Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
MGH1989

Reports: Matt Rhule finalizing deal to be Carolina Panthers HC

Any chance Rhule can get Robby Anderson to lower his salary desires and come here as a FA? 

The reactions by a lot of you are understandable because you don’t know anything about college football if it isn’t Dabo, Saban, Mack Brown, or Dave Doeren.  It’s a big ol’ world out there and good football is being played elsewhere.  I wouldn’t expect you to have watched Rhule at Temple or Baylor... but this guy gets it, and is excellent at turning programs around.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, TheRed said:

He's one candidate I didn't really read up much on considering he sounded like a dark horse option looking at all the angles.

If someone has or will post a good read up on him that would be much appreciated.

Look him up on youtube he is a great motivational speaker.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Welp, we'll be looking for a new coach in a year or two. He was the next to worst choice behind McCarthy to me. I don't have enough hands to palm my face with right now.

Yeah I’m concerned about his level of wokeness.

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Given that Sandusky is sitting in jail and his Wikipedia page makes no mention of having worked at Baylor, this seems hard to believe.

They’re talking about from when he played at Penn St

Posted (edited)

If the number 1 skill for a head coach is vision and leadership then this might be a great hire. Apparently Rhule has that in spades.  This might mean we keep folks like Scott Turner and maybe keep Norv as special assistant to help him make the transition. I don't know but I am going to be optimistic until there is reason to change my mind. Not sure I want him to bring all his college buddies along or how well connected he is at the NFL level.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1

Just now, panthers55 said:

If the number 1 skill for a head coach is vision and leadership then this might be a great hire. Apparently Rhule has that in spades.  This might mean we keep folks like Scott Turner and maybe keep Norv as special assistant to help him make the transition. I don't know but I am going to be optimistic until there is reason to change my mind.

This.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Did the interview with McDaniels even happen?

Don't think so. I think he was scheduled for Thursday or Friday.