Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

McDaniels interview moved to Monday?

New York Post reporting that McDaniels will interview in New York on either Monday or Wednesday.

McDaniels interview moved up after Patriots loss

Still haven't heard anything much from Panthers sources but both the Browns and Giants reporters have said those interviews will happen earlier than originally expected. Gotta believe it'll probably happen here too.

If I’m Tepper I keep the Friday date to have the final sales pitch. If the rumors are true that McDaniels is 1 on his list. Knock out a deal over the weekend and start preparing for the senior bowl and shrine games.

5 hours ago, Smithers said:

Yep.  Those were two very different teams.  Hell didn’t McDaniels have Kyle Orton as his QB?

Actually he had Kyle Orton, The Golden Calf of Bristol, and Brady Quinn.

He was fired and replaced by John Fox who actually released Kyle Orton and went with The Golden Calf of Bristol as the starting QB.  That was the season they made the playoffs and shocked the Steelers in OT guided by The Golden Calf of Bristol.  That was The Golden Calf of Bristol's most glorious NFL moment.

• Pie 1

I have convinced myself that McDaniels is the right choice. I hope we get this done this week so we can move on and concentrate on the DC role.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I have convinced myself that McDaniels is the right choice. I hope we get this done this week so we can move on and concentrate on the DC role.

Not just the DC, but the entire staff.  I'm looking at potential draft picks and systems actually make a difference with some players.  Hopefully McD will see our strength is in a 43 and correct last year's debacle.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Not just the DC, but the entire staff.  I'm looking at potential draft picks and systems actually make a difference with some players.  Hopefully McD will see our strength is in a 43 and correct last year's debacle.

I honestly don't think the 3-4 defense was the issue but more so the fact that we didn't have the correct personnel to run an effective 3-4 defense. Add a true nose tackle and get KK short back, plus an addition of another edge rusher, I could see it being more effective.  

Personally, I am not ready to give up on the 3-4 defense just yet. 

2 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I honestly don't think the 3-4 defense was the issue but more so the fact that we didn't have the correct personnel to run an effective 3-4 defense. Add a true nose tackle and get KK short back, plus an addition of another edge rusher, I could see it being more effective.  

Personally, I am not ready to give up on the 3-4 defense just yet. 

Poe had played in both systems, so yes, he has played NT in the 34 prior.  Outside of Burns and Haynes, we are still set up for a 43.  Haynes is a JAG in both systems, granted a better fit for the 34.  Instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, I think Burns is athletic enough to convert to a 43 LB instead of everyone else trying to fit the 34.  

20 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yes, and when and if he leaves his new team to go back to his old before his contract expires, it will take that team five years to recover 

in no way, do I see McDaniels as a guy who would blend into the South

Dude, half of NC is from up North now. I’ve got people here asking me where I’m from because I have Southern accent. I say, “Uh, I’m from here.”

• Pie 3

22 hours ago, Cavscout said:

Tepper will pay more $$$

Money is not a issue like it was with JR. 

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Dude, half of NC is from up North now. I’ve got people here asking me where I’m from because I have Southern accent. I say, “Uh, I’m from here.”

Yeah NC and a lesser upper SC is basically becoming a NY/NJ/Mass state. 

• Pie 2

Per Joe Person, this is our interview schedule at the moment.

Obviously, it could change.

23 hours ago, punkpanther said:

The fact that so many of you are opposed to McDaniels makes me think he is the best choice. Probably the same people that didn’t want to draft McCaffrey.

preach!!  

the collective opinion of internet couch potatos is not a good indicator of who we should hire!! 

Regardless of who the Panthers pick as our new head coach ,half this forum will not approve of the signing.

• Pie 1