time to establish himself.

Basically, whoever we hire is gonna be here for a while.

People either forget, or are not aware, that after McD was fired in Denver, he was offensive coordinator for the Rams for one year (2011)

They were ranked 31st in yards, and 32nd in points scored that year.  Sure Sam Bradford was their quarterback, but people have done much better with far worse QBs.  The year before McDaniels was hired, Pat Shurmur was the Rams OC and they had a league average offense with the same roster and QB.

He's been an abject failure everywhere he's gone outside of NE, and is not a leader of men.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/McDaJo0.htm

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tepper has said that he wants a guy who will coach for 20 years like they do in Pittsburgh. So you can expect whoever it is to be given a lot of patience and a lot of time to establish himself.

If they cant win, they're not going to be here 20 years

generally, personnel from the bilicheat tree dont come to fruition ...but i'd take a flyer on him...if u aint cheatin you aint tryin..

The insiders that I trust say this has zero traction.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

... for about a year and a half now, according to Albert Breer on WFNZ today.

Breer also explained that the departure from Indianapolis came because during the process, McDaniels and Colts GM Chris Ballard came to understand they had very different ideas on their vision for the team going forward.

Thus, it'd be important to McDaniels that he and whoever is in leadership in Carolina would see eye-to-eye.

Oh hi, Nick Caserio. You've met Josh, right?

You mean like they are going on a date?

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

No idea if he would be the best choice, but if I was Tepper I’d make sure I sat down with Matt Rhule. 

McDaniels isn't my top or even second choice. But like usual I will hope the Panthers know what they are doing and make a good choice. If that is who they want, then I hope they are right.

5 hours ago, !stUp said:

Exactly. Matt Patricia is certainly not tearing it up in .Motown

But it’s Motown,..

Detroit is like the Browns.

go there to die

Ultimately Dave Tepper is going to pick someone.

no matter who that is, I expect a total explosion.

every single choice out there has like 5-10% that will say they love it, 20-30% that will say they are watching reserved and the last 60-75% are going to hate anyone hired. It’s just what happens.

6 hours ago, countryboi said:

What Pats coordinators have had any success outside of the patriots eco system?

Bill O'Brian has been the HC for Houston Texans since 2014. Since then, the Texans has had only 1 losing season in 6 years, including this year (2019)

13 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Bill O'Brian has been the HC for Houston Texans since 2014. Since then, the Texans has had only 1 losing season in 6 years, including this year (2019)

That’s a good counter point, but the overall view of NE coordinators is that they’ve underperformed in most cases.  Weis, Crennell, McDaniels, Patricia, have all been less that what their clubs had hoped for.  

I believe it’s just a lot of anxiety over getting this correct.  It’s the most important hire in our young history.  It will set the tone for Teppers reign.