Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

Panthers Beat Writer on the current stage in the HC search

If we hire McCarthy I've pretty much lost all faith in the Tepper era. He seems like the antithesis to what Tepper has claimed to want in a HC.

It’s going to be Josh McDaniels. Expect it to be announced after the Patriots are out of the playoffs. And when it happens remember I told you it would. 

I hope to god it's not McCarthy. Yes I realize he has a SB ring as a coach, but even then he won it with a Rodgers before his prime, he couldn't do it multiple times even with Rodgers in his prime. :/ That speaks volumes to me. 

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I gotta be honest . . . I don't get the McDaniels love.

The dude is 11 - 17 as a head coach.  His Denver teams were 20th and 19th in points scored.

As a coordinator in St Louis (now Los Angeles) Rams the team was DEAD FREAKING LAST in points scored.

He's basically failed everywhere except where Tom Brady was his QB.

Man, I don't trust anybody in New England.  Not because of the massive cheating allegations, but because Brady covers up so much mediocrity with his absolute otherworldly play.

Exactly. If your qb just throws the ball to the receiver no matter what, almost any scheme looks good.

37 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s going to be Josh McDaniels. Expect it to be announced after the Patriots are out of the playoffs. And when it happens remember I told you it would. 

Can we remember you said it if you’re wrong?

I really really don’t want it to be McDorkface.

17 minutes ago, BrianS said:

The dude is 11 - 17 as a head coach.  His Denver teams were 20th and 19th in points scored.

As a coordinator in St Louis (now Los Angeles) Rams the team was DEAD FREAKING LAST in points scored.

Man, I don't trust anybody in New England.  Not because of the massive cheating allegations, but because Brady covers up so much mediocrity with his absolute otherworldly play.

To be fair, lots of guys who didn't do so great on their first head coaching stint did a lot better their second time around.

Marv Levy is one example. And of course, there's that guy McDaniels works for.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's interesting.

Maybe that’s Josh’s agent pushing these Panthers rumors, and not the team...

26 minutes ago, BrianS said:

McCarthy would like you to kiss the ring when you get a min

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

Maybe that’s Josh’s agent pushing these Panthers rumors, and not the team...

Ben Volin confirmed we inquired about both McDaniels and Caserio last offseason before deciding to stand pat.

55 minutes ago, TheRed said:

McCarthy is too much Rivera for my liking. Seems like the offensive version. The whole "me and my coaching buds still talk shop on the regular" thing gives me vibes of Ron and his penchant for keeping his cronies around. If you're out of a job and still that loyal to your pals it's a red flag for me. We don't need more of that poo. Bring in someone hungry to create a staff full of guys who are great at what they do, not great at kissing the head coaches ass and telling him what he wants to hear.

I was kinda neutral maybe leaning towards not interested in McCarthy but I’m buying what you’re selling here. This makes sense to me and makes me want McCarthy less.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

None have been speculated so far.

I suppose they could interview Fewell, but that could be construed as just lip service to the rule.

Technically, Fewell is interviewing as we speak. 

McCarthy would already be hired if they did extensive research on him and liked him I would think, or there would at least be a lot of buzz around the idea. No way we would hire McCarthy that would be a terrible hire and would be a downgrade to Rivera.

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

McCarthy would already be hired if they did extensive research on him and liked him I would think, or there would at least be a lot of buzz around the idea. No way we would hire McCarthy that would be a terrible hire and would be a downgrade to Rivera.

Research doesn't guarantee an interview though.

They're likely gonna research a lot of guys on whom they'll ultimately pass on in favor of others.

Maybe they meant that when they were taking a "hard look" at McCarthy that they were openly mean mugging him. 

James Harden GIF by ESPNAngry Watch Out GIF by Power

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Maybe they meant that when they were taking a "hard look" at McCarthy that they were openly mean mugging him. 

James Harden GIF by ESPNAngry Watch Out GIF by Power

Conisdering there have been other national writers etc who have said theyve had sources say McCarthy's name had been circulating around the building even as far back as the weeks prior to Rivera's firing

Plus he is "saying the right things" 

which I pointed out how Hurney has talked Tepper into convincing he's the right guy.